Let's try again. Priest of Woedica and Steel Garrote as playable classes. DO IT!

Fist should be the favored weapon for the Woedican priest.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What is a favored weapon? That's PoE stuff afaik or what did I miss?

Do you guys mean the spiritutal (summoned) weapons of a priest? Those should be fists for Woedican Priests.

Glowing purple hands with a raw lash - like the Woedica-Priest-NPCs have and which you can get via console. They stack with Transcendent Suffering/Monastic UT. Maybe they nerfed that though. Was pretty overpowered...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Fist should be the favored weapon for the Woedican priest.

sceptre is most setting appropriate. a garrote is not a viable deadfire weapon.  point o' fact, it is not a viable weapon, period.  as the self-proclaimed queen o' the gods, makes sense she would utilize "noble" weapons for priestly spiritual weapon. 'ccording to poe, such weapons include dagger, rapier, mace, rod and sceptre. is doubtful wael rod is replicated for woedica, which is too bad as rod is both a tool o' rulership and punishment; kinda ideal for a deity o' vengeance. am thinking any o' the remaining options from the noble list would be appropriate, but sceptre, more than rest, would fit with queen theme.  rapier is a noble weapon, but such a sword evokes images o' swashbucklers and duelists, which the queen in exile most assuredly is not.  from our pov, scepter or sceptre + dagger or mace make most sense.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Sceptre is nice and all. But the current implementation of the spiritual weapon of Woedica is the "Fist" with a raw lash:

Ss39I4G.png

I don't think that this will get changed. It's a working implementation and altering it to another one would only mean more work to "fix" something that's not broken.

Edited by Boeroer

Sceptre is nice and all. But the current implementation of the spiritual weapon of Woedica is the "Fist" with a raw lash:

I don't think that this will get changed. It's a working implementation and altering it to another one would only mean more work to "fix" something that's not broken.

My character looks strong enough to fight with his fists. :)

sign.jpg

Ss39I4G.png

have seen the odd, glowing, purple cestus/claws from the implemented priest o' woedica mod.  bets on how much time before somebody makes a woedica contemplative named wolverine? however, our observation were regarding what weapons would fit the setting.  given the weapon choices for other other gods, sceptre or sceptre +_______ is most consistent with the internal logic o' the game.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I agree. But the mod didn't put those fists into the game - it's the spiritual weapon that Obsidian gave their Priests of Woedica NPCs. The mod only unlocks the NPC class for the player.

Edited by Boeroer

I agree. But the mod didn't put those fists into the game - it's the spiritual weapon that Obsidian gave their Priests of Woedica NPCs. The mod only unlocks the NPC class for the player.

am aware.  am repeating self.  am only addressing the silliness o' the cestus/claws and suggesting more setting appropriate alternatives.  is not as if we believed the modder were also an amateur animator who designed and implemented his wolverine/logan fantasy into the game... for kicks. 

boeroer may not have noticed, but Gromnir don't always agree with obsidian choices.  (insert shocked face gif here if such would help)  yes, is doubtful obsidian goes through effort to change, but am betting it would be relative simple to change cestus to sceptre.  can hope somebody at obsidian had an eye-roll moment seeing current woedica spiritual weapon and chose to implement a minor fix before dlc release.  unlikely, but so what?

HA! Good Fun!

Fists are actually quite appropriate for a deity whose title—one of the many—is "the strangler." Her earthly manifestation is said to possess enough strength to strangle an adult aumaua to death, and strangulation is a common Eoran punishment for oath breaking by her virtue.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Fists are actually quite appropriate for a deity whose title—one of the many—is "the strangler." Her earthly manifestation is said to possess enough strength to strangle an adult aumaua to death, and strangulation is a common Eoran punishment for oath breaking by her virtue.

yes, strangulation is a well known and common martial combat technique.  men and women with unnaturally large and strong hands has been known to forgo a sword or spear in favor o' bare hands as they maneuver 'bout the battlefield waiting for the moment they can pounce on a bare-necked opponent and slowly squeeze the life outta 'em.

insert eye-roll

am knowing the current implementation has munchkiny appeal, but people is being funny.   sure, is hundreds o' ridiculous things in deadfire and this is hardly a gamebreaker, but glowing wolverine claws as a stand-in for a garotte or strangulation is ridiculous on multiple levels.  a defense based on anything other than rule o' kewl is silly.  

is wolverine inspired cestus summoned weapons as a stand-in combat weapon for strangulation anything other than eye-roll worthy?  then again, the size o' the deadfire morningstars is similar comical.  so yeah, is loads o' funreal (intentional spelling) stuff in deadfire and the wolverine claws might be just another example.  

fine.

even so, am thinking sceptre makes a whole lot more sense.  simple as that.

sheesh.

