Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC leaks?

Well now my curiosity is piqued but I can't try it yet. Care to elaborate for those of us who can't try for ourselves?

OpenArenaSelection and OpenArenaResult are game scripts been kicking around in the game maybe even since the public beta.

The first one presumably is for forming up your combat party, while the second just pops open a plain post-game loot window.

I don't recall how long the commands have actually been doing anything, but the derpy placeholder graphics for OpenArenaSelection may be relatively newish.

pDsVCA8.png

Seeker, Slayer, Survivor.  Get it? :p  You'll see the three-creature motif in a bunch of places in the second DLC.

• Like 8

I'm also seeing three hidden achievements, but I can't remember how many I had before. I think only the main plot achievements are spoilered, right?

The three hidden achievements are related to the DLC. I had all but 4. Now there are 5 more.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Well now my curiosity is piqued but I can't try it yet. Care to elaborate for those of us who can't try for ourselves?

OpenArenaSelection and OpenArenaResult are game scripts been kicking around in the game maybe even since the public beta.

The first one presumably is for forming up your combat party, while the second just pops open a plain post-game loot window.

I don't recall how long the commands have actually been doing anything, but the derpy placeholder graphics for OpenArenaSelection may be relatively newish.

pDsVCA8.png

Seeker, Slayer, Survivor.  Get it? :p  You'll see the three-creature motif in a bunch of places in the second DLC.

I gotta say.... likin' the derp.

• Like 6

"Filename": "/conversations/lax01_00_arena_island/lax01_00_si_dinocroc_seaencounter.conversationbundle"

post-1981-0-12232500-1533090970_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

If you’ve played the White March, that name might ring a bell ;) Now I’m Intrigued. Would be good if that meant a certain soulbound armor also made a comeback along with her namesake owner.

• Like 8

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Having Ydwin's conversation bundles in Seeker, Slayer, Survivor doesn't make sense. It would be more appropriate if they had converted her into a full companion in Beast of Winter since that dlc is clearly dedicated to her, but why would Obsidian choose convert her into a full companion in a dlc after BoW?

I’m also on Team Rekke, and honestly I’m slightly irked by the fact that most people want Ydwin because waifu. Rekke is from a mysterious monotheistic place nobody’s heard about, which in my book is as interesting and fascinating as it gets. Oh well.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Like it was mentioned earlier, maybe Obsidian decided to upgrade her periodically, due to time constraints. Didn't Zahua and Devil get the same treatment in the White March DLC - with only having content in White March areas that was later expanded over to the main game? Maybe it can be done with other sidekicks as well.

And as much I would love to see her become a proper companion - there is a possibility that those files can mean absolutely nothing and might simply be cut content files that someone forgot to remove - it happens all the time.

I haven't played BoW yet - I'm not in a hurry and I intend to wait for all the DLC's to drop - but technically speaking, she did get "expanded" there, so that may be the end of that. From what I hear, it's not exactly what fans had in mind, but it's the thought that counts.

Having said that, being a very big fan of "quality over quantity" approach, and would gladly take one, properly developed companion over God knows how many sidekicks. I think we're approaching 7 sidekicks right now, provided that SSS leaks are true and I don't think we've seen the end of it. But I guess I understand the realities.

BTW: Have you noticed the weird "reverse" numbering of DLCs? SSS files exist under lax_01_00_arena_island, while BoW ones under lax_02_00_iceberg_dungeon. And BoW came out first. Nothing substantial, I'm just curious what's up with that.

Edited by aksrasjel
  • Like 3

I’m also on Team Rekke, and honestly I’m slightly irked by the fact that most people want Ydwin because waifu. Rekke is from a mysterious monotheistic place nobody’s heard about, which in my book is as interesting and fascinating as it gets. Oh well.

Real talk: I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the waifu thing is more of a running joke. Back during the Fig campaign, when they were adding companions with stretch goals, Ydwin was the first one whose design and basic concept actually made me stop and say, "oh wow, that's cool." I want her as a full companion because I haven't changed my mind - but it's also amusing to me, personally, to cast it in the context of a perverse interest in vampires wearing glasses.

besides we all know rekke fans just want that husbando

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 5

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Real talk: I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the waifu thing is more of a running joke. Back during the Fig campaign, when they were adding companions with stretch goals, Ydwin was the first one whose design and basic concept actually made me stop and say, "oh wow, that's cool."

My sentiments exactly. Other companions looked so... generic, and she just "clicked" with me as a character concept.

And then, somewhere along the line Ydwin was crowned anime yandere waifubait beacuse white-haired elf with glasses or something, and it just stuck.

Edited by aksrasjel
  • Like 3

BTW: Have you noticed the weird "reverse" numbering of DLCs? SSS files exist under lax_01_00_arena_island, while BoW ones under lax_02_00_iceberg_dungeon. And BoW came out first. Nothing substantial, I'm just curious what's up with that.

Heh.  Yeah.  I tried asking about that during the last dev stream, and I think I got entirely ignored.  :p

I guess it bodes well for the DLCs that when release order was announced in April, LAX01 and LAX02 were far enough along in the development pipeline that adjusting the naming conventions would have been a colossal problem.

As far as Ydwin becoming a companion...  Obsidian has been very cagy about whether-or-not she'd be upgraded in the future.  It is entirely possible that some files are leftovers, but as the patches roll out, we keep finding additional clues that imply a potential promotion in a coming DLC.  Compared to the other companions, she's left far greater echoes of future changes.  

The decision for her not to be a companion happened at the end of the fundraising campaign over a year ago.  I'm not sure how likely it is that we're finding new "leftovers" from Feb 2017.  If there were a pool, I'd strongly consider betting on her being a full companion in the next expansion.

• Like 4