Looking for your thoughts on melee Berserker mc for solo potd run!

I've greatly enjoyed multiclassing zerker with devoted fighter and stalker ranger, but for solo i felt i was lacking heals in some encounters.

Much appreciated!

Edited by Flucas

I've greatly enjoyed multiclassing zerker with devoted fighter and stalker ranger, but for solo i felt i was lacking heals in some encounters.

Much appreciated!

I was gonna come in here and say devoted but I see u already tried it. If u felt that the fighter were lacking heals I'm afraid there's no other class that can generate even close to the same self healing.

Unbending is good - but also kind of costly.

Maybe try Berserker/Paladin with Exhalted Endurance and Greater Lay on Hands. The first one doesn't run out and the second provides a powerful heal with a not so short phase of Robust (10 health per tick base).

On the defensive side it's equally good and (Eternal) FoD is a nice thing as well - so you don't lose that much offensive power as well. 

Also wear Voidward because the raw self damage of Berserkers reaches high numbers at higher levels due to Power Level scaling.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Maybe try Berserker/Paladin with Exhalted Endurance and Greater Lay on Hands. The first one doesn't run out and the second provides a powerful heal with a not so short phase of Robust (10 health per tick base).

On the defensive side it's equally good and (Eternal) FoD is a nice thing as well - so you don't lose that much offensive power as well.

Also wear Voidward because the raw self damage of Berserkers reaches high numbers at higher levels due to Power Level scaling.

Dual wield and use kind wayfarer for another source of self healing.

Exalted endurance and kind wayfarer heal your enemies if confused. Modwyr or devil of caroc, are both good options here and at least one is vital if you mix zerker with pally.

I think there is a sabre that heals on crit that would be nice with this. Fleshmender armor gives you another self heal and a weapon or item alot. In 2.0 ring of regeneration and trollhide now stack. More self healing that should be easy to get.

If you hate RPing a good guy, you have other interesting options.

A Howler (zerker skald) can run ancient memory for self healing and let's you pick up a summon for help on harder encounters.

Much appreciated!

I was gonna come in here and say devoted but I see u already tried it. If u felt that the fighter were lacking heals I'm afraid there's no other class that can generate even close to the same self healing.

Perhaps I wasnt high enough level yet? I reached powerlevel 5 back then, used to run zerker/devoted with bloody links / modwyr / gryffins blade.

Perhaps I should try regular barbarian to avoid the raw damage alltogether?

zerker/pala sounds good too.

Do you know if the ring reduces it for sure? Because it doesn't show up on the tooltip, which lead to me disregarding it when testing a zerker.

Exalted endurance and kind wayfarer heal your enemies if confused. Modwyr or devil of caroc, are both good options here and at least one is vital if you mix zerker with pally.

I think there is a sabre that heals on crit that would be nice with this. Fleshmender armor gives you another self heal and a weapon or item alot. In 2.0 ring of regeneration and trollhide now stack. More self healing that should be easy to get.

Paladins also get a passive for Int affliction resistance, which is another option if he's not already ability starved.

If you go crit build then that sabre is very good, though you need to deal with the Magma Dragon to get it. DoC BP also has a heal on crit enchant. You can use Abraham for heal on kill as well.

Edited by thundercleese

Do you know if the ring reduces it for sure? Because it doesn't show up on the tooltip, which lead to me disregarding it when testing a zerker.

Paladins also get a passive for Int affliction resistance, which is another option if he's not already ability starved.

If you go crit build then that sabre is very good, though you need to deal with the Magma Dragon to get it. DoC BP also has a heal on crit enchant. You can use Abraham for heal on kill as well.

Is the heal amount fixed or percentage? I feel i could do a crit-based character zerker/rogue with WotEP cone aoe afflictions (right?) combined with sanguine greatsword? Are there any heal-on-crit options in early game?

Is the heal amount fixed or percentage? I feel i could do a crit-based character zerker/rogue with WotEP cone aoe afflictions (right?) combined with sanguine greatsword? Are there any heal-on-crit options in early game?

