What Does It Take To Make Game?

Craftsman

At a games simplest definition I would agree with Karzak.

When you try to make a game that is a monetary success then a game being simply fun won't make the cut. It might, but its not a guarantee. My idea of a fun game might be completely different than Karzaks. I would call Baldurs Gate a really fun and great game. Many here would completely disagree and say it is a waste of time and money.

At the heart of the matter though, if your game isn't fun for a lot of people...well chance of success is nearly zero.

EDIT: While a game being fun is an obvious no brainer, the question that is really being asked is what does it take to bring a fun game to the masses. How do you implement fun?

I fail to see how I misunderstood his question. He asked a very vague question and I tried to go into a bit of detail while you on the other hand throw out an answer as generic as the question asked which didn't help answer the question at all. Time can do a lot of things, how about going into a bit more detail about what to do with the time?

umm... what is QA?? ;)  :blink:

It's Q - & - A,

a question and answer session between the developers and their cats. Cats must answer correctly with one 'meow' for no, and two for yes. When one of the felines misses more that 3 questions, it is put down.

It's a vital part of any game's development, and no game can be truely 'good' without it.

Example : TOEE. No cats were killed during its production.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

I just wanted to know what u need to make games? Smart, good at maths? Please make a cheaklist type thing.

Cheers

Lots of caffeine. And Chris Parker looming over you like a shadow.

since ps:t your are my hero, do you mind if i follow you around and write; "what the man said", whenever you post something?

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

I just wanted to know what u need to make games? Smart, good at maths? Please make a cheaklist type thing.

Cheers

pretty much matches our list.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Cheers

pretty much matches our list.

HA! Good Fun!

He might be asking what software is used for game creation? Landscape/lighting/level creation software? Character creation software, etc?? Are they commercially available for an up and coming or would be game maker?