I’m playing through the game a second time with the Deadly Deadfire mod and figurines are a godsend. I run out of charges basically instantly because the summons are basically extra tank friends.

I also have the same problem of saving everything until I “need” it, so I’ve gotten into the habit of just using consumables whenever I think they’re going to be useful without hesitation, even on simpler fights.

• Like 1

I just downloaded Xaratas uncharged figurines mod on the nexus because I hated the nerf.

totally agree, people are able to use their mind, there is no need to have that kind of general nerf .

• Like 1

I never used figurines as often as I could/should have anyway. This way at least they feel important to me.

+1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I never used figurines as often as I could/should have anyway. This way at least they feel important to me.

This change was almost irrelevant for me. I avoided using figurines as much as possible because they made things too easily. But seeing the charges in their description justifies my behavior. And they are kind of irrelevant at level 18 anyway, because the game is quite easy now.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

100% the best nerf ever implemented.

Your play style will be completely different now that it is not based around spamming walls of summons

Why do you care how people choose to play their single player game?

This is a very common approach around here. Don't even try to make sense of it :)

• Like 1

Your play style will be completely different now that it is not based around spamming walls of summons

It's that whole "My way or the highway baby!" attitude that has seemingly become the norm today  YMMV

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Aside from what other people have mentioned, I think there's more discussion (right or wrong) about getting players to enjoy games more by designing them differently. 

The argument is that players tend to do what the easiest, safest, and most efficient thing is, even if it makes them miserable, and designing things so that they don't do things like that is supposed to make the game better.

I generally side with the "Let players do what they want" angle, but I also don't mind the game developers trying to balance/design the game better if they think that's needed (though I'm sure they're getting a lot of pressure from some players/fans to do certain things).

• Like 1

There is no use per rest? I thinked the nerf was some charges+1 per rest to use. Is possible to each party member use Figurine in the same time? This case, the nerf should be only one figurine in the same time.

Currently Playing

• Pillars of Eternity
  • Morrowind
  • Stardew Valley

Future Play

• Deadfire
  • Oblivion
  • The Witcher

Aside from what other people have mentioned, I think there's more discussion (right or wrong) about getting players to enjoy games more by designing them differently. 

The argument is that players tend to do what the easiest, safest, and most efficient thing is, even if it makes them miserable, and designing things so that they don't do things like that is supposed to make the game better.

I generally side with the "Let players do what they want" angle, but I also don't mind the game developers trying to balance/design the game better if they think that's needed (though I'm sure they're getting a lot of pressure from some players/fans to do certain things).

But a nerf isn't the right way, the release design  should be the definitive one at least in terms of general gameplay. Nerfing the whole thing after is just frustrating

Edited by kilay

But a nerf isn't the right way, the release design should be the definitive one at least in terms of generally gameplay. Nerfing the whole thing after is just frustrating

You're saying that the design the developers had when the game was released should be the same /not nerfed?

It's definitely frustrating if it messes up what you're used to, so I get that. That said, I think it'd be hard for the developers to get the design 100% right before they release it and then have a ton of people playing to test it out. Obviously they test it before release, but it's just not on the same scale.

• Like 1

Weren't there figurines in PoE1? What changed between then and now?

in PoE 2 before patch 1.2.0.0017 they had illimited charges and one use per rest

now they have only  (x) charges, exausted them you can trash the figurine.

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

I mean, why did they change the operation of the figurines? It was "ok" for the full game of PoE and two expansions but suddenly in PoE2 they are "game breakingly" OP. 

PoE2 figurines no longer have the 1/per rest limit? So you could summon all three at once if you want? Interesting. Five party members blowing three summons each in one fight fight would make for a fun battle royale against the end boss! But there must be some kind of "recovery" too, so how many could you really summon in one battle?

• Like 1