I think you have to take into account the teeming masses of players that will no longer involuntarily ruin their own games by spamming summons. Mission accomplished! :p

so it means human needs policing as they can't control themselves :D

I’m playing through the game a second time with the Deadly Deadfire mod and figurines are a godsend. I run out of charges basically instantly because the summons are basically extra tank friends.

I also have the same problem of saving everything until I “need” it, so I’ve gotten into the habit of just using consumables whenever I think they’re going to be useful without hesitation, even on simpler fights.

next! consumables and crafting to be on nerf list to have like charges. only 10 potions allowed to be consumed for whole game. consumables and drugs make the game too easy and i can't control myself. go obsidian   :dancing:

Edited by Archaven
  • Like 1

Weren't there figurines in PoE1? What changed between then and now?

in PoE 2 before patch 1.2.0.0017 they had illimited charges and one use per rest

now they have only  (x) charges, exausted them you can trash the figurine.

I was a bit confused when I saw this topic, as I'd not noticed that in the patch notes, but it was my negative prediction. I'm not wild about the nerf, since I rarely ever used or abused them anyway - it was just good to know they were there without a huge background cost. Because unless you spam them I never found them particularly fight swinging so much as convenient. 

But then, I was surprised when Berath's Bells were 'scrolls' and didn't recharge or weren't a once per day thing, and I ended up never using them. That patch would just turn figurines into the bell v2.0 for me, personally. Something I save and never use unless a character is about to go down, and for the figurines not even then as I'd probably be better off dropping that stronger potion and getting back to it, rather than summon the weak creatures (weak by the time I'd probably be needing the summon anyway). If anything making them consumable means that when you use them they probably need to have an even bigger impact to justify the inherent cost of losing them - a potion of the proper level for the character can completely undo most of an opponent's resource usage in a fight. As they stand now I always just used them as fire and forget flanking mitigation when I was *really* outnumbered so  that it was less likely Eder would get charged past by 3 or 4 xaurip champions, or something, because he'd maxed out his like 5 or so engaged foes.

Edited by Rheios
  • Like 1

I mean, why did they change the operation of the figurines? It was "ok" for the full game of PoE and two expansions but suddenly in PoE2 they are "game breakingly" OP. 

PoE2 figurines no longer have the 1/per rest limit? So you could summon all three at once if you want? Interesting. Five party members blowing three summons each in one fight fight would make for a fun battle royale against the end boss! But there must be some kind of "recovery" too, so how many could you really summon in one battle?

Actually, no. Figurines in Deadfire were - and still are - 1/rest items. Just like in PoE1. Sumoning rules are generally the same. The difference is that they now have charges, ON TOP OF that limit.

And to answer your question, as to "why".. that is because bAlunZ iZ imPUrTunD! Pretty much the only reason.

The Pillars 2 community: "The game's too easy even on POTD!"

The Pillars 2 community: "Why'd they nerf ____?!"

Even with the limited charges you have so many figurines available throughout the game that you can give each party member one and use them in nearly every even slightly challenging fight and still have charges/uses to spare by the final battle.

And they didn't nerf the necklace that lets you summon a drake -- a freakin' huge fire-breathing drake -- once per rest.

• Like 2

The Pillars 2 community: "The game's too easy even on POTD!"

The Pillars 2 community: "Why'd they nerf ____?!"

Even with the limited charges you have so many figurines available throughout the game that you can give each party member one and use them in nearly every even slightly challenging fight and still have charges/uses to spare by the final battle.

And they didn't nerf the necklace that lets you summon a drake -- a freakin' huge fire-breathing drake -- once per rest.

In fairness, they may not be the same people, playing the same way, or at the same difficulty. I can't comment on balance toward difficulty, as I didn't play optimally first game but entirely for the story, but my natural hoarding nature means I don't like the change myself. I'd prefer them just take a longer time to recharge - like multiple rests, or you could only have 1 figurine out at a time or something.

• Like 1

Obsidian forums: “POTD is still too easy!!”

Also Obsidian forums: “Stop nerfing things I use to make the game easy!!”

Edit: apparently this sentiment was ninja’d hours ago

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

next! consumables and crafting to be on nerf list to have like charges. only 10 potions allowed to be consumed for whole game. consumables and drugs make the game too easy and i can't control myself. go obsidian   :dancing:

Don't give them any ideas. Also: solo players think companions and sidekicks make the game too easy. Will they have charges too? :p

• Like 1

sign.jpg

I have a few figurines still in my inventory I just never remember to use them. I really should have used

maybe one or two, since most of my tougher battles I gotten myself into, would of been made a lot easier.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I think you have to take into account the teeming masses of players that will no longer involuntarily ruin their own games by spamming summons. Mission accomplished! :p

"Ruin your game" is subjective. I don't "ruin my own game", I play how I want when the toolkit is there for me. I liked it far more when I could use summon figurines to boost my numbers more regularly. They did have a rest limit, so it wasn't like you could just spam them.

• Like 1

When an item is badly designed to be ridiculously overpowered, rebalancing it is obviously the right way to go. I still use them and find it fine.

Whether some people spam summons or not, or don't use them because of hyperanxiety about charges, or install mods to roll that back, is all their business and not a problem.

• Like 5

Im really really happy with the nerf but now that they have been nerfed it would be good to see some more powerful monsters get summoned by Figurines as they now have a limited amount of charges

Would be pretty cool to summons some powerful monsters every now and again

I wonder how the people who play solo are going after the nerf lol 

They must be pulling there hair out

Im really really happy with the nerf but now that they have been nerfed it would be good to see some more powerful monsters get summoned by Figurines as they now have a limited amount of charges

Would be pretty cool to summons some powerful monsters every now and again

I wonder how the people who play solo are going after the nerf lol 

They must be pulling there hair out

Nope :D The most of players who plays PotD solo don't need summons at all, they don't have free quick slot for such useless items

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

What are you talking about?

Every POTD solo run i have seen on youtube urges people to beeline straight to the shade summons figurine (pre patch 1.02)

You are as they say wrong my dear fellow

Edited by no1fanboy

What are you talking about?

Every POTD solo run i have seen on youtube urges people to beeline straight to the shade summons figurine (pre patch 1.02)

You are as they say wrong my dear fellow

Because that one and maybe the siren one are the only ones that are not worthless damage-wise. You could always play solo without them and now you have to most of the time.

• Like 1