Hey all - i'd like to make Xoti my primary killer/disrupter on my current POTD soon-to-be Beast of Winter run. Is anyone finding success with keeping Xoti as a single class monk? would love some tips!  I'm curious if you're keeping her with the sickle/buckler or switching to everyone's favorite ...FISTICUFFS. (or something else) 

thanks for any advice you can offer! 

• Like 1

I was using her with Fist/Tuotilo's Palm and that worked pretty well. Wahaī Pōraga in second slot for the times she gets surrounded. Wahaī Pōraga with Force of Anguish or Skyward Kick is fun. Stunning Surge as well. For the single target enemies Fist and Tuotilo's were good as well.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Her subclass would be pretty nice for solo. Too bad you can't solo with Xoti. ;)

In a party she has to be the no.1 damage dealer to make her subclass worthwhile. But as you said: doesn't matter much since she's still a monk. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I like to multiclass her even if I play as a melee dps. I only take the best buffs from Priest side and set the AI in a way that she just casts them on herself. Heals herself when very low health. After Devotions and Minor Avatar, nothing stands in her way.

I'm just now playing through a game with Xoti as a monk for the first time but I've done a lot of watcher monk (pure, 2 sage, votary, ranged wanderer, melee wanderer, shadowdancer, brawler, transcendent). The general monk damage progression is that they're strong early autoattackers because blunt is good in Maje and other weapons are terrible. From there, pure monks and the variants that don't have a full attack on the multiclass take a dive in effectiveness until the Stunning Surge loop comes online. Heartbeat Drumming is the next damage boost and from there pure monks get more powerful with Resonance and Whispers and the surge loop gets an assist from Razor's Edge. For me, Stunning Surge is the main engine of monk damage. A crit not only refund not gives two mortification to SS again but also gives two wounds per crit so looping reliably is a great wound generator.

Tuotilo's Precision Striker is a key upgrade. The bigger challenge is gloves. Gauntlets of Accuracy are desirable but I find the extra resources from Mortification Bindings to be more valuable until level 16 or so. I tend to Enduring Dance once I've seen the AI lock onto Eder for the first round of attacks but I generally prefer the Priest's Devotions of the Faithful since it's reliable and saves mortification (they suppress each other). Getting the Flanked bonus also helps a lot, either from persistent distraction or chill fog. If you're on an odd power level (hover the mortification number on the ability bar), getting another power level (Stone of Power, Litany of Spirit, Hot Razor Skewers) will put you into the next level of Transcendent suffering for another 4 accuracy (and 15% damage, 1 pen). If you don't mind messing with potions and min/maxing then Potion of Ascension on even power levels can do the same but it doesn't stack with the +1 PL stuff so it's one or the other.

For Xoti, the nice thing is that SS isn't affected by her subclass but I'm having more trouble getting the loop going on Xoti since she doesn't have the stacked perception my watchers do and usually is the priest doing the buffing. I'm currently at level 11 with her and have been getting around 5-6 Stunning Surges in a fight so she's getting crits, just not reliably. She'll get respecced at 13 for Swift Flurry + Heartbeat Drumming and that should help and this playthrough is a pure Cipher watcher so feeding her mortification with Ancestor's will also happen at 13. I'm hoping that will be enough to get her to loop indefinitely so she can keep up in damage with Eder and Maia. Further out, I expect her subclass will be really strong with Whispers.

My monk AI script is second wind if under 50% hp, swift strikes if not active, thunderous blows over 7 wounds and not active, put a 5-10s timeout on both buffs so Arcane Dampener doesn't instantly blow out your resources, Raised Torment if under 5 mortification and 9+ wounds, full attack ability from the multiclass if >2-3 resource to leave 1-2 resources for utility, always stunning surge, and finally Skyward Kick / Raised Torment if over 7 wounds.

• Like 1

very useful

much better subclass than the priest one

Hey man, Blessed Harvest is almost worth all of your patron spells being awful!

I mean it isn't, to be clear.

But almost!

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

very useful

But almost!

if it was level 2 spell maybe

but level 1 means it have to fight the most basic support spell

very useful

But almost!

It's amazing to use if a damaged mob peels away from the front line to come after you, usually instant kill. Over 200 damage from a level 1 spell? Yes please!

• Like 1