Pathfinder Kingmaker is bigger then Deadfire

I hate how they just enver explain various status effects. There is feat which say it will demoralize enemies, but what the crap does it mean???

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I suspect there is a typo in the topic title. It should read "Pathfinder Kingmaker is (much, much) bugger then Deadfire :)

Sadly, that old joke is still true.

To blatand. Just change Pathfinder to Patchfinder.

Good one. Though, to be fair, you do not have to search for patches, they are coming by itself regularly. The ability to patch something without breaking old stuff - that is another matter.

I hate how they just enver explain various status effects. There is feat which say it will demoralize enemies, but what the crap does it mean???

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/intimidate/

Demoralize Opponent part of the description of the skill.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Suddenly had a mass of things appear under Projects on my Kingdom page.  Didn't realise until after I'd started several that they were actually Region Upgrades, and the moment you finished one it would lock out the option to do the others.

Would have been nice if something had actually highlighted that first...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yikes, the last part of the game was super buggy for me but I just tried to push through since I was so close to the end. Played around with different endings and those also seemed bugged most of the time. I think I'll shelf this until some DLC comes out then I can start again fresh.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

how is being bigger better? objectively. 

personally, I can't finish Deadfire, because it's so huge (hell, can't even finish Tyranny). even bigger than that? no thanks. I like my games short and focused (personal preference, of course)

and then there are the Steam reviews of kingmaker, they say the game is utterly broken and unplayable. so... your point?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It's an excellent game. Well written (with a few glaring exceptions), fun combat system, a huge amount of content. Sadly, the bugs are bad. However, the real problem for me is the utter confusion of the kingdom building aspect of the game. When I got the warnings before the abaddon event that was instant loss, I thought I had to do something in the kingdom building interface. However, when I went over to varnhold vanishing, I kept getting missed events that hit my kingdom. If they simply revamped the system to make it less painful to go exploring, then it would be a much better build. At least in my opinion.

χαίρετε

My sorceror just doesn't have that many level 9 spells to choose from and that's all I meant. 

The game itself has been one of my favorites even though it's probably the buggiest game I've ever played not called Pool of Radiance. Maybe a tie, I haven't tried uninstalling it yet.

• Like 5

"and then there are the Steam reviews of kingmaker, they say the game is utterly broken and unplayable. so... your point?"

Game is very playable. I've literally played it for over 100 hours. By definition, that is very playable.

This is bigger and better and buggier than Deadfire. L0L

A hattrick. A trifecta. A trio.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's a testament to the game that I've played it for over 150 hours now even though the loading screens are terrible and plenty (and I thought Pillars was bad) and you can expect anything, really anything to break any time you click on something.

Now if only someone would sit down and explain irregular verbs to the writing team. How did they not catch a single one during all the proofreading?

I breaked inside a little every time, really. ;)

• Like 5

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I've had a few encounters where the person speaking didn't know their own name. 

So instead of 

Majestic: "I breaked inside a little every time, really. Also, my name is Majestic"

I get

Dark Helmet's father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate: "I breaked inside a little every time, really. Also, my name is Majestic"

Edited by ShadySands

I often get invisible visitors in my kingdom. They request an audience with me, then talk to me, all the while being under an invisibility spell. I find that rather rude, but well... it must be some Stolen Lands custom considering even Octavia and Tristian do it. ;)

• Like 1

It's an excellent game. Well written (with a few glaring exceptions), fun combat system, a huge amount of content. Sadly, the bugs are bad. However, the real problem for me is the utter confusion of the kingdom building aspect of the game. When I got the warnings before the abaddon event that was instant loss, I thought I had to do something in the kingdom building interface. However, when I went over to varnhold vanishing, I kept getting missed events that hit my kingdom. If they simply revamped the system to make it less painful to go exploring, then it would be a much better build. At least in my opinion.

Since you'll be restarting - we've stated that before but it bears repeating, do yourself a favor and whenever a main quest comes up, leave everything else unattended and do it immediately unless you're 100% sure it will make you cross into a new month without you being able to go back to your kingdom in that time.

I'd estimate a good two weeks is mostly enough to deal with everything and come back fast enough, provided you don't dally. Then you can assign advisors and spend the rest of the month on more exploration, then deal with the kingdom building in the meantime. Everything else will just give you grief.

12 spells isn't a lot and there are no evocation spells 

Stombolts is killing it at level 8 so I was excited for the level 9 spells. Power word kill isn't that useful by the time you get it because most enemies have too much health and wail of the banshee hits everyone.

Note: I don't buff or summon. That's not fun for me, I nuke or die trying.

"12 spells isn't a lot and there are no evocation spells "

12 spells at top teir for one class is a good number. Most games don't tend to have that many. And, that is just one class. The lack of an evocation spell though.  That is shameful.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

12 spells isn't a lot and there are no evocation spells 

Stombolts is killing it at level 8 so I was excited for the level 9 spells. Power word kill isn't that useful by the time you get it because most enemies have too much health and wail of the banshee hits everyone.

Note: I don't buff or summon. That's not fun for me, I nuke or die trying.

It's more than what Wizard in Deadfire has, and I don't think I've ever saw anyone write that they don't have enough highest level spells.

Tsunami is actually the best offensive spell of this level. Clashing Rocks is also great, unfortunately single target only.

"and then there are the Steam reviews of kingmaker, they say the game is utterly broken and unplayable. so... your point?"

Game is very playable. I've literally played it for over 100 hours. By definition, that is very playable.

This is bigger and better and buggier than Deadfire. L0L

A hattrick. A trifecta. A trio.

I think he is asking about the title of the thread. If he likes short games and PF:K is "unplayable", then being bigger is not an advantage, according to his opinion.

sign.jpg

What does Deadfire spell selection have to do with Kingmaker spell selection? It's a completely different rule set. The last 3.5ish game I played was NWN2 and they had more spells and spells from every school to pick from. I hoped a newer game would be more comprehensive but hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

It's also not just one class it's the arcane spell list shared by all wizards and sorcs. Dunno about the magus list but they don't get high level spells anyway so it doesn't matter.

If you don't agree with my criticism then that's fine but to me 12 spells and not covering some schools is underwhelming