Pathfinder Kingmaker is bigger then Deadfire

I only could not remember the word, don't be obnoxious.

I think the words you were looking for were “thank you”.
  • Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

You asked if someone could ask on Owlcat's forums, and he gave you the Pathfinder rules about carrying capacity. There is not anything obnoxious about that.

Are there issues with the way Pathfinder handles capacity? Yes.

Say you have a Wizard with 8 Strength, your capacity is going to be pretty low. However, if you happen to be carrying around 5k gold, you're going to be over if not close to that capacity.

Woe be the pack rat in your group...

Of course, they could go the PoE route and give you a stash that you can access, but it would be better if they gave you a caravan/wagon to hold it all.

You asked if someone could ask on Owlcat's forums, and he gave you the Pathfinder rules about carrying capacity. There is not anything obnoxious about that.

Say you have a Wizard with 8 Strength, your capacity is going to be pretty low. However, if you happen to be carrying around 5k gold, you're going to be over if not close to that capacity.

Of course, they could go the PoE route and give you a stash that you can access, but it would be better if they gave you a caravan/wagon to hold it all.

That's why we homeruled, that weight of money is 0.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I asked about completion timers, not about encumbrance.

”Could someone ask on official owlcat forums about this? There's weight system that makes characters move slowly...”

Either the second thing is completely ****ing random or it is the thing you want someone to ask about. The second thing is encumbrance. You’re welcome.

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

”Could someone ask on official owlcat forums about this? There's weight system that makes characters move slowly...”

Either the second thing is completely ****ing random or it is the thing you want someone to ask about. The second thing is encumbrance. You’re welcome.

I think what is being asked is "can someone confirm with the developers that there are timers, as the system of encumbrance causing characters to move at variable speeds may make it problematic to complete quests with timers given that encumbrance might be different for different members of the party".  At least that's how I read it, Melusina can correct it if I'm wrong.

As an aside, I'm with gfted1 on this, I'm not keen on timers. Particularly not the "go to that place and do that thing in 10 minutes or else the world will collapse. Oh and I don't know where that place is or what it is you have to do. You have 9:30 now, might want to get hurrying" type timer.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's like you said, Amentep. My expression skills are atrocious. Sorry if I offended anyone.

No offense taken. Glad that we were able to figure out where the confusion was coming from.

I think what is being asked is "can someone confirm with the developers that there are timers, as the system of encumbrance causing characters to move at variable speeds may make it problematic to complete quests with timers given that encumbrance might be different for different members of the party".  At least that's how I read it, Melusina can correct it if I'm wrong.

As an aside, I'm with gfted1 on this, I'm not keen on timers. Particularly not the "go to that place and do that thing in 10 minutes or else the world will collapse. Oh and I don't know where that place is or what it is you have to do. You have 9:30 now, might want to get hurrying" type timer.

Yeah. The few quests on timer in Deadfire certainly wasn't fun. The quests themselves were absolutely fine, but if I hadn't happened to read that two of them had a timer on them, I would have missed them, since I was exploring every nook and cranny, and doing stuff pretty erratically.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Okay, straight from a mix of the Devs, and my own personal experiences as a beta and alpha tester:

There are some quests where time is of the essence (if you're not fast enough you'll fail) but that isn't usually the case? The ones I encountered like the main quest for act 1 have pretty generous timelines (Counted in months). I don't think I ever failed that one or ever came close to failing. There is still an encumbrance system as far as I know, they've supposedly tweaked it a lot since complaints in the beta, so I can't speak to the final experience. There are some "Kingdom quests" as part of the kingdom system that'll slowly do bad things to your kingdom every month if they aren't addressed as well? But encumbrance has 0 effect on those. They're resolved from your throne room and you just assign someone and they do it. If I recall correctly you don't even need to take them out of your party while it happens (unlike in PoE's stronghold quests).

But there are a lot of quests that are more nuanced; if you complete the quest in a certain timeframe you encounter such and such an NPC if you complete it in a different time frame it goes down differently with a different NPC, that sort of thing. These depend on NPC schedules and days of the week and such, so they aren't really "Timed quests"?