Both fixed, though I'd presume both also scale with might like all other heals. DoC BP can be bought/stolen as soon as you enter Neketaka, with a valid save state ofc. I believe the upgrade is fairly cheap too. No others that I can think of off hand. Abraham (heal on kill) can be found on the balcony of the Valian Luminous Adra mill in Queens Berth.

Summarizing so far:

MC with Fighter/devoted

some healing, perhaps still viable if going regular barbarian or when using more health recovery items.

MC with Paladin/kindly wayfarers

More healing, sounds viable. Slightly more defenses and slightly less damage than fighter/devoted.

MC with Druid/Lifegiver

Might be viable lategame, early-mid game the heals are not enough and/or dont stack with zerker buffs.

MC with Priest

No idea.

Other ways to get sufficient healing:

- Abraham pet

- on-crit healing weapons

- regen rings/belt/armor

- Wear voidward to lessen raw damage taken

Edited by Flucas

White Flames (Kind Wayfarer) scales with PL (adds base healing - multiplicative) and MIG. 

I didn't test Voidward on Berserker but on Paladin with Sacred Immolation - there it works. So I assume it also works for Berserker's Frenzy because both self damage types work the same. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Summarizing so far:

MC with Fighter/devoted

some healing, perhaps still viable if going regular barbarian or when using more health recovery items.

More healing, sounds viable. Slightly more defenses and slightly less damage than fighter/devoted.

MC with Druid/Lifegiver

Might be viable lategame, early-mid game the heals are not enough and/or dont stack with zerker buffs.

MC with Priest

No idea.

- Abraham pet

- regen rings/belt/armor

In my experience with PotD solo runs, multiclassing with Paladin is almost always the right answer. : P

Edited by whimper
  • Like 1

Berserker/Fighter with Refreshing defense + Unbending is tough as nails. Didn't even take unbending on my current Brute, and he still was knocked out only 2-3 times across the whole game (with all sidequests/bounties).

Also, wouldn't a Howler with Troubadour (-> linger) give decent self-healing?

Edited by M4xw0lf

Berserker/Fighter with Refreshing defense + Unbending is tough as nails. Didn't even take unbending on my current Brute, and he still was knocked out only 2-3 times across the whole game (with all sidequests/bounties).

Skald can still run ancient memory, where most of your healing comes from anyway, but also generates phrases from melee crits. Zerker should help nicely with that. Troub using brisk is still probably going to get faster phrases, but I really feel skald and barbarian are made for each other.

You can check my https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103905-build-harbinger-of-doom-dark-shaman-solopotdroleplay build. I made it for Deadly Deadfire mod but you can play on normal PotD without Storm of Holy Fire spell (this change will made this build 100% melee)

This build has 10PL in near death state (same as pure Barbarian) and has maxed carnage DM you can found carnage formula in https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103685-mechanics-barbarian-carnage-testing. With fists carnage can hit with 30DM and for more than 3 enemies this build overcome even street-fighter x/ build in DPS

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Skald can still run ancient memory, where most of your healing comes from anyway, but also generates phrases from melee crits. Zerker should help nicely with that. Troub using brisk is still probably going to get faster phrases, but I really feel skald and barbarian are made for each other.

They are, although unfortunately Troubadour/Berserker is still usually the stronger of the two. It's unfortunate since, as you say, the synergy is obvious and interesting.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Summarizing so far:

MC with Fighter/devoted

MC with Druid/Lifegiver

MC with Priest

No idea.

- Abraham pet

- regen rings/belt/armor

Sorry, just to clarify; Abraham is not a sufficient source of healing on his own, it's something like 10 health per kill. This should scale off might, possibly PL too though I'm not sure. You just want to use him in addition to other sources of healing.

Fighter has the best healing ability in unbending, though before then you only have constant/rapid recovery which aren't amazing.

Priest has some good buffs along with strong healing; Triumph of the Crusaders will pretty much return you to full life after each kill. Problem is the cast/recovery time.

Paladin is probably the best middle ground choice; good healing from level 1, strong passive defense buffs, strong cheap full attack from level 1.

Edited by thundercleese