What happens if you skip ahead?

yeah you can do that and it "forwards" the game. ashen maw is not restricted in any way same as ukaizo. basically everything in the game is optional including hasongo, if you just buy the right ship upgrades and have a crew you can go directly to ukaizo too. 

some faction quests though have their own pattern and yeah going to ashen maw asap will unlock those last faction quests and I think you can do them and not even do Hosango. 

yeah you can do that and it "forwards" the game. ashen maw is not restricted in any way same as ukaizo. basically everything in the game is optional including hasongo, if you just buy the right ship upgrades and have a crew you can go directly to ukaizo too.

some faction quests though have their own pattern and yeah going to ashen maw asap will unlock those last faction quests and I think you can do them and not even do Hosango.

That makes sense! But someone said they still had the main quest for Hosongo after they did Ashen Maw, even though they essentially skipped a step. Do we know what happens then?

I assume Eothas doesn't talk to you there at that point.

yeah you can do that and it "forwards" the game. ashen maw is not restricted in any way same as ukaizo. basically everything in the game is optional including hasongo, if you just buy the right ship upgrades and have a crew you can go directly to ukaizo too.

That makes sense! But someone said they still had the main quest for Hosongo after they did Ashen Maw, even though they essentially skipped a step. Do we know what happens then?

I assume Eothas doesn't talk to you there at that point.

yes he does you can optionally do Hasonga after Ashen Maw but the conversation with Eothas will be the same - Eothas is in Ashen Maw basically throughout the whole game as well as probably in Ukaizo by "level design", it is a scripted interaction that does not change based on order you do the stuff in. I would not be surprised if Eothas is in Ashen Maw even after you reach Ukaizo in the end game and cheat/teleport out somehow. 

In Ashen Maw they try to prevent you from accessing the area again when you are inside the fire keep by creating a gap in the entrance map that the bridge/path there collapsed for instance, but you can use bounding boots to leap across the gap. 

Edited by 1TTFFSSE
  • Like 2

yeah you can do that and it "forwards" the game. ashen maw is not restricted in any way same as ukaizo. basically everything in the game is optional including hasongo, if you just buy the right ship upgrades and have a crew you can go directly to ukaizo too. 

So, if this is the case, what happens if you skip directly to Ukaizo?  Who do you fight?  Is it explained how the other factions know where it is?  I'm assuming the ending slide would be the same as the "go it alone" option.

• Like 1

So, if this is the case, what happens if you skip directly to Ukaizo?  Who do you fight?  Is it explained how the other factions know where it is?  I'm assuming the ending slide would be the same as the "go it alone" option.

You can't skip to Ukaizo, because the change in the map with the transition to it is a scripted event after Maw's destruction. 

Edited by Siegdarth