Hey all, 

So, I finished my Huana playthrough (Decided to go with the "Help the natives" route first, just to get it out of the way) and now I'm trying to decide between VTC or Principi for my next playthrough, where I intend to roleplay a lot more heavily. Unfortunately, this is proving to be somewhat difficult of a decision to make, as both sides appeal to me for different reasons, but at the same time they share some similar philosophies, just expressed in different ways. So, only having scratched the surface of each in other playthroughs, I was hoping for some insight into - as spoiler free as possible - impressions of the two as a whole. Don't go too much into the different leaders of each Faction (Aeldys/Furrante, Castol/The other one) because I'd like to get to know them and their different philosophies once I make my decision. 

Basically, overall... Which of the two do you think

- Has the more interesting quests

- Has more interesting NPCs/locations 

unlike other two faction

Principi and vtc offer two different style of ending

alvari are obvious evil ceo have no real personality

costal are refreshingly lack of generic “authority of charismatic leader”

furrante have exile noble kind of entitled messiah complex

aeldys are generic charismatic leader of outlaw but have some good writing

• Like 1

Both factions are trying to keep their wallets fat. Both factions sometimes do good things when it doesn’t interfere too much with the former. Both factions have a “really bad” leader and a “good but flawed” leader to pick between.

So it comes down to how much you like “Yo Ho!” vs “Gellarde!” dialog.

You can do most, if not all their quests on the same playthrough. I don't know how many of the faction quests you've covered on the Huana route, but quite a few of them actually intertwine, so you'll have to deal with both factions anyway. Same goes for locations.

As for NPC, Principi have their two leaders, Benweth, Mad Morena, and Dereo, all of whom are more or less interesting (except maybe Morena). VTC have Castol, Alvari, Flaune Elette aka the chief animancer, and a bunch of dukes and princes from the Republics whose names I don't even remember since they only appear in one single scene. So I guess Principi win in terms of numbers. But again, you can get to deal with both sides' characters regardless of who you support. 

Edited by Yria

You can do most, if not all their quests on the same playthrough. I don't know how many of the faction quests you've covered on the Huana route, but quite a few of them actually intertwine, so you'll have to deal with both factions anyway. Same goes for locations.

As for NPC, Principi have their two leaders, Benweth, Mad Morena, and Dereo, all of whom are more or less interesting (except maybe Morena). VTC have Castol, Alvari, Flaune Elette aka the chief animancer, and a bunch of dukes and princes from the Republics whose names I don't even remember since they only appear in one single scene. So I guess Principi win in terms of numbers. But again, you can get to deal with both sides' characters regardless of who you support. 

I might actually not kill Benweth this time, since I don't need Miscreant's Leathers for this build anyway. 

I might actually not kill Benweth this time, since I don't need Miscreant's Leathers for this build anyway.

Kill him on principal then.

• Like 2

Does he do anything else if you spare him, or is he just never mentioned again? 

• Like 1

He betrays Aeldys for Futrante. Not that I blame him, I'm not particularly fond of Aeldys' style. I generally kill him because he attacked you, thought you weren't a threat, and looks like a ****.

He betrays Aeldys for Futrante. Not that I blame him, I'm not particularly fond of Aeldys' style. I generally kill him because he attacked you, thought you weren't a threat, and looks like a ****.

Man that guy's a ****.  Aeldys gets so upset when you kill him just because he's a brother-in-arms, so to speak, and he repays that loyalty pretty much exactly how you'd expect.

There are cool pirate bros and there are complete c**ts like Benweth. Murdering him his merciful to the rest of the planet.

doesn't kill benweth save a lot time in honor among thieves

Man that guy's a ****.  Aeldys gets so upset when you kill him just because he's a brother-in-arms, so to speak, and he repays that loyalty pretty much exactly how you'd expect.

the saddest part are in aeldys memory if she been captured by benweth then killed

• Like 1

You might want to consider sparing Benweth if you are planning to support Furrante, Benweth capturing Aeldys does save a lot of time in the end of their questline. 

I actually haven't made a decision regarding that yet. I was hoping to kind of learn about Aeldys and Furrante through questing in the game and make a decision from there. 

• Like 2

I'll put this in spoiler tags since it concerns stuff near end game so might as well:

Can you side with the Principi and choose Pim as leader?

I went for the ghost ship and then instead of giving the ship to Aeldys I tried to make her attack me, but sadly no dialogue option so if you reach that point you can't do anything anymore. I even tried killing her (attacked her out of dialogue) but that does nothing, the Principi simply dissapear completely from ending slides.

So I'm curious if you can turn against both Furrante and Aeldys earlier on and then finish the faction quests with Pim.

Thanks!