HA! Good Fun!

yes, strangulation is a well known and common martial combat technique. men and women with unnaturally large and strong hands has been known to forgo a sword or spear in favor o' bare hands as they maneuver 'bout the battlefield waiting for the moment they can pounce on a bare-necked opponent and slowly squeeze the life outta 'em.

Now that you described it so vividly it sounds totally legit.

• Like 2

yes, strangulation is a well known and common martial combat technique.  men and women with unnaturally large and strong hands has been known to forgo a sword or spear in favor o' bare hands as they maneuver 'bout the battlefield waiting for the moment they can pounce on a bare-necked opponent and slowly squeeze the life outta 'em.

insert eye-roll

am knowing the current implementation has munchkiny appeal, but people is being funny.   sure, is hundreds o' ridiculous things in deadfire and this is hardly a gamebreaker, but glowing wolverine claws as a stand-in for a garotte or strangulation is ridiculous on multiple levels.  a defense based on anything other than rule o' kewl is silly.  

is wolverine inspired cestus summoned weapons as a stand-in combat weapon for strangulation anything other than eye-roll worthy?  then again, the size o' the deadfire morningstars is similar comical.  so yeah, is loads o' funreal (intentional spelling) stuff in deadfire and the wolverine claws might be just another example.  

fine.

even so, am thinking sceptre makes a whole lot more sense.  simple as that.

sheesh.

HA! Good Fun!

IRL reach is king. Nothing comical 'bout two handed morningstars for the infantry. Come to think of it – what happened to the cavalry of Eora? No mentions whatsoever. Hmm. An Orlan wolf-rider would be a thing.

Hey, you wanna hear a good joke?

Nobody speak, nobody get choked

Desire to play a Woedican Templar intensifies. :dancing:

IRL reach is king. Nothing comical 'bout two handed morningstars for the infantry. Come to think of it – what happened to the cavalry of Eora? No mentions whatsoever. Hmm. An Orlan wolf-rider would be a thing.

Orlan-Ranger.jpg

• Like 1

sign.jpg

anime and lack o' rl experience has ruined folks.  even if you have never used a sledgehammer in rl, you can no doubt find a +35lb kettlebell at any local gym.  the deadfire morningstars have steel (presumable) heads which is enormous.  compare in size to kettlebells or sledgehammers or whatever. pick up a deadfire morningstar sized kettlebell and swing it around a bit.  then imagine how unwieldy such would be at the end o' a 3.5'-4' handle. 

am knowing the oversize thing for weapons is common in crpgs.  developers has explained how particular with overhead pov such as deadfire uses, realistic sized weapons appear almost indistinguishable from similar sized weapons.  warhammer looks like a mace or a club, particular once combat begins.  is same reason women has chest swell in armours which would otherwise render gender differences indistinguishable. we get it. play a guy wielding a morningstar and you wanna see your character wielding a morningstar.  play a female character, and you wanna see feminine. we mentioned morningstar size specific as one o' the credulity stretching staples which is common and accepted. is many deadfire weapons is sized wrong, and particular with overhead pov and camera pulled back, the size issues is largely unnoticed.  morningstars is thus both wrong and internal consistent.

everybody gots a different threshold for what is exceeding acceptable levels o' silliness or camp.  apparently Gromnir draws line at comic book inspired claw weapons. others?

HA! Good Fun!

anime and lack o' rl experience has ruined folks.  even if you have never used a sledgehammer in rl, you can no doubt find a +35lb kettlebell at any local gym.  the deadfire morningstars have steel (presumable) heads which is enormous.  compare in size to kettlebells or sledgehammers or whatever. pick up a deadfire morningstar sized kettlebell and swing it around a bit.  then imagine how unwieldy such would be at the end o' a 3.5'-4' handle.

When I went to Scotland I saw a guy selling medieval weapons and it was very interesting. Swords are fine, but when I held a flail I noticed that it was much heavier than I expected and the handle seemed too long for a moment. Until I pointed it upwards and what should have been obvious became clear: if it was shorter, the balls would reach my hands.

I guess I wouldn't have had a long carrier as a weapon maker in the middle ages. :facepalm::banghead:

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

aside, but the ball and chain flail may never have been a real weapon.  

https://www.publicmedievalist.com/curious-case-weapon-didnt-exist/

ball and chain flails is likely similar to iron maidens as a staple in art but absent from reality.

220px-L%C3%BCtzelburger_Hohlbein_K%C3%A4

hinged pole weapon is a legit flail, but not what most people imagine when speaking o' crpg flail. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1