That make no sense, if you switch to per encounter economy, make everything based on per encounter. per Rest system (and rest) feel out of place (outside stuff like figurines perhaps).

Fight > Rest.

Trigger a trap > Rest

Trigger a trap 5 sec later > Rest

Why not remove rest system and make food a consumable that stay until you're downed?

Restrain rest to the ship & inn? So you'll have to be more cautious with injuries?

On paper the game switched to a per encounter system, but you still have/can rest after each fight/problem to restor some of your resources. I'm curious to play pathfinder and it's old school rest management (perhaps I'll not like it, dunno), but actual system feel like they chill out to abandon old system.

That make no sense, if you switch to per encounter economy, make everything based on per encounter. per Rest system (and rest) feel out of place (outside stuff like figurines perhaps).

Fight > Rest.

Trigger a trap > Rest

Trigger a trap 5 sec later > Rest

Why not remove rest system and make food a consumable that stay until you're downed?

Restrain rest to the ship & inn? So you'll have to be more cautious with injuries?

On paper the game switched to a per encounter system, but you still have/can rest after each fight/problem to restor some of your resources. I'm curious to play pathfinder and it's old school rest management (perhaps I'll not like it, dunno), but actual system feel like they chill out to abandon old system.

I don't mind the items that have per-rest active abilities, but I really dislike it with respect to triggered passives. It's entirely possible not to realize that you've lost a critical part of your build's defensive package.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

• 3 years later...

i just realized this, too.

I think it wouldn't be totally game breaking if these skills were per encounter, but I  suppose devs wanted this to be used during boss fights or end game encounters. 

I used this cloak a lot, I'd just switch it for something else after all the charges were gone. There were times when the 1st or 2nd spell were triggered, but not the third, so it can be used on multiple encounters. I like the per rest mechanic because it allows for more powerful enchantments and forces you to use a variety of items.