[Bug] Grave Calling with DoTs

thundercleese

Question

Just had Grave Calling summon some Grave Imps on a ship battle against kith. This also happened in the city encounter with the Oozes as well, thought maybe they were treated as Vessels for some reason until it happened again on the ship. I believe it has to do with the DoT from Blood Frenzy, as killing them with a direct blow didn't trigger the summon, however ones that died inbetween swings did.

Presumably this will also work with the other enchant (chill fog), and any other DoT from other classes.

Save from the start of the ship fight: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ozmyo7mwa39pmi2/Blathiel_%25282e7aaa45-bb7b-4b34-8493-733a9942db73%2529_autosave_2.savegame/file

Also just recorded a video of it spawning multiple imps against a large pack of Xauripts:

Edited by thundercleese
  • Like 2

10 answers to this question

So looks like Carnage may be the culpript, though the DoTs may also still cause it.

ODcCUGh.jpg

Save file from before this fight: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tadpgpwwoe2ugi9/Blathiel_%282e7aaa45-bb7b-4b34-8493-733a9942db73%29_quicksave.savegame/file

Edit: Also used the console to test the carnage proc with Hel Beckoning; same results.

Edited by thundercleese

Bump, enemies seem to be randomly treated as vessel. I've it had proc against nagas, kith, for sure, else i dont really recall.

Also, my wielder was Eder, so the bug isnt carnage related even if carnage seems to also proc it.

It also triggered on enemies attacked by but not killed by Eder such as with Aloth's aoe spells (I.e Ninagauth Freezing Pillar/ Chill fog -and not the weapon's proc one-). So yeah, just bumping on this one as i havent really tested it through since it wasnt really gamebreaking for me.

I now have it on my witch cipher but havent played much will report back.

-T

Edited by Triskald

Hi thundercleese,

Interesting find. I've added your issue with Grave Calling's Calling enchant summoning Grave Imps from killing non-Vessel targets due to carnage or DoT effects.

Thanks for posting and providing the necessary files in addition to your video and screenshot. It is hugely appreciated :D

• Like 1

Bump, enemies seem to be randomly treated as vessel. I've it had proc against nagas, kith, for sure, else i dont really recall.

Also, my wielder was Eder, so the bug isnt carnage related even if carnage seems to also proc it.

It also triggered on enemies attacked by but not killed by Eder such as with Aloth's aoe spells (I.e Ninagauth Freezing Pillar/ Chill fog -and not the weapon's proc one-). So yeah, just bumping on this one as i havent really tested it through since it wasnt really gamebreaking for me.

I now have it on my witch cipher but havent played much will report back.

-T

Does your Eder have Deep Wounds? As my initial observation was that it was from DoT damage getting the kill, it was only the barrel clearing exercise that alerted me to the carnage interaction.

Hi thundercleese,

Interesting find. I've added your issue with Grave Calling's Calling enchant summoning Grave Imps from killing non-Vessel targets due to carnage or DoT effects.

Thanks for posting and providing the necessary files in addition to your video and screenshot. It is hugely appreciated :D

No problem. The same thing happens with Hel Beckoning, it's not in that save file but I used the console to test it. Guessing it uses the same code but with vessel replaced by spirit.

My Eder does though he didnt always had it. Edit: Dots indeed. Gouging strike is the culprit. Deep cuts doesnt seem to trigger but ive got a consistent (100% but low sample) proc on kills with gouging strike.

Good to know. I imagine hit and run tactics with Arterial Strike would be the most consistent way to proc/test it on non-vessels.

Probably a better way, true. I just went and cleaned out the imperial command with Eder (and so kith targets). Lots of small rooms easy to get small skirmishes in and he's geared enough at that point that he doenst really take any dmg so i can just dot everybody and watch them die. I used gouging strike out of habit to be honest. I've both but found it to be just all around stronger, anyhow.

Edited by Triskald

So this also works with spell DoTs, as demonstrated in the below video. Also did a second test dual wielding Grave Calling and Hel Beckoning - was getting 2 imps per kill.

Edit: Looks like direct spell damage works too. Or maybe this was because DoTs do their first tick immediately?

5rrirOi.png

Edited by thundercleese