[Backer Rewards] Physical Reward Updates

Minis came yesterday.  Pretty disappointing items, especially compared to the quality of the CMON Game of Thrones miniatures I got a month ago.  The details just aren't present, the swords were horribly bent (Eder's scimitar was almost wrapped around his head), and Aloth was doing the limbo dance.  Waste of money, IMO, I doubt I ever bother trying to paint them.

Really disappointed with my "physical box version" which is literally a physical case with a code printed on a card. I was under the impression it would have at least the same items as the physical box version of PoE 1, not less. The whole point of getting the physical copy of a game is actually the physical copy, not a printout card in a small metal case.

Those of us who have paid the most, and showed the most support have been treated the worst.

As a digital backer more of my pledge went towards Obsidian than physical backers because the physical rewards had to be bought by Obsidian, and physical backers got all the digital rewards anyway. Yes, complain that your rewards haven't been fulfilled, but don't claim you showed the most support, because you did not.

We literally have, and are the only ones still waiting. Not here to here the muttering from you.

Minis came yesterday.  Pretty disappointing items, especially compared to the quality of the CMON Game of Thrones miniatures I got a month ago.  The details just aren't present, the swords were horribly bent (Eder's scimitar was almost wrapped around his head), and Aloth was doing the limbo dance.  Waste of money, IMO, I doubt I ever bother trying to paint them.

Can you post some photos please?

Good evening, everyone! It's an incredible relief to hear some backers have finally received their goods - so far, I'm counting some 1300 orders as having been shipped. In the meantime, there are only a few minor details that need to get ironed out regarding EU/Rest of World contract and will update the support page again, hopefully Wednesday, with good news.

Hi John! Please reach out to us at support@obsidian.net if any of your items were damaged! I'd be happy to reach out to our distributors and make sure you get proper rewards, especially if they were damaged in-transit.

Really disappointed with my "physical box version" which is literally a physical case with a code printed on a card. I was under the impression it would have at least the same items as the physical box version of PoE 1, not less. The whole point of getting the physical copy of a game is actually the physical copy, not a printout card in a small metal case.

I'm sorry if there was any miscommunication about this! We wanted the chromecase to look sleek but not obtrusive in backers' collections and libraries. I know it's a small consolation, but the card's code is different from the code we sent you upon release (and boy am I glad we decided to do that - talk about logistical nightmares), so if you have that friend who put the game on their wishlist but hasn't yet bought it, you can definitely put them in your debt send them a token of your friendship!

Those of us who have paid the most, and showed the most support have been treated the worst.

As a digital backer more of my pledge went towards Obsidian than physical backers because the physical rewards had to be bought by Obsidian, and physical backers got all the digital rewards anyway. Yes, complain that your rewards haven't been fulfilled, but don't claim you showed the most support, because you did not.

We literally have, and are the only ones still waiting. Not here to here the muttering from you.

Not here to hear you pretend superiority, either. You spent more; that doesn't mean you showed the most support. Just that you had the most wealth.

I was wondering when my physical edition would show up :)

While things probably could have gone better, I'm sure everything was done with the best intentions.

Thanks for the updates!

(I've long since finished the game, next playthrough will probably when all DLC has been released)

"As a digital backer more of my pledge went towards Obsidian than physical backers because the physical rewards had to be bought by Obsidian, and physical backers got all the digital rewards anyway. Yes, complain that your rewards haven't been fulfilled, but don't claim you showed the most support, because you did not."

FAKE NEWS.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"As a digital backer more of my pledge went towards Obsidian than physical backers because the physical rewards had to be bought by Obsidian, and physical backers got all the digital rewards anyway. Yes, complain that your rewards haven't been fulfilled, but don't claim you showed the most support, because you did not."

FAKE NEWS.

