The Adventures of Gren Llast

Came across a portrait at https://kirileonard.com/illustrating-dnd-characters/

Loved the picture of Gren Llast, then read the story she had created for him.

kiri_leonard_gren_dnd_portrait_male_warr

Gren Llast, Human Fighter

Gren is a no-nonsense, vicious retired pirate captain, with no love for anyone (including himself). He has suffered a great trauma and has lost his way.

Decided to run through Pillars of Eternity on PoTD as him. Instead of Fighter, I chose to be a Rogue/Cipher.

How? Created as a Meadow Human Cipher from the Deadfire Archipelago. To match his Raider background I consoled in the abilities Sneak Attack, Crippling Strike, Dirty Fighting and the unobtainable talent Close Shooter; giving him the abilities and talents of a 3rd Level Rogue. Consoled Athletics, Survival and Mechanics as well. Equipped with Leather Armor, a pistol, and a Sabre.

Using IeMod with 25% increased XP. Will run through the the Camp and Ciant Lis as a straight rogue, using my cipher powers only after Thanos starts the Machine (The Machine unlocks my Cipher Abilities) and after talking with the Dwarf Animancer on the hanging tree (she explains what is happening and about my new abilities as a cipher.)

Edited by lightsfantastic
  • Like 2

This is fantastic!  Kind of mind blowing, and super complimentary as this is my D&D character (actually, I'm the DM and it's my main NPC) and Kiri is my wife.  

That said, your build also sounds super cool.  Have fun!

Very small world!

What grabbed me was the eyes. Gave me a “thousand yard stare” vibe. After I made it my desktop background I started seeing the little details; the scaring on the right side of the face down to the neck. Gap on the right eyebrow. The stubble with just a touch of grey whiskers, and grey at the temple. Very lived in leather armor you can imagine smells ‘lovely’ not to mention the dreads/braids.

You can say the portrait just up and slapped me the right way.

As I expected, with the rogue abilities Gren dominates my fights (finishing the Temple in Gilded Vale’) I did have to bump up the xp gain to 33% more to gain levels to keep it challenging. Taking on the spirits in the temple at 3rd level on PoTD is not fun. Just got him to 4th level!

No ai setting except defensive. Basically play him as a rogue with a pistol, fill up focus, then start using my cipher powers until expended and if the fight needs to go longer start over. Super fun.

The two color portraits of Locke look great too, especially the one from the back where she’s pulling off the wrappings.

Edited by lightsfantastic
  • Like 1