can someone please explain me how numbers under spells work? 

there are two numers. one under each level, i presume that is the spell casts available for that level, correct? and it is per combat?

Then if i mouse over the actual spells, there is another number. not very clear to me...

thanks

It's not entirely easy to answer this without knowing what [multi]class you're playing. But yeah, for druids/wizards/priests, the numbers under each level on the actionbar represents how many casts you have left of each level, and it's per encounter. The numbers will also be colored to match the class; blue for priests, green for druids, don't know the wizard color.

If you view your selection of a given level for a class like cipher or chanter, there will be a number under each ability representing focus or phrase cost. Ciphers and chanters can use their abilities as many times as they can get focus/phrases to power them.

If you take some screenshots and circle the numbers that confuse you I'm certain we can explain them in no time.

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Yeah. If you're say a fighter/priest you can cast two level 1 priest spells. If you're a druid/priest you can cast two level 1 priest spells and two level 1 druid spells. You can, however, not transfer power between your classes and give up your druid spells to cast four level 1 priest spells.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Can't find anything on the forums so might as well ask here since it's somewhat related (spells and how they work) and it doesn't seem significant enough to make a new thread.

Is Nature's Bounty bugged? It says it gives you +2 Might and Perception, but after drinking it if I look in character sheet those bonuses are not applied. Can't check Action Speed bonus since that's nowhere in the character sheet (why?) but I'm wondering if this does anything at all or I should just avoid casting it completely.

Same with Deleterious Alacrity of Motion. It says it gives you Swift Inspiration, but it doesn't, it's just the overall "spell name" effect. At least the stride effect is clearly visible so eh.

You can check your action speed bonus when right-clicking on your weapons or spells and hover over attack/cast time and recovery time.

Usually it's also displayed under "current effects" on the char sheet (press C).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Can't find anything on the forums so might as well ask here since it's somewhat related (spells and how they work) and it doesn't seem significant enough to make a new thread.

Is Nature's Bounty bugged? It says it gives you +2 Might and Perception, but after drinking it if I look in character sheet those bonuses are not applied. Can't check Action Speed bonus since that's nowhere in the character sheet (why?) but I'm wondering if this does anything at all or I should just avoid casting it completely.

Same with Deleterious Alacrity of Motion. It says it gives you Swift Inspiration, but it doesn't, it's just the overall "spell name" effect. At least the stride effect is clearly visible so eh.

i don't have any issue with Nature's Bounty and Deleterious Alacrity of Motion

Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh

EDIT:

Btw to check Action Speed you have to check the attack time of a weapon or the recovery time of an ability/item

Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh

Edited by kilay

Thanks for the replies. Going back to the game and checking again, maybe I missed those details. I checked the might for example by looking at the final number in character sheet. It was 26 before and after the nature boon. Going to check the listing and see what's going on.

Oookay. It still seems buggy to me, but at least I suppose it works since it is displayed in some places at some times.

So using the boon during combat will list it in effects, will list it when you hover mouse over character, and it lists the perception bonus in total stats, but it does NOT list the might bonus.

However, once the combat ends, if the boon still has time left, the might bonus is finally displayed.

So what exactly is happening here? Which numbers am I supposed to believe? lol

Pic 1 is the stats before using the boon. Might hovered over to show details. Perception at 24.
Pic 2 is the window you get when hovering over the character. It's after using the boon. The boon appears in that list.
Pic 3 is the character sheet again, after using the boon. Might hovered over for details. Might doesn't show the boon. Perception is indeed at 26 now.
Pic 4 is character sheet scrolled down, in the effects list the boon is now displayed there.

So basically it's displayed everywhere, except in the total Might stat list.
Once the combat ended, it was displayed there, similar to the pics kilay linked above.

So is this a case of too many buffs and not displaying them? Doesn't seem like that would be the case since I've seen much longer lists.
Is the +2 might still there during the fight if it's not listed in the Might total? I suppose yes since it does appear there after combat ends.

post-217428-0-36655900-1532970910_thumb.jpg

post-217428-0-21660700-1532970919_thumb.jpg

post-217428-0-78387900-1532970929_thumb.jpg

post-217428-0-65388700-1532970935_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kian

Oookay. It still seems buggy to me, but at least I suppose it works since it is displayed in some places at some times.

