Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pathfinder Kingmaker is bigger then Deadfire

• Please log in to reply
770 replies to this topic

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1300 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

That's just auto-kingdom and the invincible mode. I'm more asking about reports I read where people would get rather suddenly destroyed or had no idea how to progress to avoid destruction.

I'd like to be able to play it without turning on the cheat mode to win.

I got my kindom destroyed, problem was just unlucky dice rolls. Latesr I was facing with problems with DC20 and advisor got bonus of +3, and as I was not save scumming problems just got worse and my advisors were unnable to succed on rolls

• Tale likes this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5308 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

^It looks like the Kingdom portion has been sorted:

Kingdom

• Auto-managed kingdom will now check that important projects are done in time to progress within the game.
  • If the kingdom is about to be destroyed, the game will offer the player to turn on the Invincible Kingdom mode.

Hehe! That's more like your emergency brakes.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3108 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I just wish Kingdom stuff took only about half as much time. Constantly losing 2 weeks sucks especially when you can't stop it to take care of other things or let it pass in the background.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10858 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer

That's just auto-kingdom and the invincible mode. I'm more asking about reports I read where people would get rather suddenly destroyed or had no idea how to progress to avoid destruction.

I'd like to be able to play it without turning on the cheat mode to win.

I got my kindom destroyed, problem was just unlucky dice rolls. Latesr I was facing with problems with DC20 and advisor got bonus of +3, and as I was not save scumming problems just got worse and my advisors were unnable to succed on rolls

Glad I got Baldur's Gate to hold me over. When the DLC for this comes out maybe I'll be back and hopefully they'll have it rebalanced. Or I'll just use invincible mode.

I'm terrified of putting 30 or 40 hours into this game to get a game over I can't fix.

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Is there any reason to keep all this 'notable' crap? Stuff like the stag lord's broken whatzits and Torag's Pendant?

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1490 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Glad I got Baldur's Gate to hold me over. When the DLC for this comes out maybe I'll be back and hopefully they'll have it rebalanced. Or I'll just use invincible mode.

I'm terrified of putting 30 or 40 hours into this game to get a game over I can't fix.

I decided to wait some time. But I really liked the little I played. :)

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3108 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Is there any reason to keep all this 'notable' crap? Stuff like the stag lord's broken whatzits and Torag's Pendant?

Dunno about all noteables but definitely hold on to most of it. There are some I haven't found uses for but others will get you some nice rewards later on
  • Epaminondas likes this

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 679 posts

There's a guy who'll take them off of you for way more than the standard merchant once you establish your barony, if you're talking about the crap that has in its description something like "an antiquities expert will pay well for it."

• Epaminondas likes this

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 876 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Came across an endless gold reward dialogue while looking for one of the Defaced Sisters. It also gives a tiny bit of repeatable experience but not nearly enough to be exploitable considering the amounts of experience one needs to level up at that point. Unless you're really, really bored or really want that level up and somehow think it's better than simply editing your savegame. :)

• ShadySands likes this

Epaminondas

Epaminondas

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I've been playing legit except for a few reloads for weird occasions. It might have been super tough at first, but I find Challenging to be just about right for my tastes. There are battles that I have tried, lost, and thought, "oops, better come back later." Still, most of the time it's a pretty fun shot. I'm building up my kingdom slowly. I didn't take the 500 building points from the one dude. I was absolutely sure he was going to go all 'Godfather' on me later on down the line. Plus, I'm a free marketer and I don't want to be forced to use any particular contracting company. Sounded Shady. I'm trying to save some lost kid right now and I will say this, the enraged owlbears are real beasts. I've been putting every hour I can spare into this game. Great fun!

Marceror

Marceror

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1371 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Bigger and buggier. Yeah!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users