Timed quests are rare, and side quests are almost never timed (there's one I ran into where you needed to collect some fresh radishes and berries, and the berries and radishes would go bad if you took too long getting them to the quest giver after picking them, but you don't fail that quest, you just have to get new radishes or berries, and that's the only timed sidequest I'm aware of). In my experience even in the beta where Encumbrance was overtooled and kind of buggy you were not going to run into a deadline accidentally, you kind of had to shoot for it intentionally.

If you want a direct quote from a writer on the game, here's Thainen's little blurb: 

There are no hard time limits anywhere but the first chapter (where you have 3 months to kill Stag Lord), but every chapter starts with the appearance of some huge problem that threatens your kingdom and gradually harms it. You can win yourself more time by mitigating the damage, but unless you deal with the root of the problem, your kingdom would be destroyed, and you'll be dethroned, which means a game over.

Most side quests do have time limits too, but they are linked to the current chapters, not a timer. There's enough time to deal with them, especially since you always get several months of free time after the end of one chapter and before the beginning of the other.

Edited by Stratagemini
  • Like 4

I'd rather have an engaging story, excellent worldbuilding and good writing

What game is that, pray tell
Alpha Protocol.
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 1 month later...

I'd rather have an engaging story, excellent worldbuilding and good writing

What game is that, pray tell
Alpha Protocol.

Let's have it rest in peace, rather than let nu-Obsidian bastardize it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Unfortunately, Octavia is doomed to be in love triangle/tree-some with Magus dude and you.

Can we kill this magus?

Game is not released, but based on dev responses, you can break Octavia and Magus dude, but only after romance.

I keep calling him Magus dude because his name is relatively complicated.

On topic:

I get that Pillars was quite short, but it was great thing for me, since I actually finished the game. Unfortunately, I haven't completed any of my second gameplays

Kingmaker should be shorter, but based on videos alone, I might like it better. Not because of story, but because of gameplay. I don't mind long start to finish gameplay, but to me, game is NWN2 second coming.

I personally find story to be second important thing, gameplay being the first. If I wanted a good story I would read a novel.

• Like 1

Anyone know if the game is good or does it suck? I seen it just now on the Steam coming soon top page. My concerns are the land take-overs, raising an army mechanics. I wonder how well it will be integrated and to what extent/limitations.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I've read several previews on the website of the German gaming magazine Gamestar. And each preview has hyped me more. This game has the potential to be brilliant.

-The combat seems to have Baldur's Gate flair. Nothing outstanding, but it's nice.

-If you don't want to manage everything about your growing kingdom yourself, you can delegate a lot of tasks to your followers. Every choice has a different outcome, as every companion has a different personality and their own way of handling things. There will still be events where the king or queen has to be present, though.

-You won't get every subquest served on a silver platter. Sometimes you only get hints that something's going on and have to investigate on your own behalf.

-When your party's camping, you can assign chores like cooking or standing guard to your party members. Of course your guards won't be as well rested as the others the next morning, but if you don't put up any guards at all, you might be in for surprises. That's giving me Realms of Arkania flashbacks.

-There will be several endings, based on your choices throughout the game.

And the best thing is, if they don't change the requirements too much, even my old computer will be able to run it. :grin:

• Like 4

I decided to skip this game when it was a KS thingie, but now, after having watched playthroughs and read previews, I decided to preorder it, even. I know I'll get my money's worth back, and prolly then some! :)

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Thank you both for the intellectual answers :) The game sounds neat, perhaps I will check it out upon launch!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

First of all, I'm actually considering playing a half-orc as my first main when I get my hands on P:KM tomorrow!

Can't wait!

And as a teaser, I'll direct you to this recent vid, where Owlcat Games underline some stuff that's important to me,

like how they emphasized replayability of the right kind, and they have allowed for all sorts of party building.

If you want, for instance, you can make a party of six sorcerers:

[Youtube]

Holding NWN2 and its system D&D 3.5 in very high regard, I'm looking forward to character creation and endless new attempts at characters and parties,

this regardless of story, the quests, the area design, music and the rest (If all that's great as well, then this game will be a true classic for me!).

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 4