With some console testing:

Dual wielding (BB+BB or BB+Pistol)

Streetfighter base for the AoE deathblows.

Shadowdancer (helwalker/streetfighter) a.k.a. "The Pink Mist Dancer". to 1.1 reload speed  when dual wielding Fire in the hole and scordeo's trophy (before the attack speed procs) and it came with practically unlimited stunning surges (they refund cost when they crit) It felt like things died Very fast (swift strikes +street fighter = insane). Blunderbuss modal activated heating up AND the monk's crucible of suffering (+10 non deflection defenses) when it reapplied (removes first instance to put on a new instance procs the "when an effect expires" portion of CoS.

Holy Slayer (Bleakwalker/Streetfighter) #1, if you take "clear head" you will not be able to use blunderbuss modal to heat up (resistance to perception attacks). Got reload speed down to 1.5. FoD and Eternal devotion is awesome with the +fire and corrosion + aoe sickness. Higher defenses, lower dps. Less movement options than shadowdancer.

I prefer to use Debilitating strike over arterial strike for one reason, instead of kiting to drain them, my offhand hits with deathblows activated already from the double debuff on the mainhand and they just die instead.

So opening with debilitating strike = full attack = 1 attack from stealth and 1 deathblow attack = pink mist AoE.

Last point: fire in the hole and hand mortar are also Pierce/slash so you have less immune mobs to worry about (but still need scepters w/ crush for those occasional pierce and slash immune things).

Edited by Theosupus

I've been having some fun with this Savage frostseeker build:

You may not get the damage bonuses you'd find on a stalker, but Crushing Blow and the various action/recovery speed bonuses from Blood Frenzy and Bloodthirst mean more chances to land crits and trigger AoEs from Garland's Rake. Once you add Driving Flight, it becomes one of the best DPS classes period against groups.

Shadowdancer (helwalker/streetfighter) a.k.a. "The Pink Mist Dancer". to 1.1 reload speed when dual wielding Fire in the hole and scordeo's trophy (before the attack speed procs) and it came with practically unlimited stunning surges (they refund cost when they crit) It felt like things died Very fast (swift strikes +street fighter = insane). Blunderbuss modal activated heating up AND the monk's crucible of suffering (+10 non deflection defenses) when it reapplied (removes first instance to put on a new instance procs the "when an effect expires" portion of CoS.

Holy Slayer (Bleakwalker/Streetfighter) #1, if you take "clear head" you will not be able to use blunderbuss modal to heat up (resistance to perception attacks). Got reload speed down to 1.5. FoD and Eternal devotion is awesome with the +fire and corrosion + aoe sickness. Higher defenses, lower dps. Less movement options than shadowdancer.

I prefer to use Debilitating strike over arterial strike for one reason, instead of kiting to drain them, my offhand hits with deathblows activated already from the double debuff on the mainhand and they just die instead.

So opening with debilitating strike = full attack = 1 attack from stealth and 1 deathblow attack = pink mist AoE.

Last point: fire in the hole and hand mortar are also Pierce/slash so you have less immune mobs to worry about (but still need scepters w/ crush for those occasional pierce and slash immune things).

Just to clarify, the modal for Blunderbuss, does this count as body affliction? And Delibitating strike as well? This is for the Streetfighter passive buff Edited by sinsae

Shadowdancer (helwalker/streetfighter) a.k.a. "The Pink Mist Dancer". to 1.1 reload speed when dual wielding Fire in the hole and scordeo's trophy (before the attack speed procs) and it came with practically unlimited stunning surges (they refund cost when they crit) It felt like things died Very fast (swift strikes +street fighter = insane). Blunderbuss modal activated heating up AND the monk's crucible of suffering (+10 non deflection defenses) when it reapplied (removes first instance to put on a new instance procs the "when an effect expires" portion of CoS.

Just to clarify, the modal for Blunderbuss, does this count as body affliction? And Delibitating strike as well? This is for the Streetfighter passive buff

Distracted is a perception affliction and I think perception afflictions are mind afflictions. 

Body Afflictions = Might, Con, Dex

Mind Afflictions = Per, Int, Resolve

*I may be wrong, so take what I stated with a grain of iodized salt or two.

Just to clarify, the modal for Blunderbuss, does this count as body affliction? And Delibitating strike as well? This is for the Streetfighter passive buff

Distracted is a perception affliction and I think perception afflictions are mind afflictions. 

This is correct.

All PER afflictions cause the target to be flanked, which is how it activates the streetfighter passive.

This is correct.

All PER afflictions cause the target to be flanked, which is how it activates the streetfighter passive.

Sorry guys, Im having trouble understanding the tooltips so this is confusing for me. But if my thinking is correct, the modal from the blunderbuss + any affliction skill from rogue + me being flanked or bloodied = Streetfighter passive activation?

For Streetfighter speed, you only need 1 of:

1. Flanked status (either from actually being flanked or from ANY Perception debuff, including Blunderbuss Powder Burns modal or Blindness, like from Chill Fog) or

2. Blooded

You need both of those to also get +100% critical damage.

If you want the sneak attack damage (with Streetfighter boost), the enemy needs to be either:

1. Flanked or

2. Have ANY affliction

Easy-peasy

At high levels you may also get Deathblows ability, then the enemy needs to have 2 afflictions to trigger this effect.

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

At high levels you may also get Deathblows ability, then the enemy needs to have 2 afflictions to trigger this effect.

The great thing about PER afflictions is that they will activate deathblows by themselves (it's an affliction, and it also causes flanked).

This alone makes persistent distraction an absolute must on any melee rogue. Also a must on your tank if you have any rogues in your party; free damage! :grin:

Edited by thundercleese

It was more of a side note on PER afflictions, and why they are really strong for rogues. Also you can have a rogue MC tank take it which will give your ranged rogue easy sneak attack/deathblows.

Yeah fair enough I suppose :D

It was more of a side note on PER afflictions, and why they are really strong for rogues. Also you can have a rogue MC tank take it which will give your ranged rogue easy sneak attack/deathblows.

Wait is Persistent Distraction melee only? I was planning on taking it on my dual blunderbuss shadowdancer

Wait is Persistent Distraction melee only? I was planning on taking it on my dual blunderbuss shadowdancer

Works only on enemies you are engaging, iirc.

Yeah, engaged enemies become distracted. It also gives +1 engagement. Just put it on your tank, unless you are planning a solo build.