[Release] More Paladin Subclasses: The Mystic Knights

g8SyKUS.png

Part I:

The Umbral Mystic Knights

Overview: The Umbral Mystic Knight is a lonely inquisitor with the power to manipulate shadows. Umbral Mystic Knights lose access to many paladin abilities but gain a list of abilities when they reach specific power levels

Description: The Umbral Mystics are a branch of the Mystic Knights paladin order that rose to prominence in tandem with Animancy in the Aedyr empire. The Umbral Mystics wear black clothing and armor. They are involved in covert operations against rogue animancers and dark creatures that result from their art. Shadows rise in servitude to their willpower and zeal, they coalesce to form their shrouded weaponry and armors

Dispositions: +Deceptive and Rational -Honest and Aggressive

Ability gained per power level:

1. Shadow Strike: Adds more damage and accuracy to next attack
  2. Shrouded Blade of the Mystic Knights: Summoned weapon
  3. Shadow Walk: Invisibility
  4. Umbral Strike: Shadow Strike also blinds
  5. Rymgrin's Repulsive Visage
  6. Shadowing Beyond
  7. Rymgrin's Enervating Terror
  8. Summon Shadow: Summons a shade
  9. Form of the Umbral Knight: Ultimate Transformation (Two Umbral Swords and Umbral Plate Armor)

Drawback: Loses access to Fire, Heal and Light Paladin abilities

QrPvicK.pngELNzzz1.png

Download my mod here: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/169

Edited by NocturnalTrance
  • Like 3

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

Time to try it on my Lord Soth

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

Version 1.0.1

Fixed some stringtables, everything displayed correctly now :}

• Like 1

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

Version 1.0.2

Changed the FX for Rymgrim's enervating terror to be pruple instead of light blue only for the Umbral Mystic

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone sorry for the lack of updates on this mod. I’m on here to give you a little hint of the order of release for the paladin classes that my little project aims to include.

Part II: those knights draw their power from wailing banshees and souls lost in the pale moonlight

Part III: those knights are martyrs of a Saint

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update 2.0

Hey everyone, pleased to announce that Part II of my mod is up :}

kJNlLyc.png

Overview: The Luna Mystic Knight is a versatile warrior and anti-mage, capable of using a abilities that call upon spirits hidden in moonlight. The Luna Mystic can transform into a banshee that is capable of destroying even the most powerful opponents.

Description: The Luna Mystic Knights are a branch of the Mystic Knights paladin order of the Aedyr Empire. Luna mystics are tasked with protecting high ranking members of the Aedyr hierarchy. They work as quiet and collected guardians and protectors. The order of Luna Mystics was the first order within the Mystic Knights, created in response to the death of a young noble at the hands of an animancer. Originally the Order allowed only nobles who gave up their claims to land and power to join. As members of a knightly order and often times former nobles they are more refined than their brothers and sisters of their order, often involving themselves in court intrigue and scandal.

Dispositions: +Stoic and Diplomatic -Passionate and Aggressive

Ability list per power level:

1. Shards of Moonlight
  2. -
  3. Silver Mace of the Mystic Knights
  4. -
  5. Silver Veil
  6. -
  7. Silver Gale
  8. -
  9. Lady of Silver Waters

Drawback: Loses access to Abjugations

dar3m4c.pngh1yoVFT.png

Download my mod here: https://www.nexusmod...rnity2/mods/169

• Like 4

Update 3.0

Part III: is up :3

N7g2Z0U.png

Overview: The Sol Mystic is a powerful vessel hunter and fighter. In order to access their fullest potential, the player must use their summoned weapons which grant two powerful abilities otherwise hidden. This encourages resource management since the Sol Knight, even if very powerful will fall short if their resources are incorrectly used.

Description: The Sol Mystic Knights are the newest branch of the Mystic Knights paladin order. The Sol Mystics are also known as the Banes of St. Waidwen Martyr. The Sol Mystics became fugitives from Raedceras after they turned their back on St. Waidwen after he decided to invade Dyrwood. In order to escape percecution or zealous attacks they accepted conscription into the Mystic Knights in a controversial series of events brought fourth by the Luna Mystics. The Sol Mystics as Raedcerans are perhaps the most hated of the order, they work dilligently to find their place in the Aedyr Empire. What cannot be denied by the common and noble folk of the Aedyr Empire however, is that they are the best vessel hunters.

Dispositions: +Benevolent and Honest -Deceptive and Cruel

Ability list per power level:

1. Sunbeam
  2. -
  3. Splinters of the Godhammer
  4. -
  5. Shinning Beacon
  6. -
  7. Sunlance
  8. -
  9. Light of Eothas

• Abilities granted by spiritual weapon: Sprites of Sunlight (missiles that cause great fire damage) and Sol rush (Charge that attacks everyone in the way of the Sol knight and their chosen enemy)

Drawback: Loses access to paladin fire Abilities and faltering faith debuff makes them lose most of the bonus from Faith and Conviction

3FN4MSE.png5rvm6Ej.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update 3.1

Reworked Umbral Knight to resemble the other two subclasses and added new abilities, such as Umbral Pitfall!

Added a silence proc for Luna Knight Spiritual weapon.

Dn7scX4.png

• 2 months later...

Update 4.0

New Version up on Nexus! 

Hey all,

I have a few questions, it might be a bit far fetched to get a reply now that Deadfire is coming to a close, but anyways.

1. Do you feel I should lower cost of abilities? or do you think the balance is pretty good?
  2. I would like to do something special for the closing of Deadfire, if I find the time. What would you like to see? 
  3. How do you feel about special trinkets for each Mystic knight class? Maybe a transformation or a special ability?
  4. Do you want me to expand my headcannon for these subclasses, are you interested in me providing some fan-lore for these classses?

Thank you all for supporting my mod, my venture in the Deadfire has been amazing thanks to you all, the PoE slack, and the wonderful Obsidian developers :}

I may make a couple mods in the future for Deadfire, if I find the motivation, but otherwise see you in these forums in the meantime or the next Pillars game or The Outer Worlds forums.