Can i go multiclass with my main character, other than on creation?

thanks i think i found it here:  https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Console_command

it should be this:

OpenCharacterCreation

Allows recreation of the Player character. Note that all worn items and player inventory will be lost.

I just don't understand if my character will keep the same experience and i will be able to level it to level 7 again..

There's also this one, but it might be more complicated:  

setclasslevel

Allows you to set the level of class for a character. Also allows for enabling a class on a character. Setting true or false at the end of the command determines if it replaces all other classes or not. [Name] [Class] [Level] [True/False]

With this i think i should first downlevel my main class, and then add a level for the second class, but i am not sure what will happen with the abilities i took, after i remove one or two levels. Will the game remove my last selected abiliites or what ?

Thanks again

Edited by savior99

OpenCharacterCreation opens the UI with a new char and deletes your current MC. Not recommended. ;)

SetClasslevel and then setSubClass works. The last parameter of setClassLevel needs to be "false" in order to add a class to an existing one - else the new class replaces the old one(s) and you are single class again. You will not get any abilites and your XP will stay the same. So make sure you set the level correctly (not too low and not too high). If you set it too low you will get a new level-up-symbol and will be forced to put skill points although you didn't loose any. You will have to add all abilites that you would have taken on level up to that level manually via console. It's not hard but you have to know what you are doing.

An easier way would be to use setClassLevel to add a second class:

setClassLevel Player_<name> Barbarian 7 false
eventuall add a subclass:

setSubClass Player_<name> Barbarian Barbarian_Berserker

Then add the level-0-auto-abilites you get with that (sub)class via console and then go to a tavern and retrain. That would spare you a lot of typing. ;)

You'd have to add the lelv-0 stuff manually because I believe retraining doesn't touch those automatically gained things that usualy get added during char creation.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I would strongly advise just using this.

Exactly. The built-in console will disable achievements and has a bit of a learning curve. This one has an actual GUI and will allow you to make the same changes without the penalty.

The only thing to keep in mind is that you probably want to uninstall it (takes 5-10 seconds, as it un/installs via injector) before patching the game, or your .exe can get messed up.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.