Minor Dialogue Bug - Cruel Cargo

Equip Monk

Question

If the player kills the slavers in Crookspur and informs the Royal Deadfire Company of the vacancy before arriving on Ori o Koiki and accepting the "Cruel Cargo" quest from the Wahaki chieftain, when speaking to Ruasare for the first time, the player will be taken through the following exchange of dialogue. This presents an error in continuity, as the player had never made any promises to Ruasare, yet is accused of betraying their word, and will be told not to return to the island.
I went through this conversation several times and having made my previous choices, there seems to be no way to avoid earning Ruasare's scorn by simply not turning in Master Kua's head, as the player is forced through this chain of dialogue upon approaching Ruasare for the first time.

post-213726-0-94392200-1532030832_thumb.png

post-213726-0-80892500-1532030842_thumb.png

3 answers to this question

Hi Equip Monk,

Ruasare's response in these circumstances does seem a bit nonsensical with the circumstances that you've detailed. I've added your issue to our database for our developers to look into. In the meantime, could you also provide us with a save file specifically where you haven't talked to Ruasare yet, but have just arrived at Crookspur?

Thanks!

Hi Equip Monk,

Ruasare's response in these circumstances does seem a bit nonsensical with the circumstances that you've detailed. I've added your issue to our database for our developers to look into. In the meantime, could you also provide us with a save file specifically where you haven't talked to Ruasare yet, but have just arrived at Crookspur?

Thanks!

My autosave made upon arriving at Ori o Koiki has been overwritten but here's me after poking around in stealth, and before talking to anyone on the island.

I don't have any saves from before I cleared out Crookspur, I did all that maybe 20 or 30 hours of gameplay ago, and unfortunately I've only been keeping one manual save.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cg82bw3nx1gpcn9/Hassan+%28OrioKoiki%29+%2861b80152-d812-4563-816f-620834c20fb7%29+%28780142293%29.savegame

Edited by Equip Monk