What Weapons Have Elemental Damage Types? (Like Lord Darryn's Voulge)

The new hunting bow in patch 2.0 also does lightning. It would be nice on a class that does lots of auto-attacks with high dex and speed as it is a two handed weapon.

Maybe Barbarian/Ranger or Barbarian Cipher could utilize that bow well. Pretty much anything on a ranged barb like a chanter too. But Ranger/Barb is probably the best and most fitting - get high penetration thanks to frenzy and you have enough shock ar penetration to all except shock immune enemies. And you get lots of accuracy from ranger and items so you can use the bow in fast modal all the time, use driving flight to apply more crits (through barbarian) more often and get more minions. 

Caedebald's Blackbow: corrode

Concelhaut's Draining Touch: corrode

Firebrand: burn

Kalakoth's Minor Blights: burn, freeze, shock, corrode

Eccea's Arcane Blaste: raw

I think that's it. Boltcatcher gauntlets can add a shock AoE to critical hits.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The question was whether there are weapons with dual types that include an element. The ones you listed are all lashes only.

The difference is Lord Darryn's Volgue will do full shock damage if their shock armour is lower than their slash armour (and slash is it is lower than shock), where as a lash adds x% of the final damage done, as damage of the applicable type.

On that note Frostseeker also does a pure frost damage AoE on crit, so that kind of counts.

^ assume you meant WotEP as BotEP doesn’t have a cone attack.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

no, what, there are days of elemental weapons ... the freezy war bow, the freezy hatchet, flamey battleaxe, the corroding morning star, the freezy sabre, at least half-a-dozen more

No there are not many weapons with elemental base dmg type... 

Lord Darryn's Voulge has Slash/Shock as base dmg type. Only other non summoned weapon that has that is Eccea's Arcane Blaster with raw dmg.

All other weapons may have a percentage of dmg they deal added as some element, but the base dmg type is still one of the 3 base physical dmg types slash/piece/crush (and that is that most dmg is calculated from and comes from)

Lord Darryn's Voulge is the most versatile and most useful 2-handed weapon in the game simply cause it does full dmg as shock and for some reason shock is the best dmg type in Dedfire in general. There are not that many mosters with high shock armor in the game, so it will do full dmg most of the times in most fights.

Edited by Farsha

As mentioned above, the new hunting bow also deals pierce/shock.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Should be sold by the merchant in Port Maje, IIRC. It wasn’t there for me though, so it might require starting a new game. I consoled it in to check it out.

• Like 1

Correct, I’m currently on the beta branch.