There will always be classes that perform differently. There will be a limit where "balancing" can even out the performances.

This allows the gamer to further fine-tune their own level of difficulty they want. Want a bigger challenge? Stop using classes that are clearly overpowered. And before replying and stating it always preferable to use overpowered classes, remember - playing the game in unconventional ways like solo are forms of self-restriction in itself.

The point of these types of discussions is to identify outliers and discuss if action “should” be taken. This isn’t a PvP or MMO where detuning a build imperils a player’s rating or combat advantage. We can all play any class or combo, so equality is guaranteed. Furthermore, if we must rely upon mods for balance, why touch any class after release (outside of bugs)? Don’t like? Mod it! Not that I believe this is the answer... but fun.

If we lose the power of discourse, we can just go to YouTube for builds, strategies, and walkthroughs. I like the banter, witty or half-witted, it keeps me interested in the game and hopefully helps the devs gain some perspective.

• Like 1

The point of these types of discussions is to identify outliers and discuss if action “should” be taken. This isn’t a PvP or MMO where detuning a build imperils a player’s rating or combat advantage. We can all play any class or combo, so equality is guaranteed. Furthermore, if we must rely upon mods for balance, why touch any class after release (outside of bugs)? Don’t like? Mod it! Not that I believe this is the answer... but fun.

If we lose the power of discourse, we can just go to YouTube for builds, strategies, and walkthroughs. I like the banter, witty or half-witted, it keeps me interested in the game and hopefully helps the devs gain some perspective.

So should the devs nerf walking or not? It’s pretty OP at the moment. I was able to finish Port Maje in about an hr and a half at the current walking speed

I didnt want to say it but yeah they are vastly more powerful then all classes with the execption of a wizard.

Persistent distraction is insane for setting up sneak attack and deathblows. I think these three abilities are the reason most people roll multi rogues. Crippling strike is also insane with a +2 pen and +25% damage for a level 1 ability.

You certainly cant go wrong with a rogue

Question...where did the term "overtuned" come from? Never heard it before.

MMORPG games. I first saw that term years ago in World of Warcraft. It's a common term in these kind of games because they need to be constantly balanced. It is not usually used in single-player games, because who does constant balance changes in single-player games?

..oh wait.

Persistant Distraction is way too powerful. I'm not sure how to balance it, but the enemy you are attacking?

That would be a way to fix it.

I'm thinking the distraction would last 5-6 secs (A little longer than 2-hand recovery, basically) and you have to hit an enemy for it to proc (versus defenses, maybe reflex or will)

Honestly, though, I hardly use it so changing it would only hurt people other than myself, which kinda sucks.

Has anyone tried a solo monk/rogue? I bet it's pretty good single target wise, but what is with AoE damage?

Use aoe weapon like whispers of endless paths/ or wahai paroga when doing aoe vs 4+ targets. If targets drop bellow 3 switch to dual wielding or something like voidwheel

i guess you can also spam torments reach

Has anyone tried a solo monk/rogue? I bet it's pretty good single target wise, but what is with AoE damage?

Trickster/Monk can do some impressive retaliation shenanigans, which helps a lot with groups. Flagellant's Path is also a solid AoE, although it comes pretty late. Otherwise? Wahai Poraga is your friend.

Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.