Patch Notes for 1.2.2.0033

Hello everyone!

We have a small patch for you all today. For those who were not able to participate in the Steam Scavenger Hunt, we have made the unique items available in game via the Berath's Blessings Vendor in Port Maje. Please see below for a few other fixes we wanted to get in before the 2.0 patch in a couple weeks!

This patch is now available on Steam, Origin, & GOG. For GOG Linux users, there may be a slight delay (couple of hours) before the patch becomes available. This patch will be available on MacPlay as soon as Apple reviews and approves the update.

Version 1.2.2.0033 Patch Notes

• The Vendor in Port Maje, unlocked via Berath's Blessings, now sells the following items (if the party does not already own them):
    • Scavenger's Lantern
    • Stinky Pete
    • Cloak of Berath
    • Sails of Berath
    • Cutthroat Cosmo
  • If Maia leaves the party, she will only send 1 letter about her departure.
  • Retraining now properly restores Level 1 abilities that were upgraded (and replaced) at later levels. Fix applies to character created on patch 1.2.2 or later.
  • Missing Strings (in Portuguese) have been added to the Mod Manager Interface.
  • Passive Ability Icons in the character level up screen now appear as circles again (instead of squares).
  • Furrante's Ship has been moved closer to Port Maje to ensure the encounter occurs before the player reaches Neketaka.
  • Like 12

If I unlocked all scavanger codes/items using steam account, but now have gog copy, will I still be able to access those items if i buy steam copy of the game some time later?

You will still be granted them in the regular way on your steam account if/when you acquired the game there. Also, if you already have the items when you go to the vendor, they will not appear in the vendor's store.

Still can't enter the Engwithan Sub-Level even after patch 1.2. All other areas load fine, just this particular dungeon. And are there plans to change Vela's dialogue or are we stuck with the generic ones. 

• Retraining now properly restores Level 1 abilities that were upgraded (and replaced) at later levels. Fix applies to character created on patch 1.2.2 or later.

so, the fix we have been waiting for since release is arrived, but from practical pov the actual solution available to us is same today as it were in may and june: restart game with a new character.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

so, the fix we have been waiting for since release is arrived, but from practical pov the actual solution available to us is same today as it were in may and june: restart game with a new character.

HA! Good Fun!

:grin:

Maybe try not picking things at level 1 that suck

every patch rebalances talents and skills and items.  most o' the low level buffs, such as holy meditation, got buffs. on the other hand, triumph of the crusaders, a level four talent available to our contemplative only after reaching level ten (not level one) got a significant nerf post release.  obsidian made changes to our character after we invested tens of hours into a game.  the point o' retrain is, in part, so we need not restart a game to take advantage o' changes to game by obsidian or due to epiphany moments resulting from many hours o' gameplay. this "fix" results in us utilize a restart to take advantage o' the correction... which largely defeats the need. 

oh, and in the very definition o' "people unclear on the concept," you miss the fact that it is the level one abilities which we lose with retrain in a pre 1.2.2 scenario.  the reason for the complaint is we  is robbed o' the highly efficacious level 1 monk abilities we chose at character creation by utilizing retrain. 

*insert eye roll here*

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Gromnir did you just shout your own name

Maybe try not picking things at level 1 that suck

every patch rebalances talents and skills and items.  most o' the low level buffs, such as holy meditation, got buffs. on the other hand, triumph of the crusaders, a level four talent available to our contemplative only after reaching level ten (not level one) got a significant nerf post release.  obsidian made changes to our character after we invested tens of hours into a game.  the point o' retrain is, in part, so we need not restart a game to take advantage o' changes to game by obsidian or due to epiphany moments resulting from many hours o' gameplay. this "fix" results in us utilize a restart to take advantage o' the correction... which largely defeats the need. 

oh, and in the very definition o' "people unclear on the concept," you miss the fact that it is the level one abilities which we lose with retrain in a pre 1.2.2 scenario.  the reason for the complaint is we  is robbed o' the highly efficacious level 1 monk abilities we chose at character creation by utilizing retrain. 

*insert eye roll here*

HA! Good Fun!

Also: responding to "wow this bug sure is an obnoxious bug and you sure haven't fixed it for most intents and purposes," with "git gud" strikes me as ... entirely missing the point? A bug is a bug, just because you can get around it by planning your build from level 1 doesn't make it any less of a bug.

• Like 3

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

am willing to accept the proposition that Gromnir is playing nicholson's role and is a smidge crazy, but it not change our ultimate question: is this as good as it gets?  is this the final "solution" to what would appear to be a pernicious bug?  perhaps obsidian gave it 100% effort and still came up short on a solution. not ideal, but am recognizing how in game development any number o' desirable fixes is ultimate sacrificed on the altar o' pragmatism.  however, in light o' changes resulting from obsidian balancing, we stopped playing a couple characters after tens of hours invested in respective games.  our hope were retrain would be fixed at some point. 

so, we needs ask again: is this as good as it gets?  we do not necessarily need a fix, but an answer would be o' little cost to obsidian... and it would be the right thing to do in any event.  if this is the terminus o' efforts to fix retrain, then tell us so.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

small consolation, but in case those characters can never be re-trained, B:TAS is confirmed for blu-ray release near future, box art and pre-order available now

*October 16, including Mask of the Phantasm remaster

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Hopefully, this means that I'll never experience Maia's letter spam in my next playthrough, nor a broken party member respeccing service. A big thumbs up for that! 

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

[We have a small patch for you all today.]

it's 22GB, how is this a "small" patch ?

The whole game is 22 GB, probably you are downloading from the wrong link.

Last patch is something like 7-10 MB (the main patch) plus various updated DLC updateds you reach something like 160-165 MB , so check better what you are  downloading

If I unlocked all scavanger codes/items using steam account, but now have gog copy, will I still be able to access those items if i buy steam copy of the game some time later?

You will still be granted them in the regular way on your steam account if/when you acquired the game there. Also, if you already have the items when you go to the vendor, they will not appear in the vendor's store.

But if we found them in the scavenger hunt, will we get them free - or will we have to buy them from the vendor if we have gog?

[We have a small patch for you all today.]

it's 22GB, how is this a "small" patch ?

The whole game is 22 GB, probably you are downloading from the wrong link.

Last patch is something like 7-10 MB (the main patch) plus various updated DLC updateds you reach something like 160-165 MB , so check better what you are  downloading

IIRC Humble doesn't do patching properly, and forces a complete reinstall.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I am not shure if this is the right place to write, but having more trigger conditions for the custom AI would be nice. Detection of specific character abilities (Mark, Dance of Death, weapon modals effects) and consumables (drugs, poisons). Would be great to automate ganking the marked enemy, or make the cipher to use his dominate on a taget hit with a club, or the nalpazca monk to use a dose wenever in combat the crush kicks in.

Hey, you wanna hear a good joke?

Nobody speak, nobody get choked

• 2 weeks later...