Romance in KoTOR 2

Keep the romance it was fun.

Romances in RPGs been around for quite some time, in fact FF XII so far appears to be moving away from a direct romance because that was done present in VIII,IX,X and X-2.
I really liked the romance in Phantasy Star II. When Nei died I was so bumed! Sure I was only 8 or 9 years old at the time, but still even today a consider it a good crpg romance. B)

Yea, the good old days. I think it was PSII where you kept picking a romance then playing the descendent. That was so cool. FF XII is getting away from it because they allow someone who, other than vagrant story, has done nothing but tactics games. That has to be one of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen for game development. I want an RPG not a tactics game. Terrain height playing a pivotal role in a RPG is a total turn off for me. To me in an RPG that is an annoyance. In a tactics game that is a necessity. There are some other changes I've heard that really add to the fact this may be the first FF I don't buy. I even got suckered into buying 9. *bleh* :blink:

what do you want? have the character and the NPCs go out for dinner first? make a little walk in the park? go watch the moons of tattoine and chill in a bar? do you want them to talk for hours about their favourite colours?

They could always add some cut scenes that implied this was going on.

why add a boring romance when you could save that time to allow the player to fight instead of listening to some horrible romance story on a video game?

Because this is an RPG not an Action RPG. That is really a contradiction in terms. Character Stats do not a RPG make.

reading a book lets your mind create everything, a video game you just stare at the screen. don't get me wrong, i love video games, but games and books are two different things which arn't really comparable.

A blank page lets your mind create everything a book(novel) just lets you create the visuals. A game is an interactive picture book where the interaction is as important to the story as the words. Take any high Fantasy or Sci-fi book and you almost always have combat. Games just let you play them out.

Obsidian, you better not cut romances out of KOTOR 2. Romance was by far the best part of KOTOR, and we're talking about a game that included lightsabers, force powers, Star Wars, Jedis, and let you be a Jedi in an RPG for the first time ever, so that's saying something!

Romances let you reach a level of immersion that nothing else can match, as you truly care about that particular NPC more than anything else could make you care. Romances are also the deepest example of NPC relationships, which add depth to the characters and immersion to the game.

Don't make the same mistake that you did with Fallout, where you had no romances. This is a chance to atone for your past mistakes (no romance in Fallout 1 or 2), so you should take advantage of this chance.

Also, KOTOR 2 will not be a true sequel that lives up the first game without a romance, since romance was the best part of KOTOR, as I said.

In summary, if you don't put romances in KOTOR 2, then I won't buy your product, and I'm sure there are many, many other people just like me. I'm not trying to threaten you guys or anything, I'm just saying that it would be a wise business decision for you guys to include romance in KOTOR 2. I know that probably makes me sound like a mafia guy asking for protection money, but I'm truly not meaning to come off sounding like that!

Maybe this will sound better. Please, Obsidian, put romances in KOTOR 2. Do it for all the loyal fans out there like me. It's the best possible thing you could do for us, other than giving the game away for free, so please, Obsidian, don't let this message fall on deaf ears.

In closing, Romances for KOTOR 2! Romances for everyone!

P.S. Please make the romances in KOTOR 2 longer than the romances in KOTOR if you can. I felt the KOTOR romances were too short, or maybe they were just so good that the player was left wanting more, but either way, it would be a good thing if you made the romances longer in KOTOR 2 than they were in KOTOR. Thanks!

Obsidian, you better not cut romances out of KOTOR 2. Romance was by far the best part of KOTOR, and we're talking about a game that included lightsabers, force powers, Star Wars, Jedis, and let you be a Jedi in an RPG for the first time ever, so that's saying something!

It just says you have bad taste and looking at your list ... :rolleyes:

SW:KotOR music is better that those lame romances.

drakron.png

I suddenly got the urge to go on a rampant trolling against everyone with this 'holier than thou'-attitude, but naah.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I suddenly got the urge to go on a rampant trolling against everyone with this 'holier than thou'-attitude, but naah.

You sould, keeps the noob population low and at the same time educates people into the ultimate truth of message boards that is:

"Your opinion is wrong."

drakron.png

You sould, keeps the noob population low and at the same time educates people into the ultimate truth of message boards that is:

"Your opinion is wrong."

Heh.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Don't make the same mistake that you did with Fallout, where you had no romances.

Don't ever call FO or FO2 a mistake. You're just asking for a flame war.

Do it for all the loyal fans out there like me.

If you're this huge, loyal fan, then am I to assume that you've been following this game?

Have you read the FAQ, or Questions to the Devs? Have you even read this thread?

The Dev team said Romances will be in, and furthermore, you will also be able to have non-romantic relationships with the other party members. Obsidian has promised better interaction with your party members.

Don't make the same mistake that you did with Fallout, where you had no romances.

