[Bug/Oversight][Location][Quest] Door to The Hanging Sepulchers still closed after going back to The Sacred Stair taking the Door exit

Morpten

Question

Decided to take the alternate, indirect route to The Hanging Sepulchers from The Sacred Stair:

drxt01.png

The direct "Door" route I left untouched and closed:

drxt02.png

After being done and having concluded everything in The Hanging Sepulchers I then decided to not go back again to The Sacred Stair using the "Catacomb's Tunnels" exit (the way I entered The Hanging Sepulchers) but to take the "regular" exit to the south instead:

drxt03.png

drxt04.png

Why is the door still firmly shut then? Does the Watcher and the companions possess the ability to phase through solid matter all of sudden?

drxt02.png

8 answers to this question

Further more it's possible to return to the still closed door long after having finished "Eulogy for the Dead" and still being able to open it with the quest item "The Eel's Coil".

Which certainly can be considered a bug/oversight since "The Eel's Coil" gets automatically removed from the PC's stash upon reporting to and concluding "Eulogy for the Dead" with High Priest Kasu in the Temple of Berath.

In short - Option 2, "[Hold the Eel's Coil up to the door.]" shouldn't be available anymore at any point after "Eulogy for the Dead" has been concluded (and the Door had not been opened in the process).

fllwphngngsplchr01.png

fllwphngngsplchr02.png