Hello Obsidian team,

I was not sure where to post my question specifically so I chose here. If it is not the right spot than please feel free to move it wherever you feel it belongs.

I have not seen any recent updates on when we, the project backers, would receive their physical rewards? Originally they were supposed to be in our hands when the game went live. I understand you had some setbacks on collecting all of the physical rewards in time to make that a reality. Since that though you have not really provided any details and/or schedule on when we can expect all of these rewards we invested in?

Could you please provide that to us so we know what to expect? Living in a vacuum without any direction is frustrating and I invested a very significant amount of money into this project and would simply like to receive that which I paid for or at the very least get an official commitment from you as to when these physical rewards can be expected.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Respectfully,

A long time backer and enjoyer of the POE series...

Virtopian

They are not updating the backers at all on this. No word on the dev stream this week, no reply on two other similar threads. Really disappointing. Really terrible communication. What little updates have been given include no details of actual timelines and no explanation about delays or even the process so their backers know whats going on. Other things I have backed at least bother telling you WHY things are delayed and whats being done on their side to fix it.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95895-a-look-into-the-fig-physical-items/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102438-collectors-edition-delivery-pending/

PoE3 Figstarter stretch goals:

@1.3m - all physical goods produced in the contental United States

@1.5m - overnight shipping for all pledges over $500

@1.7m - overnight shipping for all pledges with physical items

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I personally went to the factory where the goods were being stored and I destroyed them all. I have absorbed the power from your Fig donations and am now unstoppable. Bullets just bounce off me now.

• Like 3

Yes! We have no bananas.

I personally went to the factory where the goods were being stored and I destroyed them all. I have absorbed the power from your Fig donations and am now unstoppable. Bullets just bounce off me now.

Gods help us all, that much absorbed fig fund power he could kickstart any kind of game he wants, through manifest will alone! Everyone clear your minds!

*Que Stay Puft Marshmallow Man dating sim game.

Edited by boffmoffet
  • Like 1

They are not updating the backers at all on this. No word on the dev stream this week, no reply on two other similar threads. Really disappointing. Really terrible communication. What little updates have been given include no details of actual timelines and no explanation about delays or even the process so their backers know whats going on. Other things I have backed at least bother telling you WHY things are delayed and whats being done on their side to fix it.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95895-a-look-into-the-fig-physical-items/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102438-collectors-edition-delivery-pending/

My guess, at this point, is that the foreign manufacturer ****ed them over somehow and the backer goods are shoddy quality but they're still trying to get it sorted out. It's happened to other kickstarters before, especially board game kickstarters. 

• Like 1

I chose to reach out to the Obsidian team on their Facebook page. Surprisingly enough I did get a quick response from them. The response that I received was open and honest. I just wish I had not had to beg across multiple platforms trying to get this response. The explanation makes sense. It is an answer I can understand and respect. And though it is not the answer I was hoping for it does make perfect sense. As I told them in my response to them I just wish they had chosen to share this message with us backers proactively instead of reacting to our voice of complaint and dissatisfaction.

Obsidian Response via Facebook Messenger:

HI there, Virtopian!

Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize that you have not felt heard. If you let me know your username, I'll send it over to our forum peeps to see what's going on with your posts, as that shouldn't be a thing. As for your inquiry into the physical rewards, you have every right to be upset. In the last Backer Update (https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103895-update-52-beast-of-winter-preview/) we gave some news, but after sending that out, things happened with our European distribution center that was out of our control. We will be sending out an update to all of our Physical Backers very soon. The long and short of is that while our goods are in the distribution center, the European distribution center revealed to us that they went bankrupt and wouldn't be able to fulfill their commitment to ship items out. We have been scrambling to find a place that can take the items from them and get them out, and we hope we finally have a solution.

It isn't ideal and we're beside ourselves that we have let it come to this as we had every intention to get the physical rewards out to everyone when the game launched. That didn't happen and it's making us evaluate how we would do physical orders (or do them all) in the future if we did another crowdfunding experience.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we are aiming to resolve the issue as quickly as we possibly can.

Best,
-Mikey Dowling

In addition to this response I have asked their support team to post an official update on the Fig site and they said that the Project manager responsible for the physical rewards should be responding here on the Forums soon. I do not like the answer obviously but it is something I do understand. For future feedback all I can say to the Obsidian team is to keep your backers in the know. Do not ignore us. Do not go dark. Transparency is a good thing. Under promise and over deliver.

To my fellow backers, I am as hopeful as you that I am looking forward to my physical rewards as much as you...

• Like 5

PoE3 Figstarter stretch goals:

@1.3m - all physical goods produced in the contental United States

@1.5m - overnight shipping for all pledges over $500

@1.7m - overnight shipping for all pledges with physical items

They would still find a way to be several months late.  Didn't learn from PoE, why would they learn from PoE 2. 