Don't ever call FO or FO2 a mistake. You're just asking for a flame war.

Do it for all the loyal fans out there like me.

If you're this huge, loyal fan, then am I to assume that you've been following this game?

Have you read the FAQ, or Questions to the Devs? Have you even read this thread?

The Dev team said Romances will be in, and furthermore, you will also be able to have non-romantic relationships with the other party members. Obsidian has promised better interaction with your party members.

'Ere 'ere, you tell 'im Ender. :rolleyes:

Opus:

" Ho yes, now i feel like laying down on a railroad track.

At this point, i think they should just ditch KOTORII and concentrate on the expantion : KOTOR - Hot Date..."

Spelling Buddy Sez:

Expansion

Hey, can I help it that I get all mushy? I'm a sap when it comes to love. I liked Titanic too. (Something I'd only admit in an anonymous forum)

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I have no qualms with romance. I like a good romance.

I don't think romance has to be a certain style. I can find validity in both Chasing Amy, and Gone With the Wind.

Edgar Allen Poe said that the point of writing (and in my opinion all art) is to create an effect. (That's why he preferred the medium of short stories over novels). Art is all subjective, but really the best way to judge art as being good or bad is to judge it if it was effective.

I enjoyed that moment on the Ebon Hawk when you really confront Bastilla about the romance. However, on the whole the romance wasn't properly realized. It consisted of lame pick-up lines, her constant rejection, and then her folding. Where was the akward confession of your feelings towards her? Where was the build-up, the realization of those feelings?

Suddenly, a dialogue option appeared one day that wasn't there before. Now I can say "let's get it on". That's not romance.

Somehow, I have the feeling with MCA on-board that we're going to get a tragic, moving love-story.

The torture scene on the Leviathan could have been a defining moment in the relationship. I think Bioware had a good idea and missed the boat a bit.

Did I say Fallout itself was a mistake? No. I said not including a romance in Fallout was a mistake. Please read more carefully in the future, but don't worry, I post without reading carefully a lot myself, so it's not a big deal.

And who is MCA?

LOL

While I admit that I, too, am an incurable romantic, I must say that my favourite scene in Titanic is Leo heading for the ocean floor like there was a lead weight chained to his ankles...Sorry!

Heh, I always liked the part where she threw the $1,000,000,000+ diamond into the ocean, throwing all that money away, because it simply wasn't worth losing the love of her life for it. ;)

I also always wanted to come up and bitch slap her and take at away and say something along the lines of "WTF are you doing Grandma?!!" <_<

JT :rolleyes:

Adria:

"While I admit that I, too, am an incurable romantic, I must say that my favourite scene in Titanic is Leo heading for the ocean floor like there was a lead weight chained to his ankles...Sorry!"

*laughs* Don't worry, that's a common reaction. I watched it once with my stepfather. He fast-forwarded through all the "boring" part and the film was only thirty minutes long. He cheered at the end, as well, and then spent the next week talking about how stupid someone would have to be to throw away a diamond.

Ender,

I agree, a sloppy romance is worse than no romance. Given the number of NPCs and the comments on the board, I think I'm going to find all the interactions in this game (romantic and other) satisfying.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Opus:

" Ho yes, now i feel like laying down on a railroad track.

At this point, i think they should just ditch KOTORII and concentrate on the expantion : KOTOR - Hot Date..."

Spelling Buddy Sez:

Expansion

Hey, can I help it that I get all mushy? I'm a sap when it comes to love. I liked Titanic too. (Something I'd only admit in an anonymous forum)

Ha, Titanic. The only high point of that film was whatching DiCaprio's stiff body float away, a delightful scene which was promply ruined by the over weight house wife sobbing in the chair in front of me, ho dear.

Just recently however i whatched the movie 'Amilie' for the first time, which i thought was nothing short brilliant. Romances don't necessarely need to suck...

Just recently however i whatched the movie 'Amilie' for the first time, which i thought was nothing short brilliant. Romances don't necessarely need to suck...

A fine, underrated film.

I also highly recommend Delicatessen, and City of Lost Children by the same director.

The film was over-exposed. The film's love theme song was played to death on radio and video.

It wasn't a bad film, but it's become the "in thing" to slam it at every given opportunity. Besides people often remember to many details about the 4hr film to really hate it that much.

They can tell you details about scenes and lines. A little too much description if you know what I mean.

To get back on topic, I do hope that a romance story is introduced to the Sith Lords.

Titanic was the most trite peice of garbage i ever watched. I remember at the end of the film when little leo and big kate are floating in the water literally saying "c'mon hurry up and die already!!!". Of course my date failed to see the humor in my commentary. ;)

City of Lost children and Delicatessen rocked. The chain reaction sequence on the docks that started with a single tear [city of lost children] was so awesome.