Pathfinder Kingmaker is bigger then Deadfire

Well the first favoured enemy for me would be in most of the Pathfinder scenarios Humanoid (Human). Because Humans and their breeds make up to 80-85% of all creatures walking around Golarion. :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Great. My game crashed last night with an engine error or something. The Message disappeared so fast, all I could read was the word "Unity". Now the loading screens and the character animations are lagging and flickering. I guess I'll have to reinstall it. Meh!

Does anyone have some tips on Magus, or a site where this information has been provided? Specifically:

1. How do you turn Spell Combat on and off, or tell if it's on or off (weapon and spell firing in the same round), if you want to avoid the attack roll penalty sometimes?

2. I haven't reached level 2 yet, but how do you turn Spellstrike on or off (say, if you want a melee touch attack rather than a melee weapon attack)?

3. How do you use Spell Combat and Spellstrike at the same time (or choose between them), and make sure the spells get applied to the appropriate one?

4. How does "automatic mode" work for all classes, and how does it specifically interact with the Magus's Spell Combat and Spellstrike abilities?

5. I found a button to turn AI on and off, but I can't find any spot to customize the AI settings. Is there one?

Edited by jww

"About cost of mercs - its not so bad, I managed to buy all of my companions around level 5. If you sell some magic junk you should have enough to get them"

You can get them. I'vm level and now have 5 created characetrs including my main. It is still way too expensive To me, it is just their way of trying to force the player to use their lame ass npcs much like Bard's Tale and PE does theirs but at least PE's prices are a lot more reasonable. Just a silly way to do things but oh well.

Enemy stats do seem a little more reasonable with the latest patches.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Especially compared to stealthed Wererats :D

I didn't like that encounter to be honest. It relies purely on the stealth gimmick, it is however a great demonstration as to why the game seems way too difficult at times while more experienced players have barely any issue.

The way it's set up makes it almost impossible to react to it (those rats must have some serious stealth skills) but once you know they're there and there's loads of fire damage involved it becomes a matter of prebuffing Energy Restistance and casting Glitterdust or some other AoE to reveal them. Sure they still hit hard but you're not eating 50+ damage in a single opening round of sneak attacks.

Something I noticed is that the tooltip that says the teamwork feats are powerful isn't lying. It might just be confirmation bias but giving my frontliners 3 points of perception to unlock Back to Back seems to have really paid off, especially since the game's definition of "flanking" is "two enemies beat on the same character regardless of position".

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Yes, they're not difficult.

And a tip straight from one of the loading screens that actually help against them (if you have any useful AoE spells, or any AoE prolly), you can use "control" on your keyboard to lock AOE onto targets, and then toggle with "control" to unlock and redo it, if needed.

Unless you happen to not have an arcane caster, then you're screwed.

Or you can buy alchemist fire flasks, but why do that when you can whine because the game is "too hard".

The game gives you a hint and a couple of flasks, it's your fault if you refuse to make use of them not the games.

The torches were useless. They only do 1 point of damage a swing. The flasks aren't really better. If they get in melee combat with any of your party and you don't have anyone with precise shot, you'll be missing with the flasks and, again, only doing a single point of damage a toss.

I killed one of them and nearly killed the other with a single cast of burning hands. If you can get your hands on it.

Still, since I've decided to focus my Sorc on damage dealing now I'm enjoying it a bit more. There's another encounter I see lots of people complaining about being forced to concede or lose.. I just came in, tossed out magic missiles, and watched the bad guy run with his tail between his legs. The guy was trying to cast Summon Monster II. Never got it off.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You speak of the Technic League random encounter? I could generally take out the mages pretty quickly, but I'm finding that in this game when playing on normal received damage the enemy Fighters ain't no joke, and that any hit the manage to land can take out a third of Amiri's health.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

That's the one. I did the rival parts first, so when I came to Technic league, I was level 3, maybe 4. Split up my four meleers to each individually occupy an enemy fighter. Amiri's doing okay since I'm doing what I can to improve her AC.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

does anyone knows if damage reduction from different equipment stack, also does it stack with feats? I have feelinig that barbarian is tanking much better with two hander than my paladin tank with shield :)

Also are there some transmutation spells which really benefits from higher DC on them?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Honestly, POE writing have too many purple prose. And Kingmaker is for those IE game and hardcore gamer.

There is problem with POE. Josh tried to stray away from the BG formula, Because he thought he could do it better. And also with bigger budget they'd have to target a bigger audience which in turn usually results in devs playing "safe" to cater to as many people as possible. The end result would be probably a bad game.

Edited by misterjimmy

It seems weird to me that everyone wants to pit POE and Pathfinder against each other. There is plenty of room for both to succeed, and it makes for a richer genre. Just enjoy both.

