Hi, i just noticed that Aloth got two bonus spells at my level up, besides the 2 spells i chose. How does it work exactly? and how are those 2 bonus spells chosen?

thanks

but how are they chosen ? i didn't chose them, they seem random...

and what if i chose at level up the same spell that would have been granted as bonus spell?

but how are they chosen ? i didn't chose them, they seem random...

and what if i chose at level up the same spell that would have been granted as bonus spell?

They aren't random they are defined by grimoire equipped

you can switch grimoires ( also  in combat ) and all the spells contained in your current equipped grimoire will be available (according to their level)

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

thanks, clear now. My fault, i didn't even check grimoire, i thought it only contained the spells i chose on level up (like in the first game if i recall well) 

Exactly - no need to respec. You will even find unique Grimoires with spells you can't even learn. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Agreed, do not start repecing Aloth.  I learned this the hard way when I first started, and repeced when I found grimoires I really liked.  Drove my self crazy.  Now I just keep all the grimoires I find, and swap them out according to my combat needs.  I pick a few spells that I know I will always use, but I also pay more attention to some of the passive skills instead of taking just spells.

• Like 1