Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Backer Rewards] Physical Reward Updates

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

Urthor

Urthor

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Steam:Urthor
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Still hilarious that for anyone who backed by ordering a physical guidebook it'd have been quicker to not back at all and order it off Amazon after release.  

That said hopefully I get a tracking email sometime soon. 

Edited by Urthor, 10 August 2018 - 07:32 PM.

kangzai

kangzai

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:kangzai
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I received an email saying that m order had shipped - I was so happy, until I realised that it's the T-Shirt and not the Physical Box  :facepalm:  Still, pretty happy to be getting something.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5383 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Why would your tee be shipped separately, though? Sounds pretty inefficient.

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3043 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I received an email saying that m order had shipped - I was so happy, until I realised that it's the T-Shirt and not the Physical Box :facepalm: Still, pretty happy to be getting something.

Did you add the tee on later as a separate order? I picked up the figurines last minute and they are shipping separately from the rest of my stuff.

Mikeymoonshine

Mikeymoonshine

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm just glad I decided to have this sent to my work adress rather than home because I've moved since I backed and am about to move again. :no:

I'm not angry but it's pretty amazing how terrible whatever deals you had before were. For the items to be so massivly delayed and then have someone back out altogether.

Edited by Mikeymoonshine, 11 August 2018 - 09:32 AM.

JohnRReynolds

JohnRReynolds

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Minis came yesterday.  Pretty disappointing items, especially compared to the quality of the CMON Game of Thrones miniatures I got a month ago.  The details just aren't present, the swords were horribly bent (Eder's scimitar was almost wrapped around his head), and Aloth was doing the limbo dance.  Waste of money, IMO, I doubt I ever bother trying to paint them.

Blackflag1

Blackflag1

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Really disappointed with my "physical box version" which is literally a physical case with a code printed on a card. I was under the impression it would have at least the same items as the physical box version of PoE 1, not less. The whole point of getting the physical copy of a game is actually the physical copy, not a printout card in a small metal case.

cryocore

cryocore

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Steam:/cryocore/
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Those of us who have paid the most, and showed the most support have been treated the worst.

As a digital backer more of my pledge went towards Obsidian than physical backers because the physical rewards had to be bought by Obsidian, and physical backers got all the digital rewards anyway. Yes, complain that your rewards haven't been fulfilled, but don't claim you showed the most support, because you did not.

We literally have, and are the only ones still waiting. Not here to here the muttering from you.

cryocore

cryocore

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Minis came yesterday.  Pretty disappointing items, especially compared to the quality of the CMON Game of Thrones miniatures I got a month ago.  The details just aren't present, the swords were horribly bent (Eder's scimitar was almost wrapped around his head), and Aloth was doing the limbo dance.  Waste of money, IMO, I doubt I ever bother trying to paint them.

Can you post some photos please?

Dan H

Dan H

Marketing PM

• Developers+
  • 28 posts

Good evening, everyone! It's an incredible relief to hear some backers have finally received their goods - so far, I'm counting some 1300 orders as having been shipped. In the meantime, there are only a few minor details that need to get ironed out regarding EU/Rest of World contract and will update the support page again, hopefully Wednesday, with good news.

Hi John! Please reach out to us at support@obsidian.net if any of your items were damaged! I'd be happy to reach out to our distributors and make sure you get proper rewards, especially if they were damaged in-transit.

Really disappointed with my "physical box version" which is literally a physical case with a code printed on a card. I was under the impression it would have at least the same items as the physical box version of PoE 1, not less. The whole point of getting the physical copy of a game is actually the physical copy, not a printout card in a small metal case.

I'm sorry if there was any miscommunication about this! We wanted the chromecase to look sleek but not obtrusive in backers' collections and libraries. I know it's a small consolation, but the card's code is different from the code we sent you upon release (and boy am I glad we decided to do that - talk about logistical nightmares), so if you have that friend who put the game on their wishlist but hasn't yet bought it, you can definitely put them in your debt send them a token of your friendship!

• Maf, AndreaColombo, Ethics Gradient and 1 other like this

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3056 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Those of us who have paid the most, and showed the most support have been treated the worst.

As a digital backer more of my pledge went towards Obsidian than physical backers because the physical rewards had to be bought by Obsidian, and physical backers got all the digital rewards anyway. Yes, complain that your rewards haven't been fulfilled, but don't claim you showed the most support, because you did not.

We literally have, and are the only ones still waiting. Not here to here the muttering from you.

Not here to hear you pretend superiority, either. You spent more; that doesn't mean you showed the most support. Just that you had the most wealth.

boffmoffet

boffmoffet

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does the collectors edition have a actual physical copy of the game for possible offline install? 

Townsendvol

Townsendvol

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does the collectors edition have a actual physical copy of the game for possible offline install? 

Mine had a case with a card in it that contained a code that you needed to enter on the site to get your code to download online.

Maf

Maf

Fragment of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I was wondering when my physical edition would show up :)

While things probably could have gone better, I'm sure everything was done with the best intentions.

Thanks for the updates!

(I've long since finished the game, next playthrough will probably when all DLC has been released)

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

"As a digital backer more of my pledge went towards Obsidian than physical backers because the physical rewards had to be bought by Obsidian, and physical backers got all the digital rewards anyway. Yes, complain that your rewards haven't been fulfilled, but don't claim you showed the most support, because you did not."

FAKE NEWS.

Khalidi1

Khalidi1

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

"As a digital backer more of my pledge went towards Obsidian than physical backers because the physical rewards had to be bought by Obsidian, and physical backers got all the digital rewards anyway. Yes, complain that your rewards haven't been fulfilled, but don't claim you showed the most support, because you did not."

FAKE NEWS.

You watch too much Fox News

house2fly

house2fly

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1065 posts
Bragging about "showing more support" reslly doesn't mean anything. Physical backers bought a product so it's not unfair for them to have complaints or expectations about it, the same way it's not unfair to complain about the game being buggy or whatever
  • Achilles likes this

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3043 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Bragging about "showing more support" reslly doesn't mean anything. Physical backers bought a product so it's not unfair for them to have complaints or expectations about it, the same way it's not unfair to complain about the game being buggy or whatever

To be fair, no one bought anything. We were promised rewards in exchange for showing financial support. Yet another reason it’s difficult to justify losing one’s **** over the delays.

I get that this is going to seem like picking of nits to some people, but intentions matter.
  • Tick likes this

cryocore

cryocore

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I have shipping confirmation, but I have no idea how to track it. The tracking number doesn't seem to exist anywhere

Blackflag1

Blackflag1

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm sorry if there was any miscommunication about this! We wanted the chromecase to look sleek but not obtrusive in backers' collections and libraries. I know it's a small consolation, but the card's code is different from the code we sent you upon release (and boy am I glad we decided to do that - talk about logistical nightmares), so if you have that friend who put the game on their wishlist but hasn't yet bought it, you can definitely put them in your debt send them a token of your friendship!

Thanks for replying, Dan.  I just felt a little salty after waiting a long time to receive my physical rewards and after all that buildup of anticipation to be let down. I got over it and my rant wasn't meant to be malicious. However, I did get my backer shirt in the mail though!  :thumbsup:  So that's some good news!

Also, I know it's a long shot but Is there ANY way I can get a actual physical copy of the instruction manual?  I don't care if I have to pay for it or whatever, I just love having a big manual to thumb through like Baldur's Gate or Arcanum.  PC games just don't have those cool physical items like before.

• AndreaColombo and Kirk like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users