Let's try again. Priest of Woedica and Steel Garrote as playable classes. DO IT!

No thanks

So many classes only have 3 kit options like rogue and ranger I feel they are more deserving of extra love. Priest and Paladin already get 5 options if I'm not mistaken.

The difference is: Those two subclasses are already in the game - just not playable. That's a different thing than adding a whole new subclass. And it's not that developers think like "if we do Steel Garrotte we can't do other rogue subclasses anymore".

We wouldn't ask for this if Obsidian had to implement those subclasses from the ground up.

If you don't want to support this wish, just don't post - unless you really want to prevent those two npc subclasses to become playable subclasses, then go on.

• Like 5

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

How ready are they? Each of the priest subclasses have their own flavor spells based on their diety. They have level 9 spells and special spiritual weapons. If these sub classes are good to go immediately then I'm 50 50. If not then please focus on other classes.

I have yet to finish the game so I do not know how these subclasses play out in game. In poe1, If people requested woedica priests then I'm 100% against. Maybe when I finish the game I'll find more reasons to say no. Stay tuned

Also keep in most people will not come back to thus game regularly. They will play it now and come back in the next expack. Time is important. Priest paladins have plenty of stuff now even if these subclasses are already 50% complete.

Edited by asnjas

How ready are they?

The answer is in the previous page of this thread, along with screenshots of all unique abilities that are already in the game for both classes (indeed, Priest of Woedica just might be the Priest subclass with the most unique spells, and they all have unique icons to go with them.)

They need descriptions for their unique abilities, maybe an icon for the Garrote ability (would be nice to have but not strictly necessary), and in-game reactivity. Mechanics are all already there to the point that modders can already make both classes available (and they have.)

I didn't realise Obsidian responded to the Sanguine Plate request. Fingers crossed eh?

Damn straight! I've exchanged PMs with Dimitri and he said he'll let me know if/when he's tasked to do it; been holding my breath ever since and I sure hope he PMs soon before I die a horrible, suffocating death XD

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Perhaps they will in PoE3: Woedica's Revenge!

Pillars of Eternity

Pillars of Eternity 2: Eothas Strikes Back

Pillars of Eternity 3: Woedican Boogaloo

I'll see myself out.

Gotta have a PoE4: Revengeance

Don't forget about Pillars of Eternity: Yezuha drift. Including that annoying song.

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 1

Waited some time to get feedback from other users, then brought the thread to their attention via social media. I’ll follow the same pattern this time ;)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

How ready are they?

The answer is in the previous page of this thread, along with screenshots of all unique abilities that are already in the game for both classes (indeed, Priest of Woedica just might be the Priest subclass with the most unique spells, and they all have unique icons to go with them.)

They need descriptions for their unique abilities, maybe an icon for the Garrote ability (would be nice to have but not strictly necessary), and in-game reactivity. Mechanics are all already there to the point that modders can already make both classes available (and they have.)

I didn't realise Obsidian responded to the Sanguine Plate request. Fingers crossed eh?

Damn straight! I've exchanged PMs with Dimitri and he said he'll let me know if/when he's tasked to do it; been holding my breath ever since and I sure hope he PMs soon before I die a horrible, suffocating death XD

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Dimitri wouldn't be working on it. It would be a different character artist on the DLC team. Just don't want you to freak out if he doesn't send you anything.

• Like 6

Thank you for letting me know; I really appreciate the communication (and the concern ;))

Tangentially, your writing in this thread tells me I don’t need to social-media it your way :D

• Like 2

Let's give this a bump. We need MOAR Woedica in our Deadfire!

• Like 1

Let's whet people's appetite in case they didn't know these classes are actually already in the game.

It's worth noting that none of these class-specific abilities has a description, so providing these options to the player would also require that they be written.

The ability "Garrote" effectively replaces Lay on Hands, but it would make sense for it to have its own separate, unique icon.

Steel Garrote

dvdscXu.png

Ogc1HGQ.png

Priest of Woedica

UjkuyMo.png

SE3GCU6.png

2MNJKjs.png

Ss39I4G.png

ktAtMzj.png

KjY7Kpn.png

3GcF4N9.png

It's also worth noting that the Writ of Sorcery is possibly too powerful for a PL VII spell if given to the player—and I say that against the best interest of my inner powergamer. It would probably make sense to swap it with the Writ of Mending, which is currently PL IX, so that only pure-class Priests of Woedica could get it.

My one concern is that the Priest of Woedica seems designed almost specifically as an anti-player subclass, what with its ability to shut down consumable and ability usage. It's designed to make you say, "oh crap," but I worry that coming from the player it'd potentially just make things dull (or do nothing at all, against some enemies). While it is finished, I think it needs tweaking if it's to be made available for general play. Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

• 2 months later...

The Forgotten Sanctum’s release is approaching. If we want to see these subclasses, now’s the time to say it!

• Like 2