When will you fix city battles?

One of the most annoying thing, NPC that walk in middle of a battle waiting to be hit by an AOE attack. Got the feeling to play an old MMO like Ultima Online where griefers do all their possible to be hit by you so they can gang you.

NPC need a basic AI behavior that push them to avoid battle! Why design city battles and don't think about NPC & Guard in first place? Their behavior make no sens and it ruin battles for player. It's a big flaw, it would have been better to put city battles in small maps without any neutral NPC, or write up a logical behavior.

• Like 6

Aye, given that random NPCs in the street already have all sorts of scripted behaviors, it doesn't seem too crazy to expect them to run away when a fight starts, and then come back when it ends.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I'm wondering if that's something that could be added with a mod.  I haven't checked out the modding community yet, as  I want to finish the game first without any mods.  There were a couple mods for Skyrim called "When Dragons Attack" & "When Vampires Attack", those mods changed the AI behavior of NPCs to run away during those attacks.  Would that be possible with the modding tools available for Deadfire?

During the development stage, they teased NPC reactions such as cowering in fear and running away.

If these aren't working for enemy attacks, they should be able to be added.

I can't remember getting into many fights near civilians in my last playthrough (my watcher was too diplomatic and nice) but I will in my current. So I'll look out for this.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

As I said in another thread, they do react to battles in the city, but not necessarily in a smart way. For example, I've seen some walk into a battle and say "look, it's the Watcher from the docks...", as if city battles were just the typical daily event in Neketaka. :facepalm:

I’m sure that’s just the way things go in the Gullet. Don’t have the time to watch every street fight.

As I said in another thread, they do react to battles in the city, but not necessarily in a smart way. For example, I've seen some walk into a battle and say "look, it's the Watcher from the docks...", as if city battles were just the typical daily event in Neketaka. :facepalm:

I’m sure that’s just the way things go in the Gullet. Don’t have the time to watch every street fight.

That was in the Sacred Stair. Maybe it is not that different from the Gullet...

sign.jpg

That was in the Sacred Stair. Maybe it is not that different from the Gullet...

Oh! That fight... The one where you have to hit the golems for 10 minutes straight then move to the next one.

The NPCs helped me out in that one because whenever they were hit with fire breath, they healed my party with chants and invocations :p

• Like 1

During the development stage, they teased NPC reactions such as cowering in fear and running away.

If these aren't working for enemy attacks, they should be able to be added.

Reactions work fine, but not everywhere. I'd guess most random "civilian" NPC's don't have that AI script.

Edited by prodigydancer