Pathfinder Kingmaker is bigger then Deadfire

"oops. touch of glory is not affecting cutscene diplomacy or intimidation checks"

Heh. Glad I don't have that bug.  Some ridiculous high dialogue DCs that net uber experience that Touch of Glory makes it much easier to pass.

Still sad about that ring not working though. Waste of my gold. L0LZ Espicially since those awesome shopkeepers are unreachable  after the tournament. :p

Still, I'll take this buggy yet awesome game over meh crap.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"oops. touch of glory is not affecting cutscene diplomacy or intimidation checks"

Heh. Glad I don't have that bug.  Some ridiculous high dialogue DCs that net uber experience that Touch of Glory makes it much easier to pass.

is only the cutscene charisma-based checks which is busted. normal dialogue diplomacy checks seem okie dokie.  go figure.

in any event, for our half-orc inquisitor, the bigger issue is the intimidation-related combat feats being undercut.

a half-orc with inquisitor's stern gaze, the persuasive feat, skill focus: persuasion and intimidating presence while using combat feats o' dazzling display cornugon smash, shatter defense, and dreadful carnage should be gaining big benefits from touch of glory... particularly when combined with a level or two o' thug.  the thug converts shaken to frightened if the thug beats the demoralize dc by enough.  unfortunate, thug's frighten is busted and is not applying to dazzling display, cornugon smash nor dreadful carnage, and as already stated, touch of glory doesn't apply neither.

depending on how one builds, a player might not be getting dazzling display until level five, so the reality o' touch o' glory and thug not synergizing doesn't become apparent for a considerable number o' gameplay hours.

annoyed.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Free DLC- Bloody Mess

What is sweeter than looking down upon the face of a defeated enemy? Perhaps, only the realization that you had to work hard and pay for your victory in blood!

The "Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Bloody Mess" DLC lets you bask in the gore and glory of battle, witnessing its bloody traces both on your companions and your enemies.

Here’s how it works:

Bloodstains appear on a character or creature according to the amount of Hit Points they have left. The more wounded a character, the more bloody and battered they look. First blood splatters appear when their Hit Points go down below 80%. 
Of course, not all creatures in Pathfinder: Kingmaker can have bloodstains at all. As you would expect, those who don't have blood - elemental and incorporeal creatures, for example - are not affected by this feature. Also, while humanoids and animals bleed red, this isn't so for others: for example, the undead show black stains on their clothes, and plants drip green sap.

To clean up your wounded companions, you need to restore their Hit Points by either letting your party rest or using healing abilities.

Players may control the visibility of the new feature with a special setting - "Bloodstains" - which can be found on the "Game" page of the Options menu. The setting is turned on by default.

aOxpvIh.jpg

• Like 2

Hotfix 1.0.13 – October, 25th 2018

Hello everyone!

Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests

•     "A Simple Favor" quest could not be completed under certain conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  •     "The Door to Nowhere" quest could not be completed in rare cases. Resolution: fixed. Jubilost will correctly spawn at the "Tavern" area.
  •     Players couldn't talk to Fredero Sinnet while doing the "Shelyn's Chosen" quest. Resolution: fixed.
  •     The "Amiri Wants to Talk" kingdom event could get stuck in some cases and the "Reforged Blade" quest didn't start. Resolution: fixed.

Areas

•     Lootboxes in the "River Blades' Camp" area could not be looted. Resolution: fixed.
  •     There interface to enter the Capital's sub-location was absent in some cases. The players could enter the "village-state" Capital Square instead of the available "city-state" one. Resolution: fixed.
  •     NPCs at "Pitax" area said incorrect phrases in the dialogues after Pitax conquest. Resolution: fixed.
  •     One of the key character could die during the final fight resulting in the incorrect ending (part of the dialogue options could be missing). Resolution: fixed.

User Interface

•     Party roster wasn't saved correctly when players enter and exit the Capital. Resolution: fixed.
  •     There could be duplicated and missing portraits in the saved games. Resolution: fixed.
  •     Dead companions couldn't be selected in the Inventory and Character Interface if they died in the area different than the current one. Resolution: fixed.

Classes & Mechanics

•     Alchemists who lost their bomb ability due to an issue should have it back.
  •     "Fighting Defensively" counted "Mobility" ranks with a dexterity bonus when determining whether to give a +2 or +3 bonus. Resolution: "Fighting Defensively" counts only ranks now.
  •     There could be issue with characters lost their "Weapon Proficiencies". Resolution: fixed.

System

•     There could be issues with save files if players exited the game while a save file was being written to disk. Resolution: the game will exit only after completing the save procedure.
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

System

•     There could be issues with save files if players exited the game while a save file was being written to disk. Resolution: the game will exit only after completing the save procedure.

Phew! That should help making the saves we make a bit more safe.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Finished Pitax. Got through with little to no bugginess. But, even without them, it is clear that this area was not finished. As evidenced by some of the fixes in this latest patch.

