Unplayable bug on PS4?

Memphis12

Question

Hi guys. This game could be breaking into my top 5 games of all time. There’s only one problem. The “save bug”.

Since I completed WM1 the game has crashed every 1/3 times of saving. I’m playing on the hardest difficulty so when I beat dragons or another formidable foe, feel great, only for the game to crash. Well, it’s disheartening to say the least.

I only have the WM2 to do, I’ve literally done everything this game has to offer. I love it that much. But everytime I save now, I cringe and hold my breath. Then blue screen error and it crashes. I’ve never known a PS4 game to crash on save :/

Please tell me there’s a way to fix this or a future fix as it’s making me want to either skip the WM2 or smash my PS4.

I’m using PS4 pro if that helps.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

the PS4 version was published by Pardox - thy handle the patches so communications should be directed to them or on their boards

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/pillars-of-eternity-bug-reports.990/

My own experiences are with an unpatched PS4 version so I don't know if my problems are the same.

My issue of the save was it appearing not to save but the next time I played the save would be there.

I had a few crashes but not many (one was on a save -and the save file was there to reload).

One issue with the game's saves is that every item you find is permanently in the game's save files unless you destroy it.

So leave the loot on the monster's corps -it is stored there in the save files, stash it somewhere it is stored there, sell it to a merchant and it is stored with the merchant.

this builds up and make the save file increasingly bloated.

the solution is to destroy all loot you don't want - don't keep it, stash it, dump it or sell it -DESTROY IT!

(Using it in crafting probably counts as destroying it).

This helps the issue with the save  (or helped me anyway) but doesn't resolve it completely

I would not call it a bug.  I'm playing on the PS4, I'm nearing the end of the game and it crashes for me too but not enough to call it a game breaking bug.  I have been able to complete every quest so far (and I've done 95% of them, I'm near the end game).  This is a system issue and a verification and validation (V&V) issue. This means Paradox did not thoroughly SYSTEM test the game on the PS4 before releasing it. The game program itself is very solid. A game bug would be if you were in the middle of a quest or a battle and the game crashes then and you could never complete that quest or main quest. The crashes only occur for me during saves when going between areas, never during a quest or battle.  I always save just before travelling, it's saved me so many times.  

UPDATE 29AUG18:  JUST COMPLETED THE GAME ON THE PS4!  The credits are rolling on my screen now.  Bring on DOS2 now, I'll have to wait until Friday even though Amazon has already shipped it, weird.

Edited by Mangamina