Exactly. Play one, then the other. Two different and interesting experiences. And while you play one, the other is refined and polished. :)

sign.jpg

Well, both Kingmaker and Deadfire kinda stem from the same root of "isometric BG succeessor" which makes them natural rivals. Both also display similar yet very different approach to game design (DF being more 'modern' and newbie player friendly, while PKM being much more old-school where player has to really work for success.)

As far as me personally - I think I'm having much more fun with Kingmaker. Mostly beacuse it knows what it wants to be - a simple D&D adventure and nothing beyond that. If it tried to be deep and 'Tormenty' that would've backfired. There is elegance in simplicity.

Sure, it's buggy as hell - but bugs can be ironed out. Bad design/narrative decisions will stay bad forever.

Deadfire is not a bad game, but it is a type of game "I want to like" rather than something I enjoy with a lot of - for me - bizzare gameplay and narrative design decisions that kill my enjoyment considerably. Ironically enough, the entire plot of Deadfire could have been a low-key adventure of the Watcher, Vatnir, Ydwin and Serafen having an existential debate about souls, life, death, universe and everything, while trying to save Watcher's soul from some evil BBEG and I would've swallowed it whole - hook, line and sinker. Yet Deadfire goes all over the place with it's writing, themes and story and it never forms a coherent whole IMO. But that's just me.

Edited by aksrasjel
  • Like 3

does anyone knows if damage reduction from different equipment stack, also does it stack with feats? I have feelinig that barbarian is tanking much better with two hander than my paladin tank with shield :)

Also are there some transmutation spells which really benefits from higher DC on them?

Generally things do not stack in Pathfinder, which was a design decision for the tabletop to deal with the abuse some players would go to to end up with 40AC (I played with such a person).

However, there are different types of bonuses that do stack. Bracers of Armor do not attack with armor, these are for your Wizards/Sorcerers. Rings of Protection give a deflection bonus to AC and that stacks with armor. There is another accessory that gives a Dodge bonus that stacks with Armor and Deflection.

Feats will stack with anything regardless of what type of bonus it is simply because it is a feat.

As for the spells I do not recall, but in general it is always better to have a higher Save DC on your spells.

Resistances/DR of same type do not stack.

But if you have 10/- physical DR, and pick up Some Item of Fire Resistance +5 and yoi equip it, and a monster hits you with Big Weapon of Fire for 1d10 physical + 1d6 fire damage, you will "absorb" 15 damage from this weapon in total.

crap, i hoped they would stack, so if I have adamantium armor there is no reason to equip adamantium shield as well? I hope it stacks at least with feat :/

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

One Adamantium piece of armour is enough. AFAIK there are only feats for “natural” DR in the PnP. There might be some enhancing Feats though. On my latest character in PnP, I am using feat which enhances your Natural Armour by another 2, if you wear some item, which has enhancement bonus to Natural Armour at least +1. I have no clue, if any of that is implemented into the CRPG though :)

Hm. I might have to take a break from Kingmaker for a bit now, ran into a bug in the Twice-Born Warlord quest. Amiri leaves the party to do something, but for some reason once that's done and dusted she's not re-joining the party. Just lurking there running an old conversation over and over.

So rather than play on, then have to replay it all later when the bug gets fixed, I think I'll just pause for a bit and see when it gets sorted.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm. I might have to take a break from Kingmaker for a bit now, ran into a bug in the Twice-Born Warlord quest. Amiri leaves the party to do something, but for some reason once that's done and dusted she's not re-joining the party. Just lurking there running an old conversation over and over.

So rather than play on, then have to replay it all later when the bug gets fixed, I think I'll just pause for a bit and see when it gets sorted.

The bugs multiply after Act 3. I've seen people complain about that one though, so with any luck it'll soon be fixed.

nvAeseu.png

There is problem with POE. Josh tried to stray away from the BG formula, Because he thought he could do it better.

That's a problem? :blink:

Also 'purple prose' is gradually becoming the pseudo-critical term par excellence to dethrone 'plot hole'.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

PE series is alright. But, KM is clearly  a superior game. It isn't perfect, though, but it is definitely heck of fun. But, yeah, enjoy both if you can. I finished both PEs but didn't bother with their expansions/additions.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KM is basically NWN2 2.0. PE was different beast. I think PE was better story wise, KM is classic PnP adventure. I liked PoE visuals more but I really don't like that renessaince setting of PoE.

KM is basically NWN2 2.0. PE was different beast. I think PE was better story wise, KM is classic PnP adventure. I liked PoE visuals more but I really don't like that renessaince setting of PoE.

Technically Pathfinder is renaissance since the tabletop has the Gunslinger class, that as you can probably guess, uses guns.

The good thing is that the class is horrible.

• Like 1