You watch too much Fox News

Bragging about "showing more support" reslly doesn't mean anything. Physical backers bought a product so it's not unfair for them to have complaints or expectations about it, the same way it's not unfair to complain about the game being buggy or whatever

To be fair, no one bought anything. We were promised rewards in exchange for showing financial support. Yet another reason it’s difficult to justify losing one’s **** over the delays.

I get that this is going to seem like picking of nits to some people, but intentions matter.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I'm sorry if there was any miscommunication about this! We wanted the chromecase to look sleek but not obtrusive in backers' collections and libraries. I know it's a small consolation, but the card's code is different from the code we sent you upon release (and boy am I glad we decided to do that - talk about logistical nightmares), so if you have that friend who put the game on their wishlist but hasn't yet bought it, you can definitely put them in your debt send them a token of your friendship!

Thanks for replying, Dan.  I just felt a little salty after waiting a long time to receive my physical rewards and after all that buildup of anticipation to be let down. I got over it and my rant wasn't meant to be malicious. However, I did get my backer shirt in the mail though!  :thumbsup:  So that's some good news!

Also, I know it's a long shot but Is there ANY way I can get a actual physical copy of the instruction manual?  I don't care if I have to pay for it or whatever, I just love having a big manual to thumb through like Baldur's Gate or Arcanum.  PC games just don't have those cool physical items like before.

• Like 2

^ man, that ring-bound manual in the BGII CE was so good...! A shame we’re not getting more of that stuff nowadays.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

^ pics or it didn’t happen?

How are the other items?

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Does the collectors edition have a actual physical copy of the game for possible offline install? 

Mine had a case with a card in it that contained a code that you needed to enter on the site to get your code to download online.

This is so incredibly lame and not at all what people expect when they order a "physical copy." At least me anyway. LAME LAME LAME Obsidian.

Also the tracking number they gave me says its for DHL but the email links me to USPS but neither has the tracking info.

But for real Obsidian, Dan, backers ordering physical copies of the games should in fact receive PHYSICAL COPIES! I am a cartographer, I spend large swaths of time sleep in cabins and work sites in the middle of nowhere working with GIS software that can kill any PC from time to time, much less laptops. The physical copy was a real purposeful and strategic move on my part. Any chance this disappointment in false advertising gets addressed?

Haven't received a shipping notice yet and I'm from the States (If that means anything.). Not that my body requires the presence of these items to survive though. Just thought I'd check in and see how others were doing.  If I can I'll post pics when mine arrives. I have the Signed Elite...Collector's...thing?

Yes! We have no bananas.

Miscommunication?

C'mon man, getting a fancy Download-Code when what we are ordered is a physical copy of the game? This is a disgrace, you kow it and so does the community!

I supported your Kickstarter Campaigns for both Games not only because I thought you maybe could make a great Game but also because I thought you would care a little bit more about your backers and "regular" costumers.

I’m not a fan of the Steam code either, but FWIW it was explicitly mentioned during the Fig campaign (at the very least by Feargus himself) that physical copies would not come with a disc installer this time around.

That does in no way imply that it shouldn’t have been written explicitly in each of the physical tiers’ description, mind you. Just putting things in perspective.

Edited by AndreaColombo

Haven't received a shipping notice yet and I'm from the States (If that means anything.). Not that my body requires the presence of these items to survive though. Just thought I'd check in and see how others were doing.  If I can I'll post pics when mine arrives. I have the Signed Elite...Collector's...thing?

Yeah, I'm in the states and still "shipping soon" also. I suspect it's because I got the painted miniatures.

“Shipping soon” for both the painted miniatures and the collector’s edition.

Have received tracking numbers for both.

“Expected Delivery” date generated for the miniatures on the day they arrived.

Collector’s Edition showed that it was stuck in Kentucky until this morning (now says that it will be delivered by the end of the day today).

I’m old enough to remember a parcel system that consisted of “the post office” and UPS and nothing else, so I’m not that put out. But shipping statuses and tracking numbers that don’t mean anything sure seems like a lot of effort for poor theater.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."