Pathfinder Kingmaker is bigger then Deadfire

As an aside - George Orwell wrote ANIMAL FARM as a response to what he'd seen in the Spanish Civil War as well as tied to the propaganda the UK government was putting out about Stalinist USSR.  Orson Wells was the actor/writer/director whose Mercury Theater did the WAR OF THE WORLDS Broadcast.

Oh good, I was afraid I was going crazy (crazier?) when a whole page went by and everyone just glossed over this.

That was my fault. For some reason I have trouble keeping Orwell, Orson Wells, and HG Wells separate in my head. I blame video games.  :facepalm:

...Orson is actually Welles, if we're talking Orson of Rosebud fame, not some distant obscure cousin of Herbert.  :biggrin:

'sfunny how fanboy No 1 compares the not-yet-released game's promo texts with a game that's already out and comes to conclusion that looks OK to him? Also, his obsession with validating his dislike for Deafire starts to look rather unhealthy. Dude, it's just a video game. It's not a big deal if you don't like it as much as some other games. No, really. 

Typo on my part on Welles.  Correcting information on the internet is like looking into the abyss, it looked back into me.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My point? Move on from BG2. It's really not very healthy to clinge to 20 years old game.

I'll add a little fuel to the fire by saying I'm one of those people who doesn't consider BG2 to be that great, and have always much preferred BG1 to BG2. I agree with your point. Rose-tinted BG nostalgia is the biggest threat to this awesome CRPG renaissance.

All you need, just falling out of being the Hip Thing, and if you continue having your expensive lifestyle after that, then you can only say adios to all the moolah. He would not be the first "celebrity" to lose all they wealth ;)

Especially the very young ones tend to fall into that trap

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I have few comments to left, but I currently on cellphone and I will be on cellphone till Saturday, and I really don't have a death wish, but he was discovered on YouTube by professional manager? That sounds talented, but I didn't listen Bieber... I simply don't know how long it passed since his song was on my local radio. I don't really know how find good stuff on YouTube and mostly listen old, dated song, which I can stand over and over.

Edited by Melusina

I meant it in financial way, just don't want to be person who only wish bad things to others. I was surprised to see net worth, but poster above me is right. Money is spendable and blow out real fast if you understand me. I just have really hard time picturing him as successful since everyone piss on him.

Ikr? Same reason I never played MoTB what with the Spirit Eater curse timer thing. Same for Tyranny.

Mask of Betrayal is decent enough to be played, despite that meter, but I hope there isn't too many timed one in P:K, many rpgs have timed quest, you can't do a lot about it.

I just noticed one you you Beta testers commented that there are completion timers!?!? EJECT EJECT EJECT!

Oh no

Same reason I never played MoTB what with the Spirit Eater curse timer thing. Same for Tyranny

Quality Obsidian moderator material.

Fallout 1 with its worst timer ever lies forgotten? Gerroff my lawn, you Bieber-loving young'uns. :bat:

Hunger meter in MotB was negligible if you always suppressed and sometimes tricky when overindulging, but I actually liked it. It wasn't a time limit per se but something similar to what you have in Sims games, and nobody ever accused these with being difficult.

I just noticed one you you Beta testers commented that there are completion timers!?!? EJECT EJECT EJECT!

Oh no

Same reason I never played MoTB what with the Spirit Eater curse timer thing. Same for Tyranny

I don't think you understand the function of a moderator.  :shrugz:

Hunger meter in MotB was negligible if you always suppressed and sometimes tricky when overindulging, but I actually liked it. It wasn't a time limit per se but something similar to what you have in Sims games, and nobody ever accused these with being difficult.

Im trying to remember but wasn't it fairly easy to get yourself into a postion where the passage of time simply travelling to a new location would kill you before you got there?

Im trying to remember but wasn't it fairly easy to get yourself into a postion where the passage of time simply travelling to a new location would kill you before you got there?

Yeah, traveling to the Sunken City sometimes did that to me. But usually it would work OK after the reload, so there probably were some random numbers and luck involved. Anyway, I didn't really mind. :no:

• Like 1

Oh no

I don't think you understand the function of a moderator. :shrugz:

There were multiple strategies for dealing with spirit hunger. Trying to bounce back and forth between them could lead to trouble, but picking one and sticking with it was pretty easy and took a lot of the edges off.
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

It was almost impossible for the timer to matter in Tyranny, unless, I don't know, you went back and forth and back and forth all the maps 80 times for no reason.

It was stricter in MOTB, but after one or two mishaps any RPG player would figure it out. It would only be annoying if, for example, you got stuck in some quest, got confused, and had to comb through two maps trying to find something.

• Like 1

IDK, from what I've seen from beta playthroughs it just seems like the quest changes if you meander. I'm hoping that you don't get an automatic fail if you take too long.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It was almost impossible for the timer to matter in Tyranny, unless, I don't know, you went back and forth and back and forth all the maps 80 times for no reason.

It was stricter in MOTB, but after one or two mishaps any RPG player would figure it out. It would only be annoying if, for example, you got stuck in some quest, got confused, and had to comb through two maps trying to find something.

There was no possible way to ever be in danger of the Act 1 timer in Tyranny. There wasn’t enough content to reasonably need even half the time allotted. I literally had to do the “80 times for no reason” thing to get the achievement

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Iirc, yes, he was discovered on YouTube. Perhaps I misinterpreted your use of "heavy". I thought you meant he wasn't worth much financially.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed one you you Beta testers commented that there are completion timers!?!? EJECT EJECT EJECT!

Could someone ask on official owlcat forums about this? There's weight system that makes characters move slowly....

Iirc, yes, he was discovered on YouTube. Perhaps I misinterpreted your use of "heavy". I thought you meant he wasn't worth much financially.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed one you you Beta testers commented that there are completion timers!?!? EJECT EJECT EJECT!

Could someone ask on official owlcat forums about this? There's weight system that makes characters move slowly....
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/carryingCapacity.htm