Modding Patch Notes for 2.0.0.0029

This is a list of changes from 1.2.0.0017 to 2.0.0.0029 that specifically affect modding the game. Thanks for your feedback and suggestions - we'll continue to implement more of these in the future. The patch notes for other changes to the game can be found here.

Modding Patch Notes for 2.0.0.0029

• Mods can now add new spell/ability and small item icons. See this tutorial.

• Mods can now add new languages to the game in mod folders (rather than just in the exported folder) by including "/localized//language.xml".

• Added IncompatibleWith property to CharacterSubClassComponent to mark a subclass as incompatible with particular subclasses from other classes.

• Added EquipConditionals property to EquippableComponent to prevent characters from equipping an item based on script conditionals.

• The game will not load any mods when playing in the Magran's Fires mode.

• ShowMods console command will show both the display name and folder name of the mod.

• Fixed the mod manager UI not correctly falling back to the default language when a manifest did not specify text for the current language.

• Added some information about GameObject InstanceID GUIDs to the documentation.
  • The FindObject console command will also show the GUIDs of found objects.
  • Like 6

Thanks for the update! Seems like we can finally make our own custom classes now with our own icons!

I have a suggestion for Magran's Fires mode. If it isn't too much dev effort, is it possible to only disable overriding specific game data objects instead of disabling all mods? I'm thinking some players want to play with their UI/appearance mods. (Or like me, with my custom AI conditionals mod.) This would still prevent cheating by overriding the stats of spells/items/etc but won't force players to part with their favorite mods.

• Like 1

Many thnks for small icons addition :biggrin:
could we kindly know their expected size?

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

I have a suggestion for Magran's Fires mode. If it isn't too much dev effort, is it possible to only disable overriding specific game data objects instead of disabling all mods? I'm thinking some players want to play with their UI/appearance mods. (Or like me, with my custom AI conditionals mod.) This would still prevent cheating by overriding the stats of spells/items/etc but won't force players to part with their favorite mods.

Yeah, that's a good idea, I'd like to do it if we get a chance.

Small icons are 42x42.

• Like 2

Yeah, that's a good idea, I'd like to do it if we get a chance.

Small icons are 42x42.

Bmac, I investigated icon atlas pre 2.0b, and there are 2 groups, 48x48 and 42x42. Majority are 48. Theres example (look at bottom right ): https://slack-files.com/TBGCN982V-FBY9WJHM0-27eb7bdb6a

My notes: link

Edited by tonpix

Soz @Bmac

We don't mean to be insentitive We'd simply adore having this info before a release

Some of this is relayed to us pre-release, for this we are very greatful and we make good use of it

Where are the icon maps is the big Q ATM

For example see my missing strings post

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Issue with https://eternity.obsidian.net/game-data-formats/instanceids

Can't copy + paste the result of PrintInstance oei_hovered

• Like 1

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

good point

OK - got myself a friends MOD to mod as a starting point

The hover is fbd955dd-9edb-46d6-b4a9-8544615afbb4
The exported char is 6f21252c-1f84-4c1b-aba8-5bb9b90523b0

This is Nemnok - he's a fave of ours (spoilers if why)

Am I correct in thinking I can summon the hover but not the exported?

My goal here is to create Fight Club (like the film) for POE2

This is a great levelling mechanic

Think I'll rename some useless NPC Tyler Durden :)

Where are the icon maps is the big Q ATM

Unless I've misunderstood you, you can find the paths the icon atlases need to be at in the tutorial.

Is it possible to list all of GUID separated by its type (Items, ItemMod, StatusEffect, Abilities, etc)?

I just think it could make modding definitely easier.

That might be possible. I'll note it.

Good idea, we might be able to do something about that.

OK - got myself a friends MOD to mod as a starting point

The hover is fbd955dd-9edb-46d6-b4a9-8544615afbb4

The exported char is 6f21252c-1f84-4c1b-aba8-5bb9b90523b0

This is Nemnok - he's a fave of ours (spoilers if why)

Am I correct in thinking I can summon the hover but not the exported?