I chose to reach out to the Obsidian team on their Facebook page. Surprisingly enough I did get a quick response from them. The response that I received was open and honest. I just wish I had not had to beg across multiple platforms trying to get this response. The explanation makes sense. It is an answer I can understand and respect. And though it is not the answer I was hoping for it does make perfect sense. As I told them in my response to them I just wish they had chosen to share this message with us backers proactively instead of reacting to our voice of complaint and dissatisfaction.

HI there, Virtopian!

Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize that you have not felt heard. If you let me know your username, I'll send it over to our forum peeps to see what's going on with your posts, as that shouldn't be a thing. As for your inquiry into the physical rewards, you have every right to be upset. In the last Backer Update (https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103895-update-52-beast-of-winter-preview/) we gave some news, but after sending that out, things happened with our European distribution center that was out of our control. We will be sending out an update to all of our Physical Backers very soon. The long and short of is that while our goods are in the distribution center, the European distribution center revealed to us that they went bankrupt and wouldn't be able to fulfill their commitment to ship items out. We have been scrambling to find a place that can take the items from them and get them out, and we hope we finally have a solution.

It isn't ideal and we're beside ourselves that we have let it come to this as we had every intention to get the physical rewards out to everyone when the game launched. That didn't happen and it's making us evaluate how we would do physical orders (or do them all) in the future if we did another crowdfunding experience.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we are aiming to resolve the issue as quickly as we possibly can.

Best,

-Mikey Dowling

In addition to this response I have asked their support team to post an official update on the Fig site and they said that the Project manager responsible for the physical rewards should be responding here on the Forums soon. I do not like the answer obviously but it is something I do understand. For future feedback all I can say to the Obsidian team is to keep your backers in the know. Do not ignore us. Do not go dark. Transparency is a good thing. Under promise and over deliver.

To my fellow backers, I am as hopeful as you that I am looking forward to my physical rewards as much as you...

Hopefully they don't even offer them again so they wont fail so horribly again.  I wont ever back again for physical reward. Not sure I would even back the game, at this point I don't think they need my money to get it done.  

• Like 1

They give a legitimate reason and you're still mad about it? I mean I get it delays suck but surely you weren't expecting Obsidian to know a company was going bankrupt right?

Edited by Big-Ben
  • Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.

They give a legitimate reason and your still mad about it? I mean I get it delays suck but surely you weren't expecting Obsidian to know a company was going bankrupt right?

I am sorry, I missed where they have posted that update to their backers.

• Like 1

HI there, Virtopian!

Best,

-Mikey Dowling

Thank you so much for sharing this response. Good to have that update.

• Like 1

"They give a legitimate reason and you're still mad about it? I mean I get it delays suck but surely you weren't expecting Obsidian to know a company was going bankrupt right?"

I didn't hire the other company. I hired Obsidian. The other company had no contract with me. Obsidian did. They are 100% responsible for it. I haven't given up on Obsidian yet as I can be patient and can be understanding when crap happens but make no mistake ultimately the ball is in Obsidian's court.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, in the event it comes up, let me be the first to volunteer for any all-expenses-paid trips to Europe to help Mikey and Aarik get the physical goods shipped out.

Just need to quickly renew my passport and explain to my family why I need to disappear for a couple weeks in order to put stuff in boxes.

The distribution center is a nice Tuscan villa, right?

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 3

Well, in the event it comes up, let me be the first to volunteer for any all-expenses-paid trips to Europe to help Mikey and Aarik get the physical goods shipped out.

Just need to quickly renew my passport and explain to my family why I need to disappear for a couple weeks in order to put stuff in boxes.

The distribution center is nice Tuscan villa, right?

That depends on how flexible you are about the definition of a nice Tuscan villa.

• Like 2

Obsidian updated their latest news of backers rewards at the link below on July 31. 2018.  It looks like if you live in North America, South America or Oceania the items will start shipping on Aug 6, 2018 from Ohio in the US.  The rest of the world has the problem where the distributor went bankrupt.  Obsidian did state that on April 3 they would update hopefully with new vendor info

https://support.obsidian.net/article/23-whats-the-latest-news-on-physical-backer-rewards

Hi all,

Just jumping in here - I wrote a post here to provide everyone with an update, and I'm sorry that it got to this point. We were trying to hold off on an update until we had more concrete dates (and vendors) to update everyone about, but we see now that it would have been better just to update everyone regardless. Updates will be coming regularly now, as they should have been from the beginning, and we'll keep you guys in the loop about the current situation and what we're trying to do to solve any problems going forward.

You've all been patient beyond all measure throughout this project, and we couldn't have asked for a better community. I'm scrambling to get a vendor in line now and the latest is one we've worked with before, so I'm hoping it works out (knock on wood). Will update the page again on Friday with more information. Thanks again, everyone.