☆ The Dream Thread ☆

Katphood

Okay, I have a lot of dream issues in the past.  Not nearly as much any more.  I used to have a recurring nightmare, but I'll spare the details and they'd sound fantastic at any rate.  Instead, I'll share a weird one off dream I had... four or five years ago?

I'm on a plane.  It's a weird sort of plane, maybe kind of spaceshippy, but my dream self thinks of it as a normal sort of 747 or whatever is international standard these days (last time I flew overseas was some time ago).   The window slides are all down, but the plane is lit well enough.  The people are all laughing and carrying on.  The seatbelt signs are out and it seems as if there's no issue mingling in the aisle.  I get the impression that something is amiss, but I can't put my finger on it.  One of the stewardesses comes by passing out refreshment and I catch her eye.  She's definitely out of sorts.  There's clearly something wrong.  Her forced smile ends where her eyes begin.

I surreptitiously follow her and, when she enters the male chicken pit (f'n spellcheck bastards!), I manage to slip in after her due to her distressed state.  The [insert alleged profanity here]pit is definitely more like a spaceship.  There's a round sort of command console in the middle.  There's more standard looking equipment where the captain and co-pilot would sit.  Everyone looks scared.  The windows are not covered here.  I realize what bothered me from the cabin.  Where the outside light strikes people, their faces are streaked with blood.  Everything is covered with blood.

I had this nightmare and woke up at that point, whereupon the real life power went out, which then did something that vary rarely happens even in emergencies... I got really freaked out.

The woodwork beckons.