Let's try again. Priest of Woedica and Steel Garrote as playable classes. DO IT!

Priest of woedica wouldn't feel right without a lot of rewriting of the main quest given POE1. Could be a good sidekick though.

Steel Garrett would tie in really nicely to the watchers previous lives.

I wouldn't mind the option even if it didn't have the proper reactivity. It was disappointing for Eothas' Priests in PoE1, but I think it's ok if you know in advance.

sign.jpg

If a sidekick is off the table due to the lack of budget for a new portrait and VO, then why not add in these two classes as an option for hired adventurers?  Getting access to adventurers with these classes could even serve as a reward for:

allying with Woedica at the end of PoE, or allowing Oswald to die at the end of Lost Dues in Good Faith

Edited by DozingDragon

Aside from the quest with Oswald do we ever see other Steel Garrote and Priests of Woedica in the game? I can't recall any. Always found it weird how they built those two unique classes but did so little with them.

Look at my previous post. They have reactivity so I think they were gonna be playable but got cut.

• Like 1

Good you made this post and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one obsessed with Woedica. I really hoped you couLd play as a paladin or priest dedicated to her in this game, some devs had teased about it, but I was sadly disappointed when it came out.

But someone at Obsidian is bound to be a loyal subject of Woedica. Someone gave us that one ending in PoE1, someone insisted on adding cool weapons and gear dedicated to her: Oathbreaker's End, Magistrate's Cudgel, Woedica's Strangling Grasp, someone even decided to have the player gather pieces of an artifact of Woedica throughout all three expansion packs, someone came so close to adding the Steel Garrote and Priest of Woedica to the game. Someone just needs our pressure and support to make it reality.

• Like 2

Was playing as a Steel Garrote with the mod and found something interesting. Steel Garrote has reactivity!

Now this is interesting. I wonder if Priest of Woedica has lines too.

I haven't run into any but in still early in with my priest. Steel Garrote has another line too but I forgot to screen shot it.

• Like 1

Good you made this post and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one obsessed with Woedica. I really hoped you couLd play as a paladin or priest dedicated to her in this game, some devs had teased about it, but I was sadly disappointed when it came out.

But someone at Obsidian is bound to be a loyal subject of Woedica. Someone gave us that one ending in PoE1, someone insisted on adding cool weapons and gear dedicated to her: Oathbreaker's End, Magistrate's Cudgel, Woedica's Strangling Grasp, someone even decided to have the player gather pieces of an artifact of Woedica throughout all three expansion packs, someone came so close to adding the Steel Garrote and Priest of Woedica to the game. Someone just needs our pressure and support to make it reality.

Or maybe it was the Leaden Key? :p

• Like 1

sign.jpg

This all looks very promising guys. If they intended to put it in anyways they will not really oppose this campaign I guess?

Hooray for the Deadfire Evil Party Playthrough! I mean even more evil.

I mean the latest beta patch is already awesome. If they manage to put this is as well in the future... It doesn't bear contemplating! :)

Edit: also add Priest of Rhymrgand please. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Sour to all the rogue and ranger etc players with hardly sht.

I found a sheet that listed how much reactivity each class has and it's sad how few some have. What's sadder is Steel Garrote has more than the Darcozzi Paladini and it's a cut class!

Damn shame. Darcozzi is an interesting class. On another note I did a mod of my own which allowed me to have the "Soldier" background. That had a dialogue check in Poko Kohara.

Some cultures have dialogue too. I wonder if they were planning to allow you to be from the Vailian Republics since it has a bit of REACTIVITY. Argh! I hope they add some of the cut content in the final dlc.

Maybe it applies to Companions and Crew Members. There is also the "Gentry" background.

Don't think so cause another user said he got dialogue for solider.

Maybe it applies to Companions and Crew Members. There is also the "Gentry" background.

Don't think so cause another user said he got dialogue for solider.

Hmm... good point. They could release a free DLC with these options. Extra backgrounds, cultures and so on. Even if there was little reactivity.

Honestly a mini dlc that adds more reactivity all around would be pretty cool. It may not seem like much but I can't help but smile when I see a reactivity check.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...