Pathfinder Kingmaker is bigger then Deadfire

Because I dont like cute little kids in team of killers xD

It depends on your team, of course. But I have been chaotic characters in my last games (DOS2 and Deadfire) so I'm currently considering playing as a LG or NG character, who would prefer more amenable and well-behaved people.

However, based on what Indira is saying, there are very interesting evil/chaotic characters.

sign.jpg

Are those the base portraits? They are.... pretty incredible.

I mean, I can totally get with a campy, B-movie style high fantasy adventure module.

From screenshots, they really knocked it out of the park with the UI conveniences.

• Like 1

I played the tutorial three times with different characters to see what I would like and sometimes my characters with higher persuasion failed easier skill checks while those with lower charisma and less persuasion succeeded.

Then it dawned on me. Roll D20, add skill modifier(s) and compare against DC. :w00t:

• Like 5

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Right, it's a 3.5ed derivative, no? We ain't getting an official AD&D, so this is probably as good as it gets.

• Like 2

heh, got into some trading post, game throw at me 8 attackers while I have 4 lvl 2 characters, died in that encounter already 4 times and it seems like its first real encounter, not sure what to do differently as game position my characters before battle so I can't do basically anything differently, weird

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

heh, got into some trading post, game throw at me 8 attackers while I have 4 lvl 2 characters, died in that encounter already 4 times and it seems like its first real encounter, not sure what to do differently as game position my characters before battle so I can't do basically anything differently, weird

Did you...

recruit the old guy that lobs fire bombs and have Oleg ambush the bandits?

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Welcome to NWN CRPG spawning, for the most part! ;)

Yep! Except for my imported portrait, everything in my screenies is base portraits.

Out of curiosity, can you just add portraits like in Pillars of Eternity? I think there are three sizes. Do you know their sizes? I'm already checking my portrait gallery for anything that looks well for a King. :)

Adding portrait is very easy. There are templates, which tell you the exact pizel sizes for Small, Medium and Fulllength in your AppData folder, under Owlcat, it's called Portraits. Simply replace them with .png files of those exact measurements, and then you need to do this process at character creation for best results. You can do it afterwards, but IIRC, one of the portraits will mess with your game somewhat.

Did you...

recruit the old guy that lobs fire bombs and have Oleg ambush the bandits?

My party - still level 1 then, by a tiny margin - cruised by this encounter at first try. Why? Well, I had to take a peek at ShadySands's solution, and that one I've missed entirely, 

but…

Oleg later wondered if I had seen a guy run away or perhaps I acknowledged that my party had seen him, which I totally did. He looked like a ghost, since it was dark.

...I didn't do it like that.

I had used my party formation wisely. Up front I had Amiri (as you saw in my random encounter pic, she's quick and she hits super hard at lvl 1) and Harrim, a cleric, which you can deck with even better armor, which I got for him during the tutorial. Linzi uses her crossbow, and she hits pretty reliably, and I run up and flank whatever Amiri and Harrim's bashing, for even more slashing damage. It was over very quickly, for them.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yeah, and level 1, as well as lvl 2 and 3 to a certain extent, is pretty much do or die territory for all classes, since no party member really can't take any hit to speak of, and I play at a higher difficulty with extra damage from the baddies, so I'm trying to be defensive, although it feels a bit futile. My Magus often takes one hit, and she's brittle, with pretty bad armor, but I use the spell Shield, which is far more useful than what peeps give it credit for. A duration of one minute per level is an eternity in most fights in a game like this.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Remember playing BG1* on Hard or Insane? That mothercrocker in the north side house of Candlekeep could murder you dead and you'd be rerolling before the tutorial was over.

I'm hearing great things about how it really feels like an IE knockoff. It's funny to say it, but after 20 years of never getting one, I'm happy to have a Baldur's Gate clone from Russia.

*(The actual original, not the modded ports to BG2 engine, or the beamdog crap, because all of that changes the power equation to yield a different experience for better or for worse)

• Like 3

This neat Pathfinder CRPG with love from Russia makes me recall something that feels like yesterday. Obsidian gave us a survey literally packed with questions about if we would like to see a Pathfinder CRPG made by the Obsidz. I merrily said "Yes, please" to just about all of those suggestions. Thereafter, no more word on that. Am I ridiculously optimistic in hoping that OE may produce something Pathfinder-licious with Paizo cheering 'em on? I know, PoE is similar in many ways, but the survey certainly had no problems with suggesting that we could have them both from Obsidian.

• Like 3

What about evil character playthrough? Does it make sense (especially in dialogue options) or is it like in most Bioware games, where the only option was being evil is being crazy murderous psychopath? Or the game offers also more subtle evil ways and scheming?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

@Mamoulian War: Since I'm on a crazed CN rampage in my 1st playthru, I honestly don't know, but IIRC, this article certainly hints at it being more nuanced and interesting:

https://wccftech.com...kingmaker-crpg/

Also, I've watched a Owlcat vid where they say that you can rule your kingdom in various evil ways. Sounds promising, no?

• Like 2

I only tried the battle on normal difficulty so far but you can do a couple of things that really help out:

• Talk Oleg into setting a trap with Alchemist's Fire
  • Recruit the Alchemist to lob fire bombs
  • Spread tar to slow them down
  • Set traps

All in all they came up and half of them died instantly.

Remember playing BG1* on Hard or Insane? That mothercrocker in the north side house of Candlekeep could murder you dead and you'd be rerolling before the tutorial was over.

Heh. Hard or insane? If you picked a Wizard and had an unlucky dice roll for hit points the guys could one-shot you while you're in the middle of casting magic missile... on any difficulty.

That's how my first ever BG character - a necromancer - fared. Game over after Larloch's Minor Drain failed to kill Shank. ;)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Playing a half-orc monk but forgot to add a few more points into CON.  :facepalm:

I did something better. Created a Sorc, maxed Charisma (as you normally would on a Sorc), started the game. Got past the Trading Post, had a few rests along the way, but still 0/0 spell uses and had to use Cantrips all the time. Was very confused. Turned out I picked a Bloodline that changed my main stat to INT... had to restart :D

• Like 4