Replaying Trobold for the umpteenth time but this time I'm chaotic good instead of neutral good so I have some new options

I don't know if I'd rather vassalize either the trolls or kobolds or finish Harrim's quest. I don't mind certain choices blocking other paths but in this case it doesn't make any sense that Harrim doesn't destroy the anvil if I don't kill or banish one of the leaders. I wish they gave a reason in game but instead you just get automatically teleported outside and can't reenter. I don't like Harrim so I'll probably just pick the kobolds and not care what happens to that cry baby.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm thinking about restarting. Bugs suck, of course, but I've gone through without any real ugly bug related grief. However, the fact that I can't count on anyone taking care of my kingdom in situations where I leave for a fortnight to do something really irks me. There's no excuse that events unfold without any sort of management while I help an advisor or claim a new territory. Utter stupidity. Now, I can see that the kingdom doesn't manage as well during that time. Fair enough. That the event goes completely unanswered...? Who the hell thought of *that?*

χαίρετε

A simple thing they could so is have these  events   be done by 'free'  councilors while you are away but maybe with a -2? So, they can attempt to do them but 'struggle' (hence the -2) tod ecide on it since they have to try to balance what they want and figuring out what make their leader (you) want. Simple. But, it is preposterous that the handpicked  leaders by the abron/king would ignore obvious  attacks/challenges/oppurtunities when they can't reach their boss. Makes no sense.

I like it how I can set my companions to handle problems but then spend the entire 14 days they need to do so traversing the mountains looking for spider caves, barbarian hordes and dungeons full of undead with them in the party.

Apparently everyone else has acess to long distance communication and travel except the king. Eh, and maybe Nok-Nok since he's not allowed to handle anything. ;)

Edit: Just had a problem pop up that requires the attention of one of my advisors for 45 days. GG Owlcat, consider me trolled.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Well, I just had the game stop and let me address things in the middle of claiming another region. Last time I did that, I got royally screwed. Maybe it's in the patch. Indira posts the patch notes, which I blithely ignore. At any rate, I still have to restart the rest of the claim process, seven days left, but this is *much* better.

EDIT: nope, lied. It still went through stuff. It's just that these events stuck around long enough for me to finish.

I've often thought about what you said, majestic, but if they denied you companions because your barony would fail without advisors, this game would truly suck. They would either need more people available for advisors or more companions. As it is, while it is a bit jarring, it's certainly better than not being able to take the party you want. I think Volourn mentioned a teleport spell to move around with more alacrity. I don't think that's such a terrible idea, although I imagine the grognards would hate it. I kind of don't want it, but if they screwed over RPGing for the sake of kingdom building, I'd want teleport as a way to make it feasible to have both.

Edited by Epaminondas

χαίρετε

Why would grognards hate it? Teleport is a legit D&D spell that has basically been around for. In fact, it is one of the  standard spells along with magic missle and fireball  though of course it is much higher level. Think of it. Teleport is 5th level (7th for the better one). That means 9th level. That would mean would be far into the game before getting it. A well earned spell. And, they can have material components for it.

Still, the main issue is the whole 14 days  (or longer) to do certain things and skipping over events willy nilly. That shouldn't happen.

• Like 3

I agree. I haven't looked it up recently, but teleporting to a place you know extremely well shouldn't be a problem even for the basic teleportation spell, let alone teleport without error or whatever it's called. I think you should be able to teleport to your bedroom in which you've spent so much time without any risk at all.

• Like 1

χαίρετε

worth posting is the forward for the second title in the pnp kingmaker adventure path. the forward is entitled, No Need to Rush.

Nation building takes time. The rules presented
in “Of Kings and Cities” (starting on page 54 of
this volume) use month-long intervals to track a
kingdom’s growth, and it could well take many months or
even years for a nation to achieve a respectable size of a few
dozen hexes. This means that the Kingmaker Adventure
Path has potential to be the longest-running (in game
time, at least) Adventure Path yet!

As the GM, you should embrace this fact. While it can be
tempting to race through an Adventure Path and assume
that its events more or less play out in real time as you
play the game, Kingmaker benefits from numerous long
breaks in which the PCs take a step back from adventuring
and spend time relaxing, running their nation, crafting
magic items, and so on. Not only does this increase the
verisimilitude of the campaign (nations don’t become
sprawling kingdoms overnight, after all), but it can also
allow for game play elements that often get left behind in
campaigns that don’t pause now and then for air. With a
slower-paced game, PCs who want to craft items will have
plenty of time to do so. And watching a beloved character
grow old or establish a family can make the rewards of a
successful adventure even more poignant.

