SDCC 2018

SonicMage117

(SDCC means San Diego Comic Con)

It has begun and I thought it deserved it's own thread.

And I was right. Tons of great stuff has been revealed and such. If you have a favorite thing to discuss or a video you've seen, feel free to post it. There are floor videos that I will post a litle later (they are live right now).

• Like 4

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Ugh, no.

If you don't like the idea of the thread, you don't have to comment with snide remarks, you can move on.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Godzilla King Of The Monsters teaser

Doctor Who 11 teaser

FLOOR TOURS, who doesn't love them? :)

The new showcase models are more detailed than they were in... Oh wait they were never close to being this detailed. They just look gorious!

In-depth adult talks...

^live atm and cosplayer showcase

Edited by SonicMage117

Predator seems to have some humor what will offend liberals and sjw, people who gained early access to the screening say they are curious to see how the humor will be recieved... On the other end, it's been confirmed that the new Predator film is indeed connected in canon lore to AvP (Alien Vs Predator films) which can only be a good thing, those were great movies and awesome games!

"The Clone Wars are returning..." Were they ever really gone? This is the series that had higher ratings than the movies, Star Wars fans are rejoicing as they should be. We finally get a real closure after all these years to fill those plotholes. General Jar Jar, we need you!

Star Wars: Rebels > Star Wars: Clone Wars

They should stick with new characters and new stories. Interesting art style though.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Once in awhile we get those games which we don't even need to play to know it's a phenomenal game. Spiderman PS4 is one of those games. Here's the SDCC take on Spiderman PS4.

Grown men playing with new Lego builds. Why? Well you'd be surprised how many men build Legos and keep them as collectibles (not because they have kids). Star Wars talk while building.

Walking Dead 9

Trevor (from GTAV) interview, he sure has alot to say lmao!

I'm pretty excited that we're finally getting Siege of Mandalore. I'd hoped for something like a movie, but a whole 12 episode season is better.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Fair enough,

Here is something you may enjoy!

And maybe

Not much to say... A new DBZ movie with the usual samey stuff.

I will raise my children on this version of TMNT. It actually looks better than the 90's version I grew up with. So there's that.

Edited by SonicMage117

Better Call Saul SDCC trailer

Impulse season 2

^Never heard of either show til now, they must be for people who live under rocks?

A true cyberpunk series emerges!!!

https://youtu.be/u-94-Vxbctc

Looks like a mix of Deus Ex y El Matrix G.

Fear The Wakling Dead Season 4

Well, it's zombies - take it for what it is teehee

I always welcome good horror films, thank you SDCC!!!

I wish there’d be more coverage about, you know...comics at Comic Con.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I wish there’d be more coverage about, you know...comics at Comic Con.

Oh there is, I just haven't really posted the news yet, I'll get to it once the convention is completely over and I find a summary video that I like :) but also, since the very first San Diego comic convention was held, there was always announcements for movies, shows, cartoons, among other things. Some things even got banned if I remember correctly.

Nothing really landing for me, a lot of these scifi/cyberpunk projects really seem to just be chasing each other's tales and rehashing the oldest tropes and set-pieces of their respective mediums. Female Doctor looks solid for those fans. The GTAV conversation was interesting. Of course Better Call Saul will be solid.

Honestly, the comic / fantastical fiction industry really seems depleted with their operating costs needs, they seem to constantly focus on selling to new upcoming audiences that have yet to experience something but refuse to indulge the entertainment of a past generation. At this point I just want to know what the next new big GoT or HP will be. I guess Westworld is sort of that at the moment.

• Like 1

I think that's one of the things I love about the comic book industry, writers are basically now trolling the audiences by doing the exact opposite of what die-hard fans demand/expect, and if it's not that, it's anti-republican sjw and feminism agenda infiltrating the industry (as with any industry these days). Leave it to old-school Batman fans to complain about an all-girl heroes DC team or even more unbearing, hearing old-school Hulk fans complain about New-School Teenage Hulk - who isn't anywhere as smart as David Banner but somehow can control all emotions of Hulk form thus not needing anger to tranform or become more powerful. At the same time, the hate is useless as we do have attention to our lovable classic style herpes.

That said, the comic book industry has some of the most divided fanbase, the hate from ancient fans on things like "The New Avengers" or "Young Justice" is imparitive to what lies beneath - that new characters are only getting better and the older characters are well... just getting old but thankfully not forgotten. I'm just glad that lingo in comic books and in cartoons are makimg sense now. It kinda reminds me of the old vs new Tomb Raider fanbase only on a much more massive scale and with many more variables.

The streaming service will be a huge success, as will the Teen Titans Go movie,but I put trust that the streaming service will restore their financial losses alone. At $12.99 it's a whole $4.00 than Amazon Prime.... but at least quality is there around every turn which Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu often lack.

That's not really the divide I'm talking about. What seems to be trolling is often just people speaking with the only medium they have power in, and degrading the quality of their own writing to do it. All while reconstructing established characters which are beloved by more than far-right straight white bigots.

I was more talking about how the industry doesn't really sell to people who have already experienced most stories. Coming up with something new in the canon of entertainment is low priority when you can repackage an old story with some fresh varnish and market it as some ground breaking piece of media to a naive new audience. Throw in some pandering and selling this generation on the idea they are different than the past, and boom. You have a profitable product on your hands.

It must be pretty soul sucking to be the creative type, but stuck working with someone else's IP or what is essentially a recasting.

• Like 1

Preferences aside, both of these look great. Strange they used The Evil Within's score though.

Finally... the real Aquaman trailer has been released. You can thank Comic Con

The SDCC trailer for Star Trek Discovery

Fantastic Crimes: The Beasts Of Grindlewald