Is there a way to keep Teheku until the very end even if I choose to not help Huana?

I want to side with VTC and romance him this time but worried if Teheku will leave me again for choosing another faction. It's obvious he wouldn't support his queen's assassination but what about VTC? 

I didn't go that route so I don't know, but I think I've read somewhere that you can convince him to stay.

Also the VTC mostly screw the RDC in their one quest so I think he'd be less likely to leave on that one.

We should make a little graph or walkthrough of who stays or leaves based on the finals choices, and who attacks at Ukaizo if that's trackable. Would help a lot of people I think.

yes a chart shows how the final rival are calculated will be very useful

• Like 1

He didn't seem particularly fussed who I sided with in my playthrough. I think the developers purposefully made him this way since his quest requires you to take him to Ukaizo.

It's probably only Maia and Pallegina who take issue. 

Bit I tried my best to keep him when sided with Rautai and he still walked away. (((

It would be fairly easy with companions but who shows up at Ukaizo doesn't seem to be that straightforward, judging by what people reported.

It's actually very straightforward about who shows up at Ukaizo if we're talking about the 'enemy faction'; it's just hella opaque.

Most, if not all, of the faction quests have something like the following in their code:

"Data": {
						"FullName": "Void IncrementGlobalValue(String, Int32)",
						"Parameters": [
							"n_Faction_Strength_VTC",
							"1"
						],

With each faction having a different variable.

As faction quests are done, that variable will go up for the relevant faction.

The game will check which is the highest faction strength when it is time to go to Ukaizo and make that your enemy.  I haven't actually tested to see what happens if they're all at zero (i.e. if you do NO quests for ANY faction). :lol:  

Been thinking of going through the game code and collating all of the quests and increases of Faction Strength and putting into a chart for people to reference.

Might end up dong that in the next few days and throwing it into the Character Builds and Strategies forum, since it seems most appropriate there.  If someone hasn't already done it, that is. ;)

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 4

Bit I tried my best to keep him when sided with Rautai and he still walked away. (((

He has a bit of an issue with you assassinating the leader of his homeland for some reason.  Can't imagine why.  :shrugz:

---

I'm actually surprised to see report of his sticking around if you have +2 relation with him.  Might look into that as well and see just what the trigger for that is.

• Like 3

He has a bit of an issue with you assassinating the leader of his homeland for some reason.  Can't imagine why.  :shrugz:

---

I'm actually surprised to see report of his sticking around if you have +2 relation with him.  Might look into that as well and see just what the trigger for that is.

He was very polite though and it's not like my char was hiding he's patriot and serves his homeland proudly. Without asking questions. And it was logical but now I'm confused if I could change his mind but never figured out how to do it.

Edited by hermamora

Tekehu has pro-Huana and anti-Rauatai listed in his relationship circle thingy, this is basically the only place he draws the line. With VTC he's like "i see if huana couldn't convince you to join them then i can't either" and just asks if VTC would still open the Ukaizo for Huana or if they would leave once they're done learning whatever they can from it. He's hopeful, but unconvinced. With Rauatai it's basically colonization and he can't accept that. He is very polite and gentle and rarely shows anger but it hurts him to his core. I don't know how he feels about Principi, because I haven't finished that playthrough yet.

• Like 4

It would be fairly easy with companions but who shows up at Ukaizo doesn't seem to be that straightforward, judging by what people reported.

It's actually very straightforward about who shows up at Ukaizo if we're talking about the 'enemy faction'; it's just hella opaque.

Most, if not all, of the faction quests have something like the following in their code:

"1"
						],

The game will check which is the highest faction strength when it is time to go to Ukaizo and make that your enemy. I haven't actually tested to see what happens if they're all at zero (i.e. if you do NO quests for ANY faction). :lol:

Been thinking of going through the game code and collating all of the quests and increases of Faction Strength and putting into a chart for people to reference.

Might end up dong that in the next few days and throwing it into the Character Builds and Strategies forum, since it seems most appropriate there. If someone hasn't already done it, that is. ;)

That's so cool! Thank you for the info. And it'd be very cool if you made a guide /chart /etc on that.

• Like 1

Tekehu has pro-Huana and anti-Rauatai listed in his relationship circle thingy, this is basically the only place he draws the line. With VTC he's like "i see if huana couldn't convince you to join them then i can't either" and just asks if VTC would still open the Ukaizo for Huana or if they would leave once they're done learning whatever they can from it. He's hopeful, but unconvinced. With Rauatai it's basically colonization and he can't accept that. He is very polite and gentle and rarely shows anger but it hurts him to his core. I don't know how he feels about Principi, because I haven't finished that playthrough yet.

principi one are similar

tekehu ask watcher if the principi will leave the ukaizo to huana once they done pillaging it

• Like 1

It's actually very straightforward about who shows up at Ukaizo if we're talking about the 'enemy faction'; it's just hella opaque.

"1"
						],

The game will check which is the highest faction strength when it is time to go to Ukaizo and make that your enemy.  I haven't actually tested to see what happens if they're all at zero (i.e. if you do NO quests for ANY faction). :lol:  

Might end up dong that in the next few days and throwing it into the Character Builds and Strategies forum, since it seems most appropriate there.  If someone hasn't already done it, that is. ;)

that will be great

testing each quest variable are really painful

• Like 1

That's so cool! Thank you for the info. And it'd be very cool if you made a guide /chart /etc on that.

that will be great

testing each quest variable are really painful

Took a crack into looking at this and while most of it is straightforward (turn in a quest under most conditions, increase the faction strength), there are exceptions buried underneath a byzantine amount of conversation spaghetti code that makes figuring out the EXACT exceptions not as easy as I would like.  :unsure:

The VTC quests look to be especially annoying as one can still increase the faction strength for the VTC by doing, say, the slaver quest line and/or the Poko Kohara one even if the VTC isn't always getting what it wants.   And the Prinicipi don't look to be much better. 

This might be why some folks are seeing odd results for certain Ukaizo states as logic-gate trap doors may or may not be triggered depending on exactly how a quest was completed.

If it was as simple as Quest Finished/Quest Failed, that would be one thing.  Unfortunately, there are a LOT of edge cases that I'd have to work my way through and it's not something I particularly feel like doing unless I can figure out a way to make it a lot easier than it appears right now.

Still, might take another crack at it after I let the situation percolate in the back of my head. 

=====

As a side note, one thing I did find out that slightly surprised me is that completing the last bounty quest for a particular faction will in turn increase the faction strength of that faction.  Which I suppose makes sense, as I think about it.

Also did find out it is possible to lower a faction's strength due to your actions.  As an example, if you incriminate the VTC during the end of the gunpowder plot, the VTC faction strength will go down by two.

Speaking of the gunpowder plot, I was slightly surprised to see that if the RDC gunpowder stockpile explodes, their faction strength is NOT lowered.  Which makes me worried that there are hidden (to us) adjustments that might be in play.

If I knew how to make it so I could easily check the value of a variable in-game (even via the console or Unity Engine if need be), that'd go a long way to making this whole thing easier to crack.  

If anyone knows how to do that, it'd be much appreciated. :)

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 6