Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pathfinder Kingmaker is bigger then Deadfire

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1106 replies to this topic

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3310 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I do the same with named items, I just hate that the game asks me if I want to loot them when I leave the map as I stash them in the chest in the throne room.

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 277 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yeah, that's annoying made moreso by the fact that there's tons of stuff in there ranging from named junk, a fluctuating assortment of artefact pieces, and then odds and ends that I don't want to dump but for which I have no known use. Hell, I'm impressed by the library. Let me put some of this stuff into a museum. Of course, I should be able to make use of any piece as needed, but in the interim, it could serve to show off the prowess of my kingdom as well as provide a source of pride and hope for my subjects.

EDIT: And I would also say that it's maddening to have the game ask if I want anything out of my stash when I go into my royal bedchambers to sleep. I know games these days have to pander to every possible sexual behavior, but there's something equally sinister, strange, and dangerous about wanting to bring my assortment of weapons and armor into bed with me.

EDIT 2: I can't kill Jaethal. I decided to back Ennio and it turns out that Jaethal is a new TNO. What the ****? This is stupid. It's game ending. I guess I could just time to leave while she's still getting hacked down by the Phrasmaites and they can stay there for eternity, but this is extremely bad game design. Might be a clever way to end a novel, but allowing the player to get into an endless combat loop is just stupid. Is there something I missed that allows me to finish her off for good, or do I have to reload. What happens if I just leave her there?

Edited by Epaminondas, 12 December 2018 - 01:38 PM.

ShadySands

ShadySands

• Members
  • 3310 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Aaaand of course the DLC is broken for me

• Epaminondas likes this

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(4) Theurgist

• Validating
  • 277 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks for the heads up, brother! I was thinking of buying it but I'm going to wait until I finish my first run. I reckon it can't be too much longer.

EDIT: Okay, some of these quests are simply not understandable. So, I finished the deal with the devil quest and following the good path (and scrupulously following it) meant slaughtering everyone in sight in the end. On the other hand, they were all evil rat bastards. As Tristan might say, may God have mercy on their souls for I shall not! Weird assed quest, though.

Edited by Epaminondas, 14 December 2018 - 10:18 AM.

ShadySands

ShadySands

• Members
  • 3310 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Yeah, I think I also complained about that quest but there have been a few where I didn't think the alignments matched up very well to the actions. I think this quest bothered me so much because it's more heavy handed in forcing down a certain path by repeatedly giving you options that don't do anything with little to no reason why those options don't work.

ShadySands

ShadySands

• Members
  • 3310 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Here is the workaround that actually let me play with the DLC

Step by step work around that works, for me it never failed so far to get the DLC working: 

STEP 1:Create a new game or load an old playthrough doesn't mater and make a new clean save, the point is to make sure tha save is the newest one. 

STEP2: exit the game and start it again 

STEP 3: DO NOT CLICK THE NEW GAMES BUTTON or the LOAD GAME BUTTON if you do, the DLC will fail to activate 

STEP 4: click the CONTINUE button and NOTHING ELSE, not even setting 

STEP5: wait for your game to load, and miracle the DLC is active, now you can go back to the main menu, you will notice your screen is much darker, and now you are allowed to click the new game button and the new race and class will be available 

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2671 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk
This thread is long in the tooth and long since became a general pathfinder topic. Time for closing. Anyone can make a new one if they wish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users