Pathfinder Kingmaker is bigger then Deadfire

those loading times tho...

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

BTW I dont know how its on other difficulities but i convinced that alchemist to lob firebombs... baaad idea

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

so I think i need to give up on my current character, i am dead constantly and I have big problems with basic enemies, I still want to try challanging difficulty but i think this is maybe too much for me

I'm being extremely stressed out by the time limit of the first act. I know it's generous and probably more than enough but it's there, and that suffices.  I still have 77 days left but that doesn't seem so much considering I managed to finish one side quest so far and... my party seriously needs more level ups.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I went ahead and bought the Imperial edition. I love the party split at the end of the tutorial. I got most of what I wanted, Barbarian girl, vampire cutie, and some tower shield lady. Kind of wanted the Dwarf instead, but I'll take her.

But why is that girl journaling as if she's in my party?

I had the hardest time deciding between Magus and Sorcerer. Magus looks like it has MAD issues so I gave up on it.

A neutral evil vampire cutie? Well well well.

And as per tradition you can't romance her. Curse this hollow world.

Alas, when will our demands for Viconia 2.0 be heard?

On reflection, I'm thinking about restarting as a Magus. Someone convince me not to.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I feel kinda stupid right now after not finding the game manual anywhere despite buying the whole damn thing (through Steam). I would've liked to check how exactly my Ranger develops, i.e. what are the specific rules. Where's the manual, folks?

I know there is an in game encyclopedia, but I can't seem to find if there's a manual somewhere (I don't have the game yet to say).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This neat Pathfinder CRPG with love from Russia makes me recall something that feels like yesterday. Obsidian gave us a survey literally packed with questions about if we would like to see a Pathfinder CRPG made by the Obsidz. I merrily said "Yes, please" to just about all of those suggestions. Thereafter, no more word on that. Am I ridiculously optimistic in hoping that OE may produce something Pathfinder-licious with Paizo cheering 'em on? I know, PoE is similar in many ways, but the survey certainly had no problems with suggesting that we could have them both from Obsidian.

I think they changed their strategy from working on established IPs to working on their own IPs. That way when they end up selling their company, it's worth more than it would be by working on others licenses.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I'm really liking it for now as a whole, is a bit more BG like narratively (character are caricatures and don't speak like real people as PoE characters do), but the rules, the combat and the balance of it I can only describe as horrible.

Hi everyone, could someone explain for me in short - what the difference between 3.5 from NWN and 3.5 from Pathfinder, is something like Bard/Blackguard/RDD or Cleric/Bard/Monk still possible ? Is UMD/Acrobatic/Spellcasting/Discipline still required for all top tier builds ?

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Can sorcs not switch out spells at level up in Pathfinder? I picked magic missile at creation even though my subclass gets it for free at level 3 with the plan of switching it out for something else but it looks like I may have screwed myself out of a spell instead.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I feel kinda stupid right now after not finding the game manual anywhere despite buying the whole damn thing (through Steam). I would've liked to check how exactly my Ranger develops, i.e. what are the specific rules. Where's the manual, folks?

I know there is an in game encyclopedia, but I can't seem to find if there's a manual somewhere (I don't have the game yet to say).

Yep, but the encyclopedia doesn't tell you what kind of options are available for Ranger at lvl2. Like, whether it's a simple choice between two-weapon or ranged, or whether you have more options as per PnP rules. Turned out you have more options. The encyclopedia only tells you you make a combat-style choice at lvl2, but doesn't tell you the options. D'oh.

As it happens, the game looks great, but I'm going to wait for a couple of patches before really playing it. Not that I found any bugs, but there are guaranteed to be some around.

On reflection, I'm thinking about restarting as a Magus. Someone convince me not to.

Magus seems to be a really bad base class if you want to add Prestige levels - or mutli class in general.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I think I am going to take a break for a while, game is getting on my nerves, there is time limit on first act, every freaking spider i fight lower my streaght by -2, so after few fights my frontliners are unnable to hit anything and when you rest you only recover ONE lost attribute, so if your fighter get bitten 3times, you need to rest 3 times to get your STR back and I didn't found single potion or spell to restore them. It seems like there is too much trash fights with long term effects to play this on higher difficulty or you really have to be master of DnD. Or I really sucks

I also don't like party members. All frontliners are ladies for some reason (actually except for that depressed dwarf all companions are females) and I am really not enjoying most of their classes

• Like 1