New playable races (or godlike types) in future games?

What do you think: is it possible to see new playable races (or godlike types) in future games, DLC?

Or its just not illogical - to make new playable races because you are not a new character in this adventure (you continue your epic adventures in Eora as Watcther for POE I).

In the other hand - you can change race even if you transfer saves from POE I. 

I even asked Alex Scokel during stream last week - is it lore ok to change race in POE II if you transfer your save. And he said - it's ok!).

• Like 1

In future games from POE world maybe (if they ever come, Deadfire did not break any sales records sadly)
In DLCs it's unlikely for playbale characters, due to the fact that NPCs react to your race, and the would need to add it for each new race to vanilla game as well as to existing DLC (too much work)
We'll for sure get some new race/types characters as sideckicks/companions in DLC.
"Vatnir" was just announced as a sidekick from "Beast of Winter" DLC. He's a Endings Godlike (Rymrgand connected), and he looks really sweet. Since he's priest we won't have to endure Xoti anymore, yay!

There are quite a few godlikes that exist in world but aren't playable: we've already got avian (Pallegina, Hylea connected), marine (or whatever it is: Tekehu, Ondra connected), and now ending. If there are future games, it would be cool to play as one of them (and it wouldn't be too much work: most reactions to godlike don't vary based on subtype, and I've yet to find any affected by "base race"). What I really want to see, though, are godlike connected to Abydon or to Wael.

• Like 2

\

I even asked Alex Scokel during stream last week - is it lore ok to change race in POE II if you transfer your save. And he said - it's ok!).

I'm confused as to why you asked permission to do something in a video game

There are quite a few godlikes that exist in world but aren't playable: we've already got avian (Pallegina, Hylea connected), marine (or whatever it is: Tekehu, Ondra connected), and now ending. If there are future games, it would be cool to play as one of them (and it wouldn't be too much work: most reactions to godlike don't vary based on subtype, and I've yet to find any affected by "base race"). What I really want to see, though, are godlike connected to Abydon or to Wael.

I hope so too! About New playable types would be awesome! Some gods for me are more inteteresting to be connected with than other (whose godlike already represented in the game).

\

It's not exactly permission! It's just pretty to know, that your choice could be predicted by lore authors.

I kind of like the idea of switching from a non-godlike race to Death godlike, to represent your new connection to Berath, but everyone else's reaction suggests that didn't happen.

I hope so too! About New playable types would be awesome! Some gods for me are more inteteresting to be connected with than other (whose godlike already represented in the game).

\

It's not exactly permission! It's just pretty to know, that your choice could be predicted by lore authors.

Adding more and more races/subraces with each installements creates an obvious issue of added work - the more of those the more design/writing is required for each sequel.

I would like to see more or even other races. After finding in Deadfire that “wilder” are much smarter than I assumed, a “wilder PoE RPG” seems like an appealing proposition to me. As fascinating as Godlike are, a dedicated “godlike” campaign fully exploring variety, rarity and oddness of Godlike might be fun.

• Like 2

Adding more and more races/subraces with each installements creates an obvious issue of added work - the more of those the more design/writing is required for each sequel.

I would like to see more or even other races. After finding in Deadfire that “wilder” are much smarter than I assumed, a “wilder PoE RPG” seems like an appealing proposition to me. As fascinating as Godlike are, a dedicated “godlike” campaign fully exploring variety, rarity and oddness of Godlike might be fun.

Sound like spinoff in POE! Could be interesting to play for another character in Eora world. With no harm for main POE storyline!