As the title suggests, I just recently bought the game and interested in the Barbarian class. I like the theme of the class itself, sort of like a you're locked in here with me vibe. Just can't decide on wether to choose Monk, Paladin or Fighter.

I plan to duall wield while being accompanied by my companions. So I take it Berserker isn't a good way to go? Also, what should my attributes look like?

Thanks in advance.

I really like Barbarian on POE2. It have a great balance of passives and actives.

But depends on your playstyle. I'm having a blast playing with Warlock (Barb + Wiz enchanter). The self buffs are great.  5+ int +5 dex +5 cons +15% action speed + 5 or + 3 armor +5  def for all elements, protection vs spells.

My idea with the build is to use heavy armor, 2 handed (also works with dual wield) and be a fast attacking tank with a lot of flexibility against all situations.

The stats also depends of you playstyle. I'm not a min-max player, i like to roleplay a lot and stay in a specific way. So i don't go for low stats, but i have and i idea of how it should be.

Min-max
Not considering pets or gear, only spells.
Might - 15 (most of the game's gear are cons or str related)  20 with buffs
Cons - 12 (most of the game's gear are cons or str related)   17 with buffs
Dex - 18 :  23 with buffs

Per- 12 :
Int -18 :23 with buffs
Res - 3

You can have a low Res if you pretend to use Devil of Charoc or dual wield Modwyr ( they give you immunity to mind afflictions) and since your  armor will be absurdly high ( about 16 to 18 with legendary gear and spells or 20 if you are zerk or using patinated armor, or 22 if both) deflection and cons are not a priority.

Did monk/barb and fighter/barb. After the changes in the 1.1 patch i got bored of those. Hate the time you need to build wounds to get the buffs and fighter nerfs took away what i loved most about it.

Playing a single class Berserker right now and having a blast. I maxed Might and Con. With absurdly high health and armor the barbarian can take a beating while beating the crap out of enemies. Single class is fine if you can't decide which way to go multiclassing. Heart of Fury is worth it.

Playing a single class Berserker right now and having a blast. I maxed Might and Con. With absurdly high health and armor the barbarian can take a beating while beating the crap out of enemies. Single class is fine if you can't decide which way to go multiclassing. Heart of Fury is worth it.

And let's not forget the full attack AoE retaliation when critically hit