[1.2] Bugged weapon proficiency modals - they don't keep active after switching weapon set

tonpix

Question

1. load game save http://www.mediafire.com/file/ahesvk9mxp9az4j/bugged_modals.7z/file (it includes output log)

2. select Aloth, enable modals on 1st weapon set, switch to another weapon set, switch back to see that modals are disabled. It doesn't appear to be a visual bug, test verifies that effects match whenever modal is on/off

It seems to happen on any character, I think its just a global bug. Reloading save and restarting game doesn't help.

It greatly hinders playing with builds that rely on modals. Too much clicking and forgetting about them which can cost a lot in highest difficulty.

Was this bug logged and is there any progress? Any chance for hotfix?

3 answers to this question

Hi tonpix,

The behavior you are describing is intended. I have, however, sent this feedback along to our developers to consider. If you are saying that the modals are no longer activatable after switching weapon sets though, then that most assuredly is a bug and I'd like to ask you to provide your save file and output log file:

Output log: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data
Save File: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

Thanks for posting!

Hi tonpix,

The behavior you are describing is intended. I have, however, sent this feedback along to our developers to consider. If you are saying that the modals are no longer activatable after switching weapon sets though, then that most assuredly is a bug and I'd like to ask you to provide your save file and output log file:

Output log: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data
Save File: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

Thanks for posting!

Modals are activable. I'm surprised it's intended - right now I'm using a CC build that have 2 weapon sets (dual wield blunderbuss+wand / rod), all of those weapons are needed to have modals on to make it working. I switch weapons a lot. I really need to have toggle system for modals, otherwise it's just too much clicking/forgetting.

If my suggested behavior isn't applicable to most players, then perhaps option in game settings to set modals as toggle buttons would be a good compromise?

Save game and output are already provided in first post.

Thank you.

I think its since 1.1 that you can set up ai behaviour for weapon modals, equip the weapon you want to always have a modal on for, open the ai panel and copy one of the ai behaviours you're using if not already using a custom one.  At the bottom add a check for melee (if the weapon is melee) or ranged and then select the modal to activate if this condition is met.  

Example- if you have a war bow equipped while setting this up, you can select the Long Draw modal if its been picked in character level up under a ranged weapon check.   Might like to add a second or 5 in the duration between checks box.

Make sure this new/edited ai behaviour is selected in your characters ai panel. 

Continued example- if your character switches to a ranged weapon, in combat it will run the check and if its a war bow it will activate long draw automatically.

The side effect is it will always do this when the conditions are met, manually turning it off isn't really an option unless you either set a really long delay between checks on this behaviour step or turn off the custom/edited ai in your characters ai panel.