The Kingmaker Adventure Path isn’t on a timer. The
events that play out in this campaign can unfold at any pace
you wish. A good way to run the campaign is to let the PCs
take control; as they explore the Stolen Lands and develop
their kingdom and cities, the encounters and events of this
adventure should trigger naturally, at an organic pace. If you
ever feel that the PCs are lagging or stalling, it’s a simple
matter to have the next kingdom event occur or one of the
many NPCs in the area approach the PCs with a quest.
You can use any of the quests on the inside front covers to
maneuver the PCs to a specific location—and in so doing,
they’re likely to encounter even more encounters and

quests.

(edit: skipped over small spoiler)

Before you actually begin “Rivers Run Red,” consider
having the PCs run through an entire year of their new
kingdom’s development. During this time, they shouldn’t
be exploring—they should be helping their initial cities
and kingdom develop. By taking a year to do this, you
help to establish a break between this adventure and the
previous one, give the PCs some time to recuperate and
craft items if they wish, and perhaps most importantly,
give them a chance to build up the basics of a kingdom.
Of course, if the PCs are itching to get back to exploration,
you can jump in and begin a new adventure at any time.
Likewise, it’s okay if at any point during the adventure the
PCs want to stop and take several months off to focus on
their kingdom, venturing out to explore again only when
the need to find more gold for their treasury or more land
to conquer arises. Take the game at your own pace, and
have fun as you go!

(edit: what follows is advice to GMs regarding player selection o' leaders.)

James Jacobs
Editor-in-Chief
james.jacobs@paizo.com

end

kinda makes one wonder if the owlcat folks bothered to read the forward 'cause the advice, good advice, to GMs running the pnp adventure path were not embraced by the crpg developers.

HA! Good Fun!
  • Like 6

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I agree. I haven't looked it up recently, but teleporting to a place you know extremely well shouldn't be a problem even for the basic teleportation spell, let alone teleport without error or whatever it's called. I think you should be able to teleport to your bedroom in which you've spent so much time without any risk at all.

You can't teleport in the game (unless you are an enemy) because it would screw their whole time-limit template. The game is an exercise in time management more than anything else, but it's also a massive real time sponge, as a disproportionate amount of gametime is spent loading, camping (and even the camping has nonsense embedded into it such as taking 20+ hrs to hunt although you have the ingredients for 50 meals in the luggage), slowmo travelling around the map (you just got to the backend of nowhere, but your travel buddy who's right next to you sent a letter to town to tell them to send a letter to you demanding your immediate attention 6 days travel away in town, and while trying to rush there, the same buddy will constantly whine demanding "moments of respite" or whatever); artisan x visists you to tell you, they wish to speak to you, but at their house cuz lul, etc. Not to mention save scumming the Kingdom Management, which you will also have to load yourself in and out of countless times even when there's nothing else to do b/c of people wanting to talk.

Take the game at your own pace, and

have fun as you go!

Well that would have been a lot more fun. Since they added all the difficulty options, I don't see why they didn't put the timers as an optional difficulty setting, possibly even letting people fine tune them themselves for those claiming they have "too much time". OFC that would have been work, but then again they made the auto option, which they could have left out had they allowed people to take their time.

Edited by Slotharingia

nvAeseu.png

One thing they could have done is to optionally allow players to manually launch the next chapter - along with anything bound to said chapter such as Bald Hilltop, companion quests etc. The game *already* limits how far you can expand geographically, and levlling up advisors over 5 is only an option after Armag. Likewise, BP is already limited as you need to convert actual currency to BP and that's restriicted by main quest progress. In doing that, they'd have kept the main quest urgency they are so keen on, but allowed the player to reduce their personal stress level somewhat by controlling how much they want to develop their kingdom at any point insofar as it's even possible given the existing constraints. The timer and stress addicts could just play the game in its current state. IMO that would be way more palatable than wasting time fighting the system and then quitting or finishing on invincible kingdom mode with a sense of intense dissatisfaction because you basically had to cheat to be able to finish.

nvAeseu.png

I don't know if I'm just lucky or more patient, but the load screens aren't all that long for me. They are numerous, though. A lot of transition screens. The kingmaker part is fun, and I don't even mind the suspension of disbelief elements to party members and whatnot. However, I hate that kingdom management imposes on me. I completely agree with Sloth about the whole getting messages that I must go to the throne room ASAP. If things would just hold in place as Gromnir says so that I don't end up being squeezed on both the RPG/quest end *and* the kingdom building end, I would be behind the barony aspect whole-heartedly. In an RPG, the kingdom/resource management can be a nifty addition, but it shouldn't impinge on adventuring and role-playing.

χαίρετε

****ing Spiders! ...And Twisty Passages.

Anyhow, can anyone tell me if there's some reason to keep Dinosaur Bones? It says that it's a spell component, but it doesn't say which spells. If it's some sort of necromancy crap, I'm offloading them. I have no use for necromancy.

χαίρετε

Nah. You want to keep. One of the best  buffing spells uses it. I forget the exact name but it is the 2nd improved version of enlarge. Legendary   Size (or whatever) something or other.I believe it is level 7. Very powerful spell.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1