That's correct.  The Instance ID ("hover") represents the prefab/GameObject for the character, which is in Unity data and is the actual object that's instantiated.  The Game Data ID ("exported") represents the CharacterStatsGameData for that character - an object containing its starting stats, not the character itself.

• Like 2

That's correct.  The Instance ID ("hover") represents the prefab/GameObject for the character, which is in Unity data and is the actual object that's instantiated.  The Game Data ID ("exported") represents the CharacterStatsGameData for that character - an object containing its starting stats, not the character itself.

Thnks to point that out, but i'm wonder how set the right name of a prefab summoned , cuz usually if you call the prefab it has the name assigned via prefab and don't recognize custom setting via gamedatabundle. Currently only way that i found is change the default name of the prefab on stringtable , really not comfortable for users.

This thread explain it better (with a different point of view but it's the same istance)

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/104504-request-expose-rangers-animal-companion-name-and-icon/

Edited by kilay

And about Peardox question about atlases i can answer for him (cuz he have some issue with internet atm).
We are looking for the modals icons, the abilities icons and so on (the ones missing from the texture2d). So the question is : 'Where is this atlas ?'

Edited by kilay

And about Peardox question about atlases i can answer for him (cuz he have some issue with internet atm).

We are looking for the modals icons, the abilities icons and so on (the ones missing from the texture2d). So the question is : 'Where is this atlas ?'

Are you asking where the override atlas should be?  Same spot as the items one but it should be entitled SpellAbilityIcons.png as per the thread BMac linked to. 

Are you asking where the override atlas should be?  Same spot as the items one but it should be entitled SpellAbilityIcons.png as per the thread BMac linked to. 

No, we're looking for the vanilla/exported atlases to make tweaks to the modal icons. Unfortunately, the blue modal icons for weapon proficiencies do not have large version png's to base our own atlases upon.

Besides just having these icons as a resource, I specifically want to rotate and flip the blue modal icons to match the orientations of their parent weapons (eg, the blade of the Great Sword disappears into the upper left corner for the item, but the blue modal for Savage Attack disappears in the lower right corner)

8XmwWxY.png

BN0bkSv.png

Edited by Armakoir

Fair enough.  Having the original to tweak makes it easier than messing with a screenshot where you lose some quality.  If it isn't named the same within the unity files then a heads up would be nice.  I certainly wouln't want to be inspecting everything one by one.  I'm assuming someone has already searched within the asset files by expected name?

I'm assuming someone has already searched within the asset files by expected name?

Yes, i've already tried.

Btw i have a request if it is possible:

@BMac could you add Race and Gender to  IncompatibleWith? Or maybe is this already doable?

I have unlocked the hidden classes and will be more rpg-wise have Sisters of the Reaping Moon limitated just to female gender; i've tried with some conditionals in progression table but i was not able to succeed (i might have missed something). Even add new subclasses unique of some races/gender will be more rpg-wise (like an Amazon)

Thnks

Edited by kilay

• 3 weeks later...

This one needs renaming as we're on 2.0.1

There are extensive patch notes (can't remember where they are) but the 2.0.1 patch does a lot more than the highlights for the players

Some of those are obviously important to us lot

I've done an exhaustive search for "2.0.1.0044"

IF the patch notes are anywhere on my system they've been compressed (or I'd find them)

Can I request that the FULL patch list gets exposed in Docs?

@BMac

Can we at least have access to the full patch list?

Some things you consider to be minor may be major to our team.

You should remember that our gang (poe.peardox.com) have a wide range of skills to draw upon and all are keen devs.

I guess this will become a mute point in a week or so when 2.1.0 hits but in point releases

For example - our group fixes things like missing strings

Not done the languages for BOW yet - there's only English anyway (we do most EU languages + ru + zh)

So...

It is useful to have too much info rather than not enough (can't even cut+paste it)