[1.2.2] Searching gravesites strips you of buffs

deogo

Question

Searching gravesites (or equal objects on world map) strips you of buffs. I've got rest bonus, prostitute bonus, even bathed in lumunois adra, spend a lot of money. Then left city and searched some burial hill - and all buffs were removed. Why the hell? It says they should stay until rest, means until rest, not until some random unpredictable event or anything.

Edited by deogo

4 answers to this question

Hi deogo,

I've added your issue to our database for our developers to investigate. In the meantime, could you please provide us with a save file with your party having buffs, but before interacting with a Burial Site? Also could you send us your output log file after your buffs have been stripped after this issue occurs?

Output log: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data
Save File: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

Thanks!

it probably wasn't burial site, but some event

one thing i found - if you ask Marihi (at Perihi's Overlook) to make a weapon for you - you got stripped of any buffs, that sucks..

Edited by deogo

This is a funny issue well known in the "no rest" community. Having Marihi craft you weapons is what we call "forced rests"; the game will always clear your buffs here and you should get these events overwith before you pile on the precious stuff, or avoid them altogether.

Searching burial sites, old battlefields or shipwrecks (anything in the you spent x hours searching category) will also clear your buffs, but if you save and load before doing it, that doesn't happen. So it's pretty hard to provide a save for it. I don't think we know what makes it so. The reload makes the issue go away, but it doesn't stay away as the ritual has to be repeated for the next loot node you encounter.

I will do some simple testing when I get the chance but I'm not currently playing the game. What I had in mind was:

1) Get any kind of buff that goes away upon rest, it could be from a very simple food item like an egg

2) Find two loot nodes that you can scavenge back to back

3) Save and reload

4) Search the first node, confirm that your buffs are still on (they should be)

5) Search the second node without a save-reload between, confirm that your buffs are still on (don't know if they will be)

6) If your buffs were still on after 5, try to repeat the whole test from step 1 but get in a fight between 4 and 5

Edit: Test conducted, combat isn't to blame.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!