Finished! Few days ago, now is time for review

Firstly, I'm huge fan of Baldur's Gate 2 enhanced edition, Neverwinter Nights series, Divinity Original Sin 2 and Icewind Dale 2. Other games didn't grip me as much.

I'm also 24 in September, so Baldur's Gate series is bit old for me, to have played it as soon as it had released.

Let me tell you this: I fond combat mechanic superb, I love sheer options for multiclasses and subclasses. I finished the game as Celebrant on relaxed difficulty and I quite enjoyed it. I also often do most easier difficulty. Did a full party, even though I would preferred six party members, but oh well.

I run out of spells from time to time, luckily celebrant is part chanter, so he can have almost infinite number of casts - until she's knocked out.

But I just reload of needed.

I'm planning to do another go when Beast of Winter comes.

I done mixed party and done some companion quests. I done very large number of quest, but somehow missed few of them.

I skipped through most dialogues, only paying attention for diplomatic/rational/kind responses and it's not that hard for me to accomplish that, since I always skipp dialogue in videogames and still do right responses.

It's late here and I haven't slept for a night, so I will probably edit it later.

• Like 1

What? It's true story. Being kind is often rewarding and most games prefer kind approach.

I was responding more to the "skipping most dialogues" bit. :p

Well, it isn't so hard. Just hit continue as fast as you can and you'll still be briefed either in quest log or last dialogue before you choose response.

I skipped through most dialogues, only paying attention for diplomatic/rational/kind responses and it's not that hard for me to accomplish that, since I always skipp di

That hurt me in my soul. I'm glad you played the way you wanted and still got to enjoy things but oh god....that's like when my friend used to skip every Morrowind dialogue when I was watching him play. He missed so much context.

• Like 1

What? It's true story. Being kind is often rewarding and most games prefer kind approach.

I was responding more to the "skipping most dialogues" bit. :p

Well, it isn't so hard. Just hit continue as fast as you can and you'll still be briefed either in quest log or last dialogue before you choose response.

OMG YOU'RE TRIGGERING ME SO MUCH, STAAAHP

(As an aside, congrats for your country's performance at the World Cup!)

Edited by algroth
  • Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I love how trolly that was, haha.  Even if it wasn't on purpose.  Got both the BG2 fans that hate the combat and the PoE fans that like the writing.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game either way!

• Like 3

I skipped through most dialogues, only paying attention for diplomatic/rational/kind responses and it's not that hard for me to accomplish that, since I always skipp di

That hurt me in my soul. I'm glad you played the way you wanted and still got to enjoy things but oh god....that's like when my friend used to skip every Morrowind dialogue when I was watching him play. He missed so much context.

That's how my family is whenever I get them to play a game. :( I feel your pain.

• Like 2

I used to be just the opposite. During important conversations, I would read and click through each conversation path, then reload and choose the one that had the best outcome. That also helps where you dont have to replay the game because youve already "seen it all".

Aside, Im curuios about people who replay these type games with a "new class". Youre already directly controlling 5-6 different classes (more with multiclass) per party, whats the difference if its your "main" or just another NPC?

• Like 1

I used to be just the opposite. During important conversations, I would read and click through each conversation path, then reload and choose the one that had the best outcome. That also helps where you dont have to replay the game because youve already "seen it all".

Aside, Im curuios about people who replay these type games with a "new class". Youre already directly controlling 5-6 different classes (more with multiclass) per party, whats the difference if its your "main" or just another NPC?

Well, I haven't tried  Inquisitor multiclass and i definitely plan to try spiritualist and mystic, and of course Oracle and Tempest. These classes aren't represented by companions and there's more companions + sidekick than party members, and many multiclasses may not be good support for your chosen class or your new class would make exellent team with new companions.

Or you just want a roleplay a druid and be a druid with your own spells, and may not like that marine godlike.

• Like 1

Of course, playing the game because the rules and liking the classes doesn't mean you won't enjoy second playthrough with same or different class just due to game mechanic being rewarding in term of stats, items, character creation, etc... I played IWD2 with same party for a number of times and it was rewarding, even though it dragged on too much and I never finish it.

Huh. Ive never replayed an cRPG, not even my precious BG series. For me, 6 party members, each of which is dual/multi class, means I was already playing 12 different classes at the same time. I suppose I didn't see every possible configuration but I got the lions share and that is good enough for me.

Lots of little things. I’ll play something complete different, pick different companions, and choose different classes. For example, first run was the usual Benevolent run with Eder, Good Xoti, Pallegina, and Tekehu. Second run will be incredibly cruel run with Leader Aloth, Maia, Serafen, and someone else. Maybe Evil Xoti or just a sidekick.
  • Like 2