So using the boon during combat will list it in effects, will list it when you hover mouse over character, and it lists the perception bonus in total stats, but it does NOT list the might bonus.

However, once the combat ends, if the boon still has time left, the might bonus is finally displayed.

So what exactly is happening here? Which numbers am I supposed to believe? lol

Pic 1 is the stats before using the boon. Might hovered over to show details. Perception at 24.
Pic 2 is the window you get when hovering over the character. It's after using the boon. The boon appears in that list.
Pic 3 is the character sheet again, after using the boon. Might hovered over for details. Might doesn't show the boon. Perception is indeed at 26 now.
Pic 4 is character sheet scrolled down, in the effects list the boon is now displayed there.

So basically it's displayed everywhere, except in the total Might stat list.
Once the combat ended, it was displayed there, similar to one of the pics someone linked aboved me.

So is this a case of too many buffs and not displaying them? Doesn't seem like that would be the case since I've seen much longer lists.
Is the +2 might still there during the fight if it's not listed in the Might total? I suppose yes since it does appear there after combat ends.

Are you using some mod ?

Are you using some mod ?

I'm using an armor "looks only" mod. The author specifically says the mod only changes armors from being displayed.

These problems were there long before I installed this mod yesterday (29.07.18).

I specifically avoid using mods that change stuff in game mechanics, like skills, npcs, scripts, etc. So that's not it either. :p Besides I always finish the achievements before installing any mod as well, so I "enjoyed" these bugs (or whatever) as I did two full playthroughs of the game, with no mod.

The mod is NSFW, even if the pics when you go to the link are blurred:

Edited by Kian

This mod is a little outdated, that's the point. Not sure, but maybe you can try to remove it temporarily just to check if the bug goes away..

Nature's bounty is also a Druid ability (Lifegiver) i don't know why is showed on you character sheet, i've checked the gamedatabundle of the default game and all seem fine about it.

Edited by kilay

This mod is a little outdated, that's the point. Not sure, but maybe you can try to remove it temporarily just to check if the bug goes away..

Nature's bounty is also a Druid ability (Lifegiver) i don't know why is showed on you character sheet, i've checked the gamedatabundle of the default game and all seem fine about it.

Like I said I got this mod yesterday. I've had those problems since I bought the game, a few days after it launched. So....... :p

It's not entirely easy to answer this without knowing what [multi]class you're playing. But yeah, for druids/wizards/priests, the numbers under each level on the actionbar represents how many casts you have left of each level, and it's per encounter. The numbers will also be colored to match the class; blue for priests, green for druids, don't know the wizard color.

If you view your selection of a given level for a class like cipher or chanter, there will be a number under each ability representing focus or phrase cost. Ciphers and chanters can use their abilities as many times as they can get focus/phrases to power them.

If you take some screenshots and circle the numbers that confuse you I'm certain we can explain them in no time.

thanks man, i am not multiclassing, I am referring to Priest and Wizard. I have kinda understood how other classes work.

Here the image, i have circled in red the numbers i do not understand: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=172DuKDUBocY6uBKGX6ytOQI5f2SnAkRl

one is under the (feature?) icon, other are the ones under the spells directly

thanks man, i am not multiclassing, I am referring to Priest and Wizard. I have kinda understood how other classes work.

Here the image, i have circled in red the numbers i do not understand: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=172DuKDUBocY6uBKGX6ytOQI5f2SnAkRl

one is under the (feature?) icon, other are the ones under the spells directly

The number under the purple icon (which is the same as with the number under each spell level - I, II, III, IV, etc) is the total number of casts available for that level. In your pic you have 1 level III cast available, so you can cast 1 level III spell out of the four level III spells you know. The same number is listed under each spell as well, to indicate how many times you can cast it.

• Like 1