Pathfinder Kingmaker is bigger then Deadfire

The game uses an estabilished system, all they can tweak is difficulty, and there's a bunch of sliders so you can do that yourself.

Yeah an established system that is beyond flawed. The sliders make it even worse because it means they don't even have to bother tuning encounters or anything, just tell the players to mess with the settings. Why craft a reasonable challenge when you can just boost the enemy stats to ridiculous proportions?

And how is it flawed?

Anyone who already killed that kobolt/troll kombo in dwarven ruins? What lvl? 7 seems to not be enough on challanging difficulty

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

no chance for me, troll just 2-3 hit my tank and resist all saving throws :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

And how is it flawed?

Have you fought one of those swarms that they throw at you at level 2? The ones that you can only kill with fire spells or 10-20 alchemist fires? That stuff really isn't fun.

I think most people can agree that there are aspects of the system that are convoluted and outdated.

L0L They really want you to use their created npcs. they do everything in their power to do so. Cost of hiring at 2nd level = 2500gp and at 3rd level = 4500gp. LMAO On top of that, unless you hire them as soon as you level they are  mondo experience lower. :p

Also, they seem to have made certain battles 'too easy'. I completely destroyed treant bear. LMAO That said, it helps when you get a crit of 20+ damager on one hit.

Random bandits are more deadly.   Still  certain fights can still  make you work.

Really hate corrupted saves. Happens way too often. I just spam save slots now to cover.

Overall, though, really good game. One of best DnD games created imo. Up there with NWN, BG series, and Gb games (for their era).

I love the half elf  lady. Too bad about her stupid boyfriend. he needs to have an accident. :p

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I love the half elf  lady. Too bad about her stupid boyfriend. he needs to have an accident. :p

Aw come on, they have an open relationship anyway. Who wouldn't be up for a threesome with a chaotic evil Half-Orc and his ladyfriend? :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm a dwarf and I'm racist against orcs. Espicially big dumb orcs.. even though I let him kill the laver... well.. because slavery is bad... mmmkayy... The two seem to have gotten together because of how they met as slaves. You know, strange company = strnage bedfellow. Under normal course they are not a match. He's a psycho she is not. At least I get to flirt with her. L0L Not that it matters since I plan to eventually have all created characters. Up to 4 now. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And how is it flawed?

Have you fought one of those swarms that they throw at you at level 2? The ones that you can only kill with fire spells or 10-20 alchemist fires? That stuff really isn't fun.

I think most people can agree that there are aspects of the system that are convoluted and outdated.

Yes, they're not difficult.

• Like 1

And how is it flawed?

And a tip straight from one of the loading screens that actually help against them (if you have any useful AoE spells, or any AoE prolly), you can use "control" on your keyboard to lock AOE onto targets, and then toggle with "control" to unlock and redo it, if needed.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm a dwarf and I'm racist against orcs. Espicially big dumb orcs.. even though I let him kill the laver... well.. because slavery is bad... mmmkayy... The two seem to have gotten together because of how they met as slaves. You know, strange company = strnage bedfellow. Under normal course they are not a match. He's a psycho she is not. At least I get to flirt with her. L0L Not that it matters since I plan to eventually have all created characters. Up to 4 now. :p

She likes whips, only original companion left in my party :)

About cost of mercs - its not so bad, I managed to buy all of my companions around level 5. If you sell some magic junk you should have enough to get them

I still use the regular companions but I change their stats to be more optimal. That way I don't most out on the story stuff while still having a decent team

https://github.com/ericfitzgerald/KingmakerCharacterEditor/releases/tag/v1.0.2-windows

does it disable achievments?

No idea but I doubt it as it works on your save and not the game directly.

I think I was still getting them but I can't guarantee it as I'm still waiting for a few more patches to keep playing

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I got lvl 6 ranger and he is a beast, but I dont have many spells yet to tell how good those are

I got lvl 6 ranger and he is a beast, but I dont have many spells yet to tell how good those are

What favored enemies did you choose? Also, what style? Personally, I'm tired of the dual-wielding ranger, I'm thinking of doing an Aragorn-style two-handed ranger.

What favored enemies did you choose? Also, what style? Personally, I'm tired of the dual-wielding ranger, I'm thinking of doing an Aragorn-style two-handed ranger.

So far most usefull would be whatever trolls are but I don't know how it will look futher in game, you can't go wrong with human or undead (I got undead). I have gone with something not related to bows or dual wield but personally I feel like archery is strongest pick for him

So far most usefull would be whatever trolls are but I don't know how it will look futher in game, you can't go wrong with human or undead (I got undead). I have gone with something not related to bows or dual wield but personally I feel like archery is strongest pick for him

Alright, thanks. I'm more of a melee guy so I'll stick to big swords. Shame I can't have a hamster animal companion.

Thinking of playing a ranger, but I don't know which favored enemies to go for. I'm thinking about humans, undead and outsiders because those are always a sure bet in cRPGs. What else should I go for? Also, are ranger spells in Pathfinder any good?

Here's a suggestion: choose whichever you think is good and then see what happens. I chose undead for my first favored enemy, and I have no idea if it's a good choice or not. However, it's an excellent role-playing choice from my perspective, given the kind of ranger I intend to play, and I'm not interested in knowing beforehand whether it turns out to be good, story-wise, or not.

Ranger (and paladin) spells tend to be rather poor. The strength of these characters is elsewhere, and the spells are a fairly weak (but not meaningless) bonus.

And a tip straight from one of the loading screens that actually help against them (if you have any useful AoE spells, or any AoE prolly), you can use "control" on your keyboard to lock AOE onto targets, and then toggle with "control" to unlock and redo it, if needed.

Unless you happen to not have an arcane caster, then you're screwed.

For Ranger's favoured enemies, there's a fine mix depending on where the story is.  But Giant Humanoids, Monstrous Humanoids, Undead, Fey, and Magical Beasts all tend to crop up at different stages so far...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

BTW what do you guys so far feel are good builds/classes? I am mostly enjoying my custom merc Barbarian - invulnerable rager. My rouge/fighter is not doing bad either if noone is focusing him :)