Bard's Tale IV and flop of 3 abilities per character

Melusina

Kickstarter age inXile has never, ever released a polished product; everything about the game on your screen screams awkward. They make early Obsidian look like Bioware in that regard.

They just really seem to have trouble getting genuine RPG-making talent to come through. They're a second-rate studio with their heart in their right place, which is tragic, because I'd love for them to have become powerhouses churning these things out.

Kickstarter age inXile has never, ever released a polished product; everything about the game on your screen screams awkward. They make early Obsidian look like Bioware in that regard.

My biggest gripe since it is the one thing they can probably not patch is the saving system. While out questing you're essentially running across one time saving pillars in the world you can either rub for saving the game once or getting experience.

It adds a certain element of dread to the game of course, but the systme is ridiculous considering one can't skip cutscenes and might lose an hour worth of progress to a technical issue.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm glad I can wait until they're done with the patches and decide then if I still want it. I just don't understand why they've rushed it out now. This month is full of RPG releases. They could have had a better start if they had waited another month or two. Now they have to compete with Pathfinder: Kingmaker, InSomnia, the next PoE II DLC, and at least two jrpgs. I don't get it. Who made this decision?

I refrained from installing it at 53150 MB download on Steam. I backed at the lowest possible get-the-game level, and so far the nicest bit has been the remastered Bard's Tale trilogy.

Oh, yeah. Backing the game was worth it for the remastered trilogy alone, so it's not all bad. :)

My biggest gripe since it is the one thing they can probably not patch is the saving system. While out questing you're essentially running across one time saving pillars in the world you can either rub for saving the game once or getting experience.

It adds a certain element of dread to the game of course, but the systme is ridiculous considering one can't skip cutscenes and might lose an hour worth of progress to a technical issue.

I was under the impression that following pushback on their forums when this was initially announced they made saving easier at least on lower difficulty levels. Is this not correct?

I was under the impression that following pushback on their forums when this was initially announced they made saving easier at least on lower difficulty levels. Is this not correct?

I have no idea how saving was before so  I can't really answer that. There are one-off save game stones in between, but they only let you save once before going inactive - or use them up to get experience. It could be that they added these in later and that the only reusable stones were actually in Skara Brae Below before the complaints.

So just like the old games where saving was only possible in the guild. Meh.

I have no idea how saving was before so  I can't really answer that. There are one-off save game stones in between, but they only let you save once before going inactive - or use them up to get experience. It could be that they added these in later and that the only reusable stones were actually in Skara Brae Below before the complaints.

So just like the old games where saving was only possible in the guild. Meh.

One-off stones become available to use again if you bind them when you bind another stone. But if you consume them I think they are gone forever.

Wasteland 2 =   Awesome

Torment = Whateves

Bard's Tale 4 = HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is pretty darn accurate! I played WL2 like 100+ hours, a game I got for free via my backing PoE1, and apart from a few game-breaking bugs in that final city present at release, I had so much fun playing it. Bard's Tale 4 borders on mockery, from what I'm gathering.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

WL2 was damn near perfect. You just lost what you didn't have - your credibility. :)

Sure was perfect with all the locked and trapped containers on every corner, or the ever repeating, boring and tedious combat encounters on the worldmap, or the rather linear story in the second half of the game, or how you were spamming the perception skill at all times... I'm too lazy right now to think of more things that had been damn near perfect.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Still Wasteland 2 has or had a truckton of problems that make me not wanting to replay it ever again.

I had it removed from my Steam library and gave my collector's edition away to a coworker. What a mess.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

• 2 weeks later...

Man, they really botched Gog stupport. No achievements (for those who care) but also they're using the outdated patch system so each patch is humongous and has to go through Gog instead of them uploading it themselves.

Downloading the entire game with each patch is like...no, just no... I'll just sit back and wait until they're "patched-out".

